Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

What is the advantage of titanium coating on a pocket knive?

2 posters

Go down

What is the advantage of titanium coating on a pocket knive? Empty What is the advantage of titanium coating on a pocket knive?

Post by EdgarEg Sun Nov 18, 2012 9:04 pm

I got the Smokey Mountain Knife Work Christmas catalog in the mail. I saw some titanium coated knifes in it. Like this one:
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

So I told my wife I was thinking of buying one since that seemed so cool. She asked what is the advantage of the titanium coating? Won't it just come off when you sharpen it?

Well, she had me stumped. So tell me, what is the advantage of the titanium coating?[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
EdgarEg
EdgarEg

Back to top Go down

What is the advantage of titanium coating on a pocket knive? Empty Re: What is the advantage of titanium coating on a pocket knive?

Post by IDAce Mon Nov 19, 2012 1:45 am

It is supposed to help maintain an edge longer and improve strength of the blade overall. I dont know how it will help maintain an edge after you hone it once since you would be removing the surface coating by doing so.

IDAce

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum