Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

My first ingots, bullets, and rounds!!! all in one day!

+5
Pathfinder
dartfreak75
eagle60
Daywalker
BigAgitator
9 posters

Go down

My first ingots, bullets, and rounds!!! all in one day! Empty My first ingots, bullets, and rounds!!! all in one day!

Post by BigAgitator Sun Jan 16, 2011 10:45 pm

My Lee melting pot finally arrived. It's a bottom-pour 20 pounder!

I used my "furnace" to smelt about 30 pounds of wheel weights into about 20 pounds of finished ingots the other day! Pics will follow **

I then put some of these fine ingots into my brand new pot and cast some .430 caliber 310 grain *boolits* And pan-lubed them in an impromptu fashion. Excited about this success, I loaded 50 rounds THAT NIGHT, hand- weighing each charge on a beam scale (20 grains of H110 atop a federal 155 primer). I fired these fine rounds today and they were great!!! I only had time for 1 cylinder but it was enough to tell if they're *okay*

More info + pics will follow!~
BigAgitator
BigAgitator

https://www.youtube.com/user/BigAgitator?feature=mhum

Back to top Go down

My first ingots, bullets, and rounds!!! all in one day! Empty Re: My first ingots, bullets, and rounds!!! all in one day!

Post by Daywalker Sun Jan 16, 2011 10:50 pm

Good deal. Can't wait to see the results!!!
Daywalker
Daywalker
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

My first ingots, bullets, and rounds!!! all in one day! Empty Re: My first ingots, bullets, and rounds!!! all in one day!

Post by eagle60 Sun Jan 16, 2011 11:35 pm

The taste of success - SWEET!
eagle60
eagle60

Back to top Go down

Post by dartfreak75 Sun Jan 16, 2011 11:49 pm

thats awsome youve made in farther than me i havent even ordered my molds yet lol i will soon i may be trading my forty for a 45 so i want to wait to get the right molds! !
dartfreak75
dartfreak75

Back to top Go down

Post by Pathfinder Mon Jan 17, 2011 9:18 am

Sounds great brother. Cant wait to see the pictures. Its a great feeling when your all done and can stack 'em up like bricks of gold. Very Happy
Pathfinder
Pathfinder

Back to top Go down

Post by infantryjohn49 Mon Jan 17, 2011 3:57 pm

I agree , They are like stacks of gold. I look forward to seeing the pictures.Congrats.
infantryjohn49
infantryjohn49

Back to top Go down

Post by brow_tines Mon Jan 17, 2011 4:53 pm

Congrads !!!!
brow_tines
brow_tines

Back to top Go down

Post by nicholst55 Tue Jan 18, 2011 5:51 am

Another addict. Welcome to the family!
nicholst55
nicholst55

Back to top Go down

Post by BigAgitator Sat Jan 22, 2011 10:21 pm

Thanks guys!
I've been working on a tutorial video for one of my pistols and it's kept me from doing a thorough report on my casting experiences!

I'm loving my mould. I've loaded 100 rounds and they go great!
I want to purchase a semi wadcutter in the 240 grain vicinity. The tumble lube one is cool but I might get more of a keith style SWC. Thoughts?

I think the swc with more of a flat nose will yield more options when it comes to making hollow points (?)
BigAgitator
BigAgitator

Back to top Go down

Post by Reload3006 Sat Jan 22, 2011 10:33 pm

I have used and love Keith style 44 bullets I should be getting in the mail any day now a Keith style 44 die to swage and its coming with a Keith nose and hollow pointing punch too.. will send pics
Reload3006
Reload3006

Back to top Go down

Post by BigAgitator Sat Jan 22, 2011 11:48 pm

I can't wait to see pics of that.

These are the two moulds I've been toying with the idea of purchasing

My first ingots, bullets, and rounds!!! all in one day! 656156

My first ingots, bullets, and rounds!!! all in one day! 987910
BigAgitator
BigAgitator

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down