Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Ultrasonic Cleaner Revisited

+8
nicholst55
billarrington
Reload3006
scorge30
kcatto
hawcer
RichBirdHunter
Daywalker
12 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Ultrasonic Cleaner Revisited - Page 2 Empty Re: Ultrasonic Cleaner Revisited

Post by george457d Fri Jun 15, 2012 1:47 pm

nicholst55 wrote:You can buy a 2.5 liter ultrasonic cleaner for $70, that will do a whole bunch of brass. http://www.harborfreight.com/25-liter-ultrasonic-cleaner-95563.html

I got me one of them HFT 2.5 ,but used "Lyman-Turbo-Sonic" on 45 count of 45-70 ... them damn primer pocket is still dirty ... Think I'm gonna use corn-cob ,and a toothpick
george457d
george457d

Back to top Go down

Post by Daywalker Fri Jun 15, 2012 2:30 pm

george457d wrote:
nicholst55 wrote:You can buy a 2.5 liter ultrasonic cleaner for $70, that will do a whole bunch of brass. http://www.harborfreight.com/25-liter-ultrasonic-cleaner-95563.html

I got me one of them HFT 2.5 ,but used "Lyman-Turbo-Sonic" on 45 count of 45-70 ... them damn primer pocket is still dirty ... Think I'm gonna use corn-cob ,and a toothpick

Here is the answer to that problem. Walmart, dishwashing aisle, Lemishine. Nice hot water, tablespoon of Lemishine, let it run it's cycle. It works great for me...
Daywalker
Daywalker
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by george457d Wed Jun 20, 2012 3:37 am

Daywalker wrote:
george457d wrote:

Here is the answer to that problem. Walmart, dishwashing aisle, Lemishine. Nice hot water, tablespoon of Lemishine, let it run it's cycle. It works great for me...
I tried "Limonshine" ,also I tries "Simplegreen" ... Each at 3 cycles of 480 (21 minutes) with hot water ... still no joy
george457d
george457d

Back to top Go down

Post by pegleg Thu Oct 25, 2012 9:32 am

Okay, so I'm a little late to the thread, but go to harbor freight's website and look up their 2.5 L ultrasonic parts cleaner. it looks exactly like a major reloading manufacturer's cleaner, but of different color. It's constantly on sale for $55.00. I use it with One shot cleaning concentrate and it works great.
pegleg
pegleg

Back to top Go down

Post by EdgarEg Thu Oct 25, 2012 11:16 am

pegleg wrote:Okay, so I'm a little late to the thread, but go to harbor freight's website and look up their 2.5 L ultrasonic parts cleaner. it looks exactly like a major reloading manufacturer's cleaner, but of different color. It's constantly on sale for $55.00. I use it with One shot cleaning concentrate and it works great.
The one I got at Harbor Freight Tools had a timer that was about 7 minutes. So I had to hit the button to start it up again every 7 minutes. Did yours do that?
EdgarEg
EdgarEg

Back to top Go down

Post by scorge30 Thu Oct 25, 2012 11:36 am

My HFT ultra sonic cleaner is a near copy of the Hornady model but half the price. I used one of my 20% off coupons and bought it for $45 with tax.

Using Hornady One Shot as per directions has been great for cruddy .32-20 and .223 AI.

Having to reset the damn thing every 7 minutes is irritating but at less than half the cost, I can put up with it.
scorge30
scorge30

Back to top Go down

Post by B W M Sun Nov 18, 2012 11:33 pm

I have the Lyman and it does a grate job. I like it for I can clean 200 rounds in 10min. Do not have all that noise for 3 or 4 hrs. I clean then let set on a bath towel till the next day. That lets them cool down and dried all the way. I always remove the primers before cleaning. I have retard the old tumblers.

B W M

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum