Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Deer Roast Oven Method

2 posters

Go down

Deer Roast Oven Method Empty Deer Roast Oven Method

Post by Mohunter Thu Dec 02, 2010 9:32 am

If you have never tried this before........it's so simple!

This can be done with plain old deer steaks, neck roast, or even the tenderloin.
Preheat oven to 350deg. F

Place meat in suitable sized casserole dish.

Then Take 1 package of Lipton brand Onion Soup mix and mix with 1 cup of warm water, stir with a fork until blended and no clumps.......then pour over meat.
Now add just enough water to cover the meat..........(More can be added later if need be)
Place in oven and cook till tender.......times vary depending on the size of the roast, but I check it about once every hour and make sure it's still got water on the meat and it's not drying out. Add more water if needed.

When the meat is tender enough to pull apart with a fork......remove from oven and add 1 can of cream of mushroom soup. Incorporate the mushroom soup with the water and onion soup mix that the meat was cooked in, add a little more water if needed to make it somewhat of a gravy like consistency. Not too thin.........and not too thick.
Place back in oven for 30min.

While your waiting on the meat, you can make some mash potatoes or rice to go with the meat.
If making rice, I put the meat/soup mixture right over top of the rice on my plate.......mmmmm good!
Or it can be served with mashed potatoes and a side vegetable.

Enjoy!
Mohunter
Mohunter
Store Front Owner
Store Front Owner

Back to top Go down

Deer Roast Oven Method Empty Re: Deer Roast Oven Method

Post by Daywalker Thu Dec 02, 2010 4:33 pm

Nice, Thanks for sharing....
Daywalker
Daywalker
Admin