Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Hi Point food?

+5
badjeep02
kcatto
Daywalker
Mohunter
CMAsailor
9 posters

Go down

Hi Point food? Empty Hi Point food?

Post by CMAsailor Wed Jan 05, 2011 1:48 am

Howdy folks.

i know there are a few hipoint owners among us, was curious as to whether or not yall have used any steel cased ammo. seems like it would be a bitchen CHEAP hole in the wall/zombie combo... hipoint carbine/ mags galore and spam can

this isn't a thread for badmouthing a gun brand, I'm curious about the food you feed/have fed your Hi-Points, Thanks folks
CMAsailor
CMAsailor

Back to top Go down

Hi Point food? Empty Re: Hi Point food?

Post by Mohunter Wed Jan 05, 2011 8:49 am

Don't know about the steel cased rounds, but I tested my .452 cast in my brother's High Point and never had a mishap of any kind. It's actually a better pistol than I thought it would be? Kinda big and clumbsy, but it shot decent.
I used the 200gr. Hex Hp's, 200gr. Reg. Hp's, and 210gr. Solids over top of about 8.5gr. of Blue Dot and Lithabee lube. Didn't get any leading at all with the Lithabee, but I did get some with the "Red lube"
Mohunter
Mohunter
Store Front Owner
Store Front Owner

Back to top Go down

Post by Daywalker Wed Jan 05, 2011 9:11 am

Ah yes, the hi point 45. Thats what my wife has, never a hiccup either. I have nicknamed it the Bobble Head of all Handguns....
Daywalker
Daywalker
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by kcatto Wed Jan 05, 2011 11:21 am

yup I had two hi-point pistols.... i wanted to bad mouth them sooooo bad but those two pistols chewed up everything I ever threw at them and asked for seconds..... We shot evrything you can imagine threw them too....

darn good guns.... just not gonna win any beauty contests....
kcatto
kcatto

Back to top Go down

Post by badjeep02 Wed Jan 05, 2011 1:53 pm

People who dog Hi Points have never been pistol-whipped by one. I’ve owned a few and shot others without much of a problem. New guns jam often for the first 200 rounds and not so often after that. My 40sw carbine with a cheap’o red dot is a blast to shoot and spits lead quite accurately. They're not guns to bet your life on but they are better than a knife or a stick. They shoot fine, just clean them often.
badjeep02
badjeep02

Back to top Go down

Post by Pathfinder Wed Jan 05, 2011 5:28 pm

I like my Hi-Point. Cheap, accurate, and fun to shoot. I posted a video in the YouTube section of a reactionary target that I made. In the video we are shooting the 9mm and 40S&W Hi-Point carbines. We were shooting cast lead bullets.
Pathfinder
Pathfinder

Back to top Go down

Post by CMAsailor Thu Jan 13, 2011 9:23 pm

Really? someone gave a neg vote for my thread post? LOL!!!

I'll go find the vid and watch pathfinder,

too bad we don't know about the commsblock ammo yet, give it enough time and I'll have one to test it out if yall don't first
CMAsailor
CMAsailor

Back to top Go down

Post by Daywalker Fri Jan 14, 2011 10:18 am

I would personally hope that whoever gave a negative to this post did so by accident. I am reading the content of the post and for the life of me, can not figure out why anyone would vote negative to another member asking for help on a subject which is why we are here.

There are reasons for the vote system. Had this been a question about making illegal ammunition or ammunition that can be harmful to manufacture which would require an unsafe action, then I could see a negative...

CMAsailor, I appologize for this.
Daywalker
Daywalker
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Mohunter Fri Jan 14, 2011 11:00 am

It seems that some people just try to go out of their way to disrupt the harmony of a group of guys who only want to share thier thoughts with each other about a sport that we all enjoy.
Whoever would do such a thing should be ashamed of themselves and go find somewhere else to hang out.
We are all friends and comrades who share a common bond, we should encourage each other like brothers and sisters would do.
Mohunter
Mohunter
Store Front Owner
Store Front Owner

Back to top Go down

Post by Pathfinder Fri Jan 14, 2011 11:08 am

Mohunter wrote:It seems that some people just try to go out of their way to disrupt the harmony of a group of guys who only want to share thier thoughts with each other about a sport that we all enjoy.
Whoever would do such a thing should be ashamed of themselves and go find somewhere else to hang out.
We are all friends and comrades who share a common bond, we should encourage each other like brothers and sisters would do.
I totally agree MO.
Pathfinder
Pathfinder

