Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Leupold scope not having as much adjustment as claimed?

4 posters

Go down

Leupold scope not having as much adjustment as claimed? Empty Leupold scope not having as much adjustment as claimed?

Post by RemMan700 Wed Aug 07, 2013 11:42 pm

I put my Leupold VX-3 6.5-20x40 AO scope on my Encore and took it to the range. My problem is that I bottomed out on my vertical adjustment and my groups were shooting about 12" higher then the dot I was shooting at. I pulled the scope off and it seems that I am getting about 53 MOA of total adjustment in my elevation and windage. I pulled the Leupold page up and sure enough it says my scope is supposed to have 90 MOA adjustment for both windage and elevation. The dial is marked with 15 Minutes and when I top or bottom the turret I get about 3 1/2 complete turns of the turret (3 turns being 45 MOA right??). I guess I have to call Leupold tomorrow. Crying or Very sad 
RemMan700
RemMan700
Mod

Back to top Go down

Leupold scope not having as much adjustment as claimed? Empty Re: Leupold scope not having as much adjustment as claimed?

Post by tripples Wed Aug 07, 2013 11:57 pm

Have you zeroed the scope to see where it was?

To do this look through the scope onto a mirror (scope needs to be against the mirror) and align the crosshairs.

Doing this will not correct the ammount of windage or elevation from what the listed data is, but I like to keep my scope as close to "0" as I can so I have as much adjustment as I can.

12" is a whole lot, have you checked the rings and bases to be sure they are on correct and the correct ones?

tripples

Back to top Go down

Leupold scope not having as much adjustment as claimed? Empty Re: Leupold scope not having as much adjustment as claimed?

Post by RemMan700 Thu Aug 08, 2013 12:20 am

Yeah rings and bases look good. From barrel to center of scope is less then 1.5" and I already had a Nikon scope zeroed on there just fine. The Nikon scope only has 80 MOA of adjustment. I centered the scope in the mirror and it let me do more turns up then it did down. I think the scope is messed up inside.
RemMan700
RemMan700
Mod

Back to top Go down

Post by tripples Thu Aug 08, 2013 3:46 am

If so I'm sure they will repair or replace it under warranty. At least I would hope they do.

tripples

Back to top Go down

Post by RemMan700 Thu Aug 08, 2013 12:15 pm

Spoke to Leupold today and they said I should have a lot more adjustment then what I have now. So I guess I send it in and wait.

I don't think I have ever turned a turret as much as I have in the past couple hours. Now I have turret finger.
RemMan700
RemMan700
Mod

Back to top Go down

Post by RemMan700 Tue Sep 17, 2013 5:43 pm

Well I my scope has been to Leupold twice and I just got it back. Guess what?!.....

STILL NOT FIXED!

They confirmed my scope is supposed to have 90 MOA of adjustment and it keeps coming back with about half of that. I am pretty disappointed at this point. Now it has got to go back a third time.
RemMan700
RemMan700
Mod

Back to top Go down

Post by RemMan700 Mon Oct 07, 2013 8:44 am

Interesting turn of events!....

A Leupold supervisor called me back and said that there advertising info was wrong and that my scope really should have like 49 MOA of adjustment in it. He said that they were going to give me my choice of VX-3 in 6.5-20 or 4.5-14 but they were going to upgrade me to a long range version (This version has like 114 MOA of adjst.) which has 30mm tube and side focus.  I chose the 4.5-14 with a Boone and Crockett reticle as I always felt a little over scoped with the 6-20 power. I actually received the new scope yesterday and am very pleased with it. They also let me choose a new set of scope rings since I was going to a 30mm tube.
RemMan700
RemMan700
Mod

Back to top Go down

Post by tripples Mon Oct 07, 2013 2:28 pm

That's great that they stood behind there product and admitted fault. I feel the way they handled it was far better than I would have expected.

I'm glad to hear it sounds like you are getting an upgrade. I hope it works out well for you. Sometimes it pays to be persistent with companies, and food to hear there are still some companies that care about customer service.

tripples

Back to top Go down

Post by eagle60 Mon Oct 07, 2013 4:26 pm

That is good to hear! Glad you finally got one that will work for ya.
eagle60
eagle60

Back to top Go down

Post by Nicnac Mon Oct 07, 2013 7:38 pm

BONUS..................... for you.

Glad to hear a scope manufacture standing behind their products.
Nicnac
Nicnac

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down