Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

RRA Predator Pursuit

+4
RemMan700
hawcer
infantryjohn49
XbonesX
8 posters

Go down

RRA Predator Pursuit Empty RRA Predator Pursuit

Post by XbonesX Sun Nov 14, 2010 2:53 am

well I was looking for an AR upper that I could do some target shooting with, something I could mount a scope to. RemMan has a Rock River Arms Predator Pursuit and suggested it, so I did some research and decided it was what I was looking for.
http://www.rockriverarms.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=category.display&category_id=271

I ordered the upper through an online retailer, a Timney 3# trigger from MidwayUSA on sale, some Warne Tactical rings, and a Vortex Crossfire until I could decide how good of a scope the rifle warranted.

I mounted the scope last night and this morning threw together 44 rounds (weird batch #) with a load that worked great in my 16" AR (69gr SMK & TAC). Figured I'd break in the barrel and dial in the scope. Using a Harris bi-pod and sandbags at 100 yards the first 4 shots I had the scope where I wanted it and cleaned between each round. So I started on 5 shot strings & cleaning. Well on the 4th 5 shot group I shot this little baby.
RRA Predator Pursuit TgtGfx

According to ontargetsoftware.com it measures .304". Needless to say I am very happy. I shot 3x groups with 4 shots touching and the one above. I was laughing because there where 3 guys there shooting 2k+ custom benchrest guns and their groups werent any better than mine. Razz

Thanks to RemMan for the recommendation, I couldn't be happier.

Last edited by XbonesX on Thu Mar 03, 2011 7:50 pm; edited 1 time in total
XbonesX
XbonesX
Mod

Back to top Go down

RRA Predator Pursuit Empty Re: RRA Predator Pursuit

Post by XbonesX Sun Nov 14, 2010 3:40 am

My plan is to now produce some better quality reloads. I just threw something together about an hour before the range as I wasn't planning on shooting for groups. I was getting .006 runout on some 20 year old WCC brass that had crimped primers that were causing me seating problems, brass wasn't trimmed to length, and I seated the bullets too long to fit in the magazine. I had 4 rounds that didn't fire on the first shot.

I recently bought a new Forster Co-Ax press to test out. I'm excited to see if this will help improve things any.
XbonesX
XbonesX
Mod

Back to top Go down

Post by infantryjohn49 Sun Nov 14, 2010 11:33 am

Wow ,man that is impressive. I been working up some loads for my AR.
I do not have those kinds of results from the 100 yard mark.I can get close at the 50 yard mark. Maybe I will send my AR to you ,so you can cast a spell on it. LOL. I been using Ramshot Tac. And 55 grain Sierra spitzers in hollow point.I can hit the target at 100 yards but 2 inch groups are the norm. I need to change something.Any suggestions? Thanks.
infantryjohn49
infantryjohn49

Back to top Go down

Post by hawcer Sun Nov 14, 2010 11:41 am

Nice group! Especially from a load that was worked up for a slightly different rifle.
Looks like you really have something there to work with.

How's that trigger? I really need to upgrade my stock AR triggers...The drop in assembly keeps me looking at them, but the price has been the only thing holding me back.
hawcer
hawcer
Mod

Back to top Go down

Post by XbonesX Sun Nov 14, 2010 1:49 pm

anytime John. i got some good spells Twisted Evil maybe look to a heavier bullet for target shooting, even my 1:9 16" likes the heavier bullets over the 55's.

Hawcer, I LOVE the trigger. I forgot I had it in there and the first shot surprised me as I am use to regular ARs. The price does suck, but for the money I think the Timneys are hard to beat. There are some better models on the market but they are also twice as much.
XbonesX
XbonesX
Mod

Back to top Go down

Post by RemMan700 Sun Nov 14, 2010 11:07 pm

Nice little group there.
RemMan700
RemMan700
Mod

Back to top Go down

Post by Nicnac Wed Nov 17, 2010 9:51 pm

Sweet group T-man, its about time you got to the range with that gun.... Cool
Nicnac
Nicnac

Back to top Go down

Post by Daywalker Wed Nov 17, 2010 10:02 pm

Nicnac wrote:Sweet group T-man, its about time you got to the range with that gun.... Cool

Hey Nicnac, great to see ya man!!!
Daywalker
Daywalker
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Mohunter Wed Nov 17, 2010 10:26 pm

Well Taylor......My dad always said that even a blind hog can find an acorn every now and then. Razz lol!

Just kidding..........Great groups. Imagine how nice it will shoot when you get the barrel broke in and a well tuned load built.
I always thought that the accuracy of the AR's were mediocre at best, but I guess you proved that notion to be a farce?

Of course.......I'm not a black rifle guy either.......I'm a bolt guy. rifleman
Mohunter
Mohunter
Store Front Owner
Store Front Owner

Back to top Go down

Post by Mohunter Wed Nov 17, 2010 10:29 pm

Hey NicNac........good to see ya dropped by, welcome to ATG!
Mohunter
Mohunter
Store Front Owner
Store Front Owner

Back to top Go down

Post by RichBirdHunter Fri Nov 26, 2010 12:14 pm

So I have a foxpro game call are you gonna shot any dogs?
RichBirdHunter
RichBirdHunter

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down