Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Lee Pot help.....

5 posters

Go down

Lee Pot help..... Empty Lee Pot help.....

Post by brow_tines Fri Apr 13, 2012 9:19 pm

OK, first of all you guys are bad influences Very Happy I was making sum boolits earlier and my pot has a drip to it. I have a "pile" of lead about a 1/2 inch high while I'm working the spruce plate and dropping the boolits. Is there a adjustment on it ? here's the one I have, but the older model.
brow_tines
brow_tines

Back to top Go down

Lee Pot help..... Empty Re: Lee Pot help.....

Post by tripples Fri Apr 13, 2012 10:28 pm

I'm not able to see the pot you have, but there should be a slot at the top of the stopper that you can use a straight blade screwdriver and gently twist back and forth to stop the drip. Also when I am casting I kinda drop my lever when I'm done with a pore, kinda letting it slightly slam shut seems to help with my pot.

I also keep a cookie sheet on top of the stand kinda angled back away from me so that when i get a drip or miss the mold and hot lead will splash away from me standing there. I would like to put a rest on mine like the larger Lee pot has.

Hope that helps
Tripples

tripples

Back to top Go down

Post by brow_tines Fri Apr 13, 2012 10:35 pm

brow_tines
brow_tines

Back to top Go down

Post by hawcer Fri Apr 13, 2012 11:13 pm

As mentioned by tripples,if it drips, turn the slot head back and fourth a few times to rub off any debri causing the pintle to not seat and leak.

A slight push on the handle helps it from leaking too...it don't like letting the handle drop, it always bounces and makes more mess then the drips I'm trying to prevent.
I don't let the dripping bother me too much...it's going to happen no matter what you do to prevent it. just toss the drippings back into the pot and continue casting.

hawcer
hawcer
Mod

Back to top Go down

Post by tripples Sat Apr 14, 2012 2:23 am

Hawcer, Just to clarify when I said I let the handle drop, I didn't mean I let it drop that it bounces. More less you can feel the point of where the stopper is bottomed out and the play in the linkage is dropping with the weight of the handle. I do this in motion when I finish my pour. I do keep an old screwdriver handy and use it when I flux the pot and when i am waiting for the pot to get to temp when I refill it. The more you keep in the pot the less I have to refill it.

Tripples

tripples

Back to top Go down

Post by Daywalker Sat Apr 14, 2012 7:44 am

On my pot, the fuller I keep it, the less it drips. As mentioned, I don't sweat the drip, just scoop and put back in the pot. It's all good.......
Daywalker
Daywalker
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sasquatch-1 Sat Apr 14, 2012 8:16 am

+1 on the screw driver. Keep one right nest to my 10 lber. I have also found a little rap with a mallet on the plunger helps a little also. I have also noticed that the hooter my pot gets the more it drips, so I use this as a kind of tempeture guage.
Sasquatch-1
Sasquatch-1

Back to top Go down

Post by brow_tines Sun Apr 15, 2012 9:22 am

The screwdriver fixed it thanks everyone
brow_tines
brow_tines

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum