Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Mold Master 20

2 posters

Go down

Mold Master 20 Empty Mold Master 20

Post by Sasquatch-1 Mon Aug 26, 2013 7:30 am

I picked up an old Lyman Mold Master XX from a friend the other day.  This thing is quite old. (Couldn't even find any pictures on the internet)

Problem is it has a cord that plugs into the rheostat controller that is starting to loosen up.  The place where the cord plugs into the control had a fiberish insulation that is somewhat ridgid, that the male connectors went through and were kept apart, and secured them to the box on the outside of the pot.  This piece of insulation has started falling apart and needs to be replaced.  I am trying to find out if there is a specific name of this stuff I should be looking for. Or if there is a high heat resistant circuit board material I can use in it's place.  The entire job of this piece is to hold the pins in place and to insulate them from any other metal.  

I have an email in to Lyman but don't have high hopes because of the age of the pot.  

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Last edited by Sasquatch-1 on Mon Aug 26, 2013 8:28 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Added Pictures)
Sasquatch-1
Sasquatch-1

Back to top Go down

Mold Master 20 Empty Re: Mold Master 20

Post by eagle60 Mon Aug 26, 2013 5:07 pm

Looks to be some sort of fiberglass or mica insulation board. Check out this site - you should be able to find something that work work but getting the pins to stay in the new piece may be a challenge..

eagle60
eagle60

Back to top Go down

Post by Sasquatch-1 Mon Aug 26, 2013 8:46 pm

Thanks for the info. I picked up a small piece of fiber glass board from an electric motor repair shop today. drilled the holes and inserted the pins. The pins have bolts that hold them in place. I am now enjoying the world of "DRIPLESS" casting.

eagle60 wrote:Looks to be some sort of fiberglass or mica insulation board. Check out this site - you should be able to find something that work work but getting the pins to stay in the new piece may be a challenge..

Sasquatch-1
Sasquatch-1

Back to top Go down

Post by eagle60 Mon Aug 26, 2013 10:37 pm

Most excellent! Glad you got it going.
eagle60
eagle60

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content