Back to top Go down

Post by Reload3006 Fri Jan 14, 2011 11:10 am

I for one am glad you brought the topic up. I didn't know that Hi point made a carbine. Now i have another toy that I would like to buy. I certainly don't see anything inflammatory in this thread that would warrant a negative. Though Tommy nor I did anything I too apologize for such rude behavior by some unknown.... Dan
Reload3006
Reload3006

Back to top Go down

Post by Mohunter Fri Jan 14, 2011 12:26 pm

It is possible that it was a new member who wasn't sure what those + and - signs are for? It's all been taken care of by Daywalker I believe, so it's all good. We are all buddies here and should treat each other as such.
So I won't go anymore off topic than I already have so this thread can get back to it's original purpose.
Sorry for straying off course with this CMAsailor. Rolling Eyes
Mohunter
Mohunter
Store Front Owner
Store Front Owner

Back to top Go down

Post by Daywalker Fri Jan 14, 2011 1:05 pm

Yea working on something. Hopefully CMAsailor, like Mohunter said, maybe a new member that did not read the sticky and wanted to see if the - button maybe shortened or closed something while the + would expand it back? Just guessing here..

Oh well, no harm at this point.. Time to move on...
Daywalker
Daywalker
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by dartfreak75 Fri Jan 14, 2011 2:26 pm

lol back on the topic i have never shoot hi points personal but i know alot of people that have them and love them my step father in law has one in a 380 and swears its the most accurate pistol he has ever shot! iv seen daywalkers i liked them and another buddy has one in a 9mm but the one i want is the carbine in a 40 that would be cool!
dartfreak75
dartfreak75

Back to top Go down

Post by CMAsailor Fri Jan 14, 2011 7:42 pm

i dunno i just figured they thought the ammo was a bad idea chicken
didn't hurt my feelings none Press
CMAsailor
CMAsailor

Back to top Go down

Post by CMAsailor Fri Jan 14, 2011 7:47 pm

but seriously... do i need to buy someone some of this stuff to have them shoot it or what?
CMAsailor
CMAsailor

Back to top Go down

Post by Reload3006 Sun Jan 16, 2011 8:38 am

guess I didnt read the question correctly. I dont own a Hi point but I have used a lot of the steel cased ammo. I have never had a problem with it. Other than its a pain in the A@# to make your self pick up your mess knowing its not easily reload-able. function wise I have never had a problem with it at all. Works great in my Mosin, Sks, and springfield 1911 I haven't shot the .223.
Reload3006
Reload3006

Back to top Go down

Post by badjeep02 Thu Jan 20, 2011 3:01 pm

Looks like Iraqveteran8888 finally blewup his Highpoint 9mm on youtube. It was a great torture test showing just how tuff these guns are. Waste of a good gun though. He asks the viewers to send money in for other gun tests at the end of the vid, funny that.
badjeep02
badjeep02

Back to top Go down

Post by hawcer Thu Jan 20, 2011 3:04 pm

It's funny how a gun made out of zinc and what appears to be recycled milk jugs will take that much abuse....

I had one in 380acp, if it wasn't so darn top heavy, I'd still own it.
hawcer
hawcer
Mod

Back to top Go down

Post by badjeep02 Thu Jan 20, 2011 3:32 pm

I bet you had the super cool pep-sight on it too. lol
badjeep02
badjeep02

Back to top Go down

Post by hawcer Thu Jan 20, 2011 5:55 pm

How'd you guess Smile
hawcer
hawcer
Mod

Back to top Go down

Post by Daywalker Thu Jan 20, 2011 6:04 pm

We have both the 9mm and 45 acp. Love them both. At first it pissed me off what he was doing. No doubt it started out as a way of making fun of the gun and show what crap it is to all those who like it. Then I kinda liked it as it proved everyone wrong. They said that the 9mm case was too small to fill it to any kind of pressure to destroy it.

Still, they like to lable it as top of the junk list, IMO, I believe it is everything but.. I did nickname the 45 bobble head of all handguns LOL. They are bulky and ugly... But looks does not take away from their performance LOL...
Daywalker
Daywalker
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down