Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

mohunters shotshell loads

5 posters

Go down

mohunters shotshell loads Empty mohunters shotshell loads

Post by dartfreak75 Thu Jan 27, 2011 10:21 pm

hey mo i watched your video on the shotshell pistol loads just want you to know im very impressed its awsome im gonna try it with my 45acp what charge would you recommend with unique for powder also what shot count or weight would you recommend i think it would be cool to do it with a rifle i know you couldnt with a bottle neck case but somethinh like a 44 mag 357 454 500 s&w rifle that would be awsome squirrel buster also id like to do it in a revolver so you wouldnt have to reload after one shot thanks for the idea!!
dartfreak75
dartfreak75

Back to top Go down

mohunters shotshell loads Empty Re: mohunters shotshell loads

Post by Reload3006 Thu Jan 27, 2011 10:30 pm

speer makes plastic shot cups so you can load your own pistol shot shells. I havn't seen mos video where is it at I would like to. But if you are wanting to make a pistol shot shell Speer sells kewl plastic cups for that http://www.speer-bullets.com/products/components/empty_shot_capsules.aspx
Reload3006
Reload3006

Back to top Go down

Post by dartfreak75 Thu Jan 27, 2011 11:19 pm

here is mo's video its really cool and very simple
https://www.youtube.com/user/mohunter68#p/u/25/rBTMWI9tOVc
dartfreak75
dartfreak75

Back to top Go down

Post by Reload3006 Thu Jan 27, 2011 11:31 pm

way to go Mo fantastic.
Reload3006
Reload3006

Back to top Go down

Post by Hughie Fri Jan 28, 2011 5:54 pm

WoW Mo looks pretty simple . good job man are going to put a patent on all this stufff you come up with??
Hughie
Hughie

Back to top Go down

Post by Mohunter Fri Jan 28, 2011 8:48 pm

Wow, don't know how I missed this post?

Thanks guys.
Dart- I would start with 1-3gr. of powder for a 45 cal. sized case then work up from there to get the desired bang your looking for. The way I made these shot loads for my 10mm they don't build up much pressure behind the cardboard wafers. Basically just enough to get the shot moving at BB gun velocites I'm guessing? I haven't chronoed them yet, but I do know that they are a hell of alot more effective than 22 birdshot......all that stuff would do is piss a snake off real good.

I didn't weigh the shot charge, I just used one of my small dippers from my Lee powder measure dipper kit. I want to say it's the .3cc dipper? Can't remember, but you can put as much in there as you want as long as you have room to add the next cardboard wafer and get it packed down a little bit so the shot doesn't fall out. I used 7 1/2 shot for those snake loads.

You will know when you get too much powder in there because you will find lots of un-burnt powder on your hands, arms, and in the barrel when you fire it. That's when you need to back it off a little bit till it burns it all up when fired, otherwise your just wasting powder.

Hope that helps.
Mohunter
Mohunter
Store Front Owner
Store Front Owner

Back to top Go down

Post by Mohunter Fri Jan 28, 2011 8:50 pm

Hughie wrote:WoW Mo looks pretty simple . good job man are going to put a patent on all this stufff you come up with??
Boy I wish I could!
It would be nice if one or two of my ideas started paying me back. Wink
Mohunter
Mohunter
Store Front Owner
Store Front Owner

Back to top Go down

Post by dartfreak75 Fri Jan 28, 2011 9:26 pm

45s are pretty short probably want hold alot of shot but it will still be cool to try!
dartfreak75
dartfreak75

Back to top Go down

Post by Reload3006 Fri Jan 28, 2011 11:58 pm

Speer has made shot cups to load snake shot for years but they are expensive and i dont know how effective. I haven't used them but Mos way looks as good and lots cheaper!!!!!!!!
Reload3006
Reload3006

Back to top Go down

Post by dartfreak75 Sat Jan 29, 2011 12:04 am

yea with them cups i dont know how well the shot would spread seems like it would stay in the cup intill contact then it would break threw the plastic not sure though i know i had some of them 22 snake shots and they where useless like mo said it would just piss them off but them that mo had looked pretty wicked im bout willing to bet if you could get close enough it would take out a squirrel id like to try it with some #4s or #5s that would be cool! also i wounder if you could do it like the triple treats and put 2 or 3 buck shots in there that would be a good self defence round minus the reloading part lol
dartfreak75
dartfreak75

Back to top Go down

Post by wiederladertv Sat Jan 29, 2011 8:47 am

Pretty coll ammo. Thanks for this great video.
wiederladertv
wiederladertv

http://www.wiederlader.tv

Back to top Go down

Post by Mohunter Sat Jan 29, 2011 10:20 pm

Cheap is the KEY Word! I can make these all day long for little to nothing. I've got half a bag of 7 1/2 shot and an entire bag of #5 shot, plus a whole jug of Power Pistol and Blue Dot. Only reason I went with Power Pistol was because I don't use it as much as the Blue Dot so I figured why not use some of that? One little .5 cc dipper full of shot and on tiny little .3 cc dipper of powder probably cost about 3 cents, maybe a nickle? Cardboard cost nothing and the polyfil is all over the place down here cause my mom and grandma make quilts. They throw the end cuts away that aren't big enough to an entire sized quilt, so I can get all of that I want.
The biggest expense is the primer, and I'm wondering if a rifle or magnum rifle primer would be hotter and work just as well as a large pistol primer?
Mohunter
Mohunter
Store Front Owner
Store Front Owner

Back to top Go down

Post by Reload3006 Sat Jan 29, 2011 10:23 pm

doesn't hurt to try one. Its my understanding "Dont trust me on this" rifle primers just have a thicker cup so that they can take a harder hit from the firing pin. As long as your pistol hits them hard enough they should work. And i dont think you are talking enough pressure to hurt anything any way.
Reload3006
Reload3006

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down