Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

New Offerings soon from Lee!!!

+14
wallenba
RemMan700
hawcer
XbonesX
badjeep02
tripples
eagle60
Mohunter
dartfreak75
Reload3006
CMAsailor
fletch_medic
RichBirdHunter
Daywalker
18 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

New Offerings soon from Lee!!! Empty New Offerings soon from Lee!!!

Post by Daywalker Thu Feb 03, 2011 2:33 pm

All I can say is wow... Came across this while searching some stuff on youtube. There are items demostrated here that I know for a fact, I will be waiting in line to get my hands on...

Daywalker
Daywalker
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

New Offerings soon from Lee!!! Empty Re: New Offerings soon from Lee!!!

Post by RichBirdHunter Thu Feb 03, 2011 2:59 pm

Pretty neat,I have never used lee products before
RichBirdHunter
RichBirdHunter

Back to top Go down

Post by fletch_medic Thu Feb 03, 2011 3:32 pm

The quick change press bases are already for sale. So is the quick change bushing for the challenger press and dies. I have never seen that trimmer/chamfer tool. I need one of those. Wonder if they make them for handgun rounds. Never seen that bullet puller either.
fletch_medic
fletch_medic

Back to top Go down

Post by CMAsailor Thu Feb 03, 2011 5:00 pm

Shocked bounce What a Face chicken taz ATG
Me Want! Me Want!
CMAsailor
CMAsailor

Back to top Go down

Post by Reload3006 Thu Feb 03, 2011 8:44 pm

i want that case trimmer gonna get me one a those if i can find one
Reload3006
Reload3006

Back to top Go down

Post by dartfreak75 Thu Feb 03, 2011 9:55 pm

thats cool i like the trimer hope that press has steel toggle links grrrr
dartfreak75
dartfreak75

Back to top Go down

Post by Mohunter Thu Feb 03, 2011 10:24 pm

Oh Hell Yeah!
I'm getting the bullet puller and the trimmer for dang sure!
That bullet puller is slick man, I'd really like to see how it does that. Cool
Mohunter
Mohunter
Store Front Owner
Store Front Owner

Back to top Go down

Post by fletch_medic Thu Feb 03, 2011 10:28 pm

Mohunter wrote:Oh Hell Yeah!
I'm getting the bullet puller and the trimmer for dang sure!
That bullet puller is slick man, I'd really like to see how it does that. Cool

It kind of looks like you wouldn't be able to get all the bullets out. Like one stays in it and the next one pushes it out.
fletch_medic
fletch_medic

Back to top Go down

Post by eagle60 Thu Feb 03, 2011 10:59 pm

Slick looking toys! I have to wonder where all that trimmed off brass ends up?
eagle60
eagle60

Back to top Go down

Post by tripples Fri Feb 04, 2011 12:44 am

I defenitly like the bullet puller, It would be interesting to see how it works without any damage to the bullets. I still like the Lee case trimmers with the lock stud, its nice that I can trim while watching TV, on the hopper, or even at work on them slow days. Usualy by the time I kill both batteries on my bit driver my fingers are ready for a break anyway.
Tripples

tripples

Back to top Go down

Post by CMAsailor Fri Feb 04, 2011 3:40 am

the puller looks like it's just a collet sized a couple thou under bullet dia... seems like someone should've thought of it sooner, kudos to Lee

the trimmer has me intrigued for sure. and for some stuff, not all, the FC/seater die iis going to be purchased for sure
CMAsailor
CMAsailor

Back to top Go down

Post by badjeep02 Fri Feb 04, 2011 1:49 pm

Sorry, but I don’t think it’s really that impressive. The case trimmer would get filings everywhere because it’s mounted vertically and there’s already dies like that on market. I like Lee but half of the stuff just seems jerry-rigged.
badjeep02
badjeep02

Back to top Go down

Post by XbonesX Fri Feb 04, 2011 2:26 pm

badjeep02 wrote:Sorry, but I don’t think it’s really that impressive. The case trimmer would get filings everywhere because it’s mounted vertically and there’s already dies like that on market. I like Lee but half of the stuff just seems jerry-rigged.

I'm glad someone else said it, I'm already known to be a Lee hater I didn't want to say anything.
XbonesX
XbonesX
Mod

Back to top Go down

Post by hawcer Fri Feb 04, 2011 3:03 pm

Didn't your momma ever tell you "If you can't say anything nice,don't say anything at all" ? Smile

Lee makes some great stuff...and some not so great stuff. ...But it is all affordable and will at least get you started on the path to righteousness. Cool
hawcer
hawcer
Mod

Back to top Go down

Post by badjeep02 Fri Feb 04, 2011 3:39 pm

I know what you mean, but there’s nothing righteous about powder-through expanding dies. They’re evil. EVIL! asthano
badjeep02
badjeep02

Back to top Go down

Post by fletch_medic Fri Feb 04, 2011 3:41 pm

badjeep02 wrote:Sorry, but I don’t think it’s really that impressive. The case trimmer would get filings everywhere because it’s mounted vertically and there’s already dies like that on market. I like Lee but half of the stuff just seems jerry-rigged.

There may be dies like that already out there, but I bet they cost 5 to 6 times the amount of the Lee ones.
fletch_medic
fletch_medic

Back to top Go down

Post by RemMan700 Fri Feb 04, 2011 4:22 pm

Who else makes a die like that?? I know Dillion has one that is motorized and I think has a vaccum system.
RemMan700
RemMