Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Stop chasing brass! Convert that old-fashioned autoloader to a modern single shot!

4 posters

Go down

Stop chasing brass! Convert that old-fashioned autoloader to a modern single shot! Empty Stop chasing brass! Convert that old-fashioned autoloader to a modern single shot!

Post by EdgarEg Fri Dec 23, 2011 11:45 pm

Stop chasing brass! Convert that old-fashioned autoloader to a modern single shot!
Impress your friends and family!

My Taurus PT100 frequently failed to extract. I cleaned and polished the chamber and put in a new extractor and that helped some but it still failed to extract a lot. I did not throw away the old extractor.

I got to thinking that well, if it never extracted I would not have to chase down the brass. So I ground down the claw on the old extractor that I had replaced until there was no claw. Then I installed the old, ground-down, clawless extractor. Now the PT100 is a single shot.Stop chasing brass! Convert that old-fashioned autoloader to a modern single shot! Claw10 Stop chasing brass! Convert that old-fashioned autoloader to a modern single shot! Slide10

The magazine is not needed at all. Since it is now a single shot it is quicker to just put the cartridge in the chamber rather than use the magazine to load it.

And if you leave the magazine in when you fire it causes problems. If you have an empty magazine in when you fire then the slide will lock back and the case will extract. If you fire with no magazine then the slide slams back on the empty case and the case will not extract.

So now you have magazines that you can sell on GunBroker.

If you fire with a magazine that is not empty you get a double feed, of course.
Stop chasing brass! Convert that old-fashioned autoloader to a modern single shot! Pt10010
EdgarEg
EdgarEg

Back to top Go down

Stop chasing brass! Convert that old-fashioned autoloader to a modern single shot! Empty Re: Stop chasing brass! Convert that old-fashioned autoloader to a modern single shot!

Post by eagle60 Sat Dec 24, 2011 12:30 am

Well kiss my monkey behind! I never knew a single shot could be so useful Laughing
eagle60
eagle60

Back to top Go down

Stop chasing brass! Convert that old-fashioned autoloader to a modern single shot! Empty Re: Stop chasing brass! Convert that old-fashioned autoloader to a modern single shot!

Post by Sasquatch-1 Sat Dec 24, 2011 8:01 am

Wouldn't a wheel gun be just as effective and give you more shots. Very Happy
Sasquatch-1
Sasquatch-1

Back to top Go down

Post by dartfreak75 Sat Dec 24, 2011 1:25 pm

thats cool does the slide stay back after every shot without the mag? thats a pretty gun shame it want feed
dartfreak75
dartfreak75

Back to top Go down

Post by EdgarEg Sat Dec 24, 2011 2:57 pm

dartfreak75 wrote:does the slide stay back after every shot without the mag?
No. Without the mag in, the slide returns to battery. So you gotta open it to manually remove the emtpy case and load the next round.

But if you leave the empty mag in then the slide stays back and case will extract (from blow-back, I guess) and eject.
And if you leave the not-empty mag in then the case ejects enough to be crushed by the returning slide.
EdgarEg
EdgarEg

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down