Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Interesting sight for those of us with large collection of molds for cast boolits

4 posters

Go down

Interesting sight for those of us with large collection of molds for cast boolits Empty Interesting sight for those of us with large collection of molds for cast boolits

Post by scorge30 Sun Oct 02, 2011 3:20 pm

While surfing the web this morning and looking at an NEI mold that might work with my .30 Herrett, .309 JDJ, .30 Bower Alaskan, etc I came accross this website.

http://www.hollowpointmold.com/

Looks like this guy is doing some real nice work on molds. Prices are not too bad and he has some molds for sale with repairs and modifications done.

I like the inset-bar extractor linkage option and wonder if I have a few molds that I could get converted to some different HP options. I might keep him in mind if I need some mold repair work and to get a couple molds made to drop HPs. He does offer removal of the gas check (conversion to PB) shank which might be good for black powder, light smokeless, or Trail Boss use. I would rather keep the gas check shank on the mold.

If anyone is familiar with this web site please do tell.

I see he offers the old Wondersight for revolvers. Might have to grab one of those for the wife's old Model 10. Something I have wanted for a while but will have a gunsmith install it as I do not trust myself drilling on the side of the pistol. My luck I would bugger it up and I would never hear the end of it.

http://www.hollowpointmold.com/wondersight/

Last edited by scorge30 on Sun Oct 02, 2011 3:21 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Better formatting)
scorge30
scorge30

Back to top Go down

Interesting sight for those of us with large collection of molds for cast boolits Empty Re: Interesting sight for those of us with large collection of molds for cast boolits

Post by 357shooter Tue Oct 04, 2011 7:11 pm

Hi,
I've had some work done there, bevel bases removed from moulds mostly. I dealt with Erik via email. He is first class and does great work. Very helpful and very honest. I've only heard good things about the hollowpoint work he does too.

357shooter
357shooter

http://357shooter.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Interesting sight for those of us with large collection of molds for cast boolits Empty Re: Interesting sight for those of us with large collection of molds for cast boolits

Post by scorge30 Tue Oct 04, 2011 7:23 pm

Well that is good to know. For someone like me that has a large collection of molds some of his services are tempting for me to try.

I would love to have some more HP variety in my molds, and while casting is on hold now while most of my casting partners are deployed again, it will start up once most of them return.

We have to drive to the outdoor ranges now to use bare lead, so all the lead ammo got shelved along with the casting equip.

I will keep the site in mind if I come accross good molds for sale at the local swap meets. I sometimes come accross molds that need a little TLC to return them to use, and having the option of sending them to Erik for conversion or repair makes it even tempting to acquire more molds.

I haunt EBay and Gunbroker for good used molds, and am always on the look out for NEI, Saeco, and Lyman (Ideal) molds cheap.

Still cannot beat the cheapness of cast bullets for cheap shooting. I just need to plan to spend longer time on the range after driving about an hour and a half to get the outdoor range.
scorge30
scorge30

Back to top Go down

Post by Pappydripps Fri Nov 04, 2011 3:09 am

hello and good morning i went to the site of mold casting i didnt see a mold for a 54 cal (black powder) its hard to find rounds for it if anyone knows where i might get my hands on sabots or round balls molds id like to know thanks ...pappydripps

Pappydripps

Back to top Go down

Post by scorge30 Fri Nov 04, 2011 12:50 pm

scorge30
scorge30

Back to top Go down

Post by Pappydripps Mon Nov 28, 2011 12:48 am

thanks for ur time i'll check out those places .....use to beable to find 54's everywhere ..now they are hard to find .if u dont know where to look (like me ) ..lol once again thanks...pappy

Pappydripps

Back to top Go down

Post by renofish Fri Mar 02, 2012 6:07 am

For the fellow who is repairing molds and doing Hollow Point conversions HIS COMPANY LINK: http://www.hollowpointmold.com/

His name is Erik and I too have had him do several mold repairs and conversions to hollow point. Erik is a first class fellow. His work is great, with fare pricing and personality that is top notice. Erik is an open minded person and if you have a project that needs machine work that is not mold related he just might be able to help you. I live here in Miami and trust only Erik who is from Oregon to do my machining. That should in it's self say alot!

Who am I, I have been casting bullets for over 35 years. I use mostly Hensley and Gibbs molds. I also swag my own jacketed bullets. I shoot and hunt only with my own bullets. Making acculturate bullets can only come from precision tools and people who know how to use and maintain them.

What a joy that we have the freedom to live in a country that provides us with such wonderful opportunities for travel and adventure. Not to forget the right to own, bear and fire our own guns..............

PLEASE VOTE RESPONSIBLY!

renofish

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down