Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Post Lube Recipes Here!

4 posters

Go down

Post Lube Recipes Here! Empty Post Lube Recipes Here!

Post by Mohunter Wed Nov 10, 2010 8:37 am

We gotta have a Lube Recipe Section, it just wouldn't feel like home without it.

I've only tried a few, but got leading with the "Red Lubes" no matter what the ingredients and that's when I made the switch to Lithabee. It sticks like glue to the grease grooves and I got absolutely no leading of the barrel with it..........best part is that I didn't notice much smoke at all with it.

Here's the recipe that I used except I modified it to be pan lube friendly and not so tacky.

1 lb yellow beeswax
13 oz White Lithium grease ***Try using about half of that amount first if pan lubing***
1/4 pound paraffin wax **Add more wax if necessary to reach the melting point desired, but don't overdo it! Or you will ruin your lube**
I also added 1 heaping tblspn. of carnauba wax car polish

Go easy on the Lithium grease until you know how it will melt if your pan lubing. Too high of a percentage of Lithium grease will raise the melting point too high and it won't melt in your pan, it just stays like pudding.
If you have a lubrisizer, it won't matter.

And Here's the BEST TIP you will get all day long..................Ready?
Get yourself a nice little single burner hot plate to melt your pan lube on and you will thank me for it later.
I got mine from Walmart.com for about $18 bucks and at the time it was free shipping, so I lucked out. Any flea market or thrift store probably sells one you can afford, or hit a few yard sales if you don't intend to buy new, but they aren't all that expensive. It heats from the bottom of the pan I store my pan lubing in which is so much better than the heat gun method of heating from the top, I didn't have very good success with that method at all.

If you decide to get a single burner hot plate, go easy at first with it on low or med. low until you know how it's going to melt, Do Not Get It Too Hot! If it Smokes while heating.....That's Too Hot!
Mohunter
Mohunter
Store Front Owner
Store Front Owner

Back to top Go down

Post Lube Recipes Here! Empty Re: Post Lube Recipes Here!

Post by Pathfinder Wed Nov 10, 2010 4:41 pm

Ok guys. Here's my bullet lube mix. 1) 1 pound of Bees Wax
2) 1 pound of Paraffin
3) 1/2 pound Vaseline (unscented unless you like your bullets to smell like baby ass)
4) 2 tablespoon STP oil treatment
5) 2 tablespoon Liquid Alox
6) 1 Crayon
I usually melt the paraffin and bees wax first then add the vaseline followed by the STP and Alox. Finally I add the crayon. This is pretty much smoke free. Its soft enough to push through the luberesizer with out using a heating plate. I have a method of making preformed sticks for the Lyman Luberesizer. If anybody would like I can make a video of how I do it and post the video.
Pathfinder
Pathfinder

Back to top Go down

Post by Blade Mon Nov 29, 2010 5:52 pm

My bullet lube recipe for pan lubing:

1 lb Beeswax
1 lb Paraffin wax
1 lb Vaseline
2 tbls of Pro Long (because i couldn't find any stp, but i did had the pro long at hand)
1 Crayon (just for color)

It doesn't smoke much at all, that's basically why i use it and no leading. I melt the beeswax and paraffin wax first, then i add the vaseline then the pro long and the crayon.
Blade
Blade

Back to top Go down

Post by Mohunter Tue Nov 30, 2010 1:11 am

Pathfinder wrote:Ok guys. Here's my bullet lube mix. 1) 1 pound of Bees Wax
2) 1 pound of Paraffin
3) 1/2 pound Vaseline (unscented unless you like your bullets to smell like baby ass)
4) 2 tablespoon STP oil treatment
5) 2 tablespoon Liquid Alox
6) 1 Crayon
I usually melt the paraffin and bees wax first then add the vaseline followed by the STP and Alox. Finally I add the crayon. This is pretty much smoke free. Its soft enough to push through the luberesizer with out using a heating plate. I have a method of making preformed sticks for the Lyman Luberesizer. If anybody would like I can make a video of how I do it and post the video.
Baby Ass boolit lube.........Ha, that's funny! Razz
Mohunter
Mohunter
Store Front Owner
Store Front Owner

Back to top Go down

Post by Reload3006 Thu Jan 26, 2012 11:08 am

I just bought a few sticks of Jakes purple cresin. I love that stuff. I wonder if anyone has a recipe for something similar?
Reload3006
Reload3006

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down