Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

My next Project...

4 posters

Go down

My next Project... Empty My next Project...

Post by Rick459 Wed Aug 17, 2011 1:34 pm

sitting around the other day was looking at a Shilen 6.5 barrel that i bought years ago to re-barrel my Carcano rifle that was butchered by the smith i sent it to and has been sitting around for the last 5 years..... i decided to make a liner to re-line my rusted up 7 TCU barrel and chamber it for the 6.5 carcano round.... why you ask.... because that is the reamer i have that has never been used and i hate to throw anything away. i am hanbicapped here as i am doing this all on a 7x10 lathe. if i pull this off my machining skills wil have risen at least 5 points. hopefully i will have this accomplished in a month or two. ion the photo the liner looks shorter than the barrel but that is just a optical illusion of the camera it is actually longer. the barrel is 10 inches and the liner is almost 10 1/2 inches. HTH someone.
Rick
My next Project... Picture314
Rick459
Rick459

Back to top Go down

My next Project... Empty Re: My next Project...

Post by hawcer Wed Aug 17, 2011 2:06 pm

Cool, I hope it turns out for you.... Pun not originally intended, but works nicely Wink
hawcer
hawcer
Mod

Back to top Go down

Post by eagle60 Wed Aug 17, 2011 4:37 pm

Sounds like a cool project. I hope you have enough room on the 7x10 to work ono the 10+ inch parts. I've come to find out that the mini lathes are capable of doing some pretty good work when well maintained. Good luck with it, I'm anxious to see the results..

(I would have said anxious to see how it turns out but hawcer beat me to it LOL)
eagle60
eagle60

Back to top Go down

Post by Rick459 Wed Aug 17, 2011 7:01 pm

i have done the most major mods on my 7x10 to tighten it up and it does work well for it's size i'm just limited in my center to center travel as i am using a 5" chuck on it taking away more center to center travel. if i can figure out a way to bore out the barrel for the liner to fit the rest will be easy.
Rick
Rick459
Rick459

Back to top Go down

Post by Pathfinder Thu Aug 18, 2011 5:45 pm

Looking forward to see how it comes out! I love this stuff!
Pathfinder
Pathfinder

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down