Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Hog Stopper ?

4 posters

Go down

Hog Stopper ? Empty Hog Stopper ?

Post by george457d Wed Nov 16, 2011 11:04 pm

I just found a company that is going to do a limited run on ....
Yehaw Troll cartmoose rocketwhore taz
10mm carbine chicken
I can find ballistics for a 5in. Delta-Elite
But what can I expect from 16in. ?
Bug
feedack
george457d
george457d

Back to top Go down

Hog Stopper ? Empty Re: Hog Stopper ?

Post by hawcer Thu Nov 17, 2011 9:25 am

I'd guess anywhere between 200 and 400 fps faster than out of a pistol depending on the load. 10mm's are brutal when compared to everything close to it, 40cal, 45acp,etc. Put that in a carbine and you'll be up in the same ballpark as the 44 magnum.

I think it should take down a hog....but than again, I've read a few posts of 450 Bushmasters not getting the job done( I'd blame load selection or shooter error for that)

The 10mm isn't found in a carbine very often because it runs on much higher pressure than other pistol rounds. This makes a blowback design very difficult to get to operate correctly. But seeing how it's chamber pressure exceed 30,000psi...I don't know why a gas system couldn't be used. I bet someone could get the 10mm to run in a AR15 if a short pistol gas tube was used(shorter than the carbine tube), to give it enough dwell time. Use a 7.62x39 (may need slight modification to the bolt face))bolt head and standard carrier. Then play around with different buffers and recoil springs to tune it in just right. Finding someone to thread a 40cal barrel and headspace the extension might be the hardest task.

who did you find that will be making them?
hawcer
hawcer
Mod

Back to top Go down

Post by hawcer Thu Nov 17, 2011 11:49 am

Unless it is a bolt action...that would be badass too Twisted Evil
hawcer
hawcer
Mod

Back to top Go down

Post by dartfreak75 Thu Nov 17, 2011 11:52 am

i like the ar idea that would be sweet
dartfreak75
dartfreak75

Back to top Go down

Post by george457d Thu Nov 17, 2011 12:10 pm

hawcer wrote:I'd guess anywhere between 200 and 400 fps faster than out of a pistol depending on the load. 10mm's are brutal when compared to everything close to it, 40cal, 45acp,etc. Put that in a carbine and you'll be up in the same ballpark as the 44 magnum.

I think it should take down a hog....but than again, I've read a few posts of 450 Bushmasters not getting the job done( I'd blame load selection or shooter error for that)

The 10mm isn't found in a carbine very often because it runs on much higher pressure than other pistol rounds. This makes a blowback design very difficult to get to operate correctly. But seeing how it's chamber pressure exceed 30,000psi...I don't know why a gas system couldn't be used. I bet someone could get the 10mm to run in a AR15 if a short pistol gas tube was used(shorter than the carbine tube), to give it enough dwell time. Use a 7.62x39 (may need slight modification to the bolt face))bolt head and standard carrier. Then play around with different buffers and recoil springs to tune it in just right. Finding someone to thread a 40cal barrel and headspace the extension might be the hardest task.

who did you find that will be making them?
Thureon Defense let me know their gona make a limited run on 10mm carbines
https://youtu.be/ZqFFUrJHDeA
I found it in this vid Redneck
george457d
george457d

Back to top Go down

Post by george457d Thu Nov 17, 2011 12:14 pm

dartfreak75 wrote:i like the ar idea that would be sweet
check-out the bump-fire ar15
george457d
george457d

Back to top Go down

Post by chingachkook Thu Nov 17, 2011 2:28 pm

Many years ago Remington's standard approximation per 1" change of barrel length with factory pistol cartridges was 35 FPS per inch of change +/-.
chingachkook
chingachkook

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down