Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Casting brass or copper bullets? anyone?

3 posters

Go down

Casting brass or copper bullets? anyone? Empty Casting brass or copper bullets? anyone?

Post by hawcer Thu Aug 18, 2011 9:03 am

has anyone tried casting solid brass or copper bullets? I realize it would prolly require steel molds and a hotter furnace....

Maybe even zinc?

How about you Pathfinder?...I know you have the goods to accomplish such a task.
hawcer
hawcer
Mod

Back to top Go down

Casting brass or copper bullets? anyone? Empty Re: Casting brass or copper bullets? anyone?

Post by Pathfinder Thu Aug 18, 2011 4:49 pm

hawcer wrote:has anyone tried casting solid brass or copper bullets? I realize it would prolly require steel molds and a hotter furnace....

Maybe even zinc?

How about you Pathfinder?...I know you have the goods to accomplish such a task.

I haven't yet but there is a plan in the works Twisted Evil
Pathfinder
Pathfinder

Back to top Go down

Casting brass or copper bullets? anyone? Empty Re: Casting brass or copper bullets? anyone?

Post by Daywalker Thu Aug 18, 2011 5:43 pm

I know that Mrmat4570 had turned some bullets out of copper I believe it is on his lathe. These wer for his 4570.. Not sure about pouring.

I had thought about melting some zink in a different pot as not to mess my good one up and try casting zinc. Probably won't be a pretty looking bullet with all the wrinkles but may work....
Daywalker
Daywalker
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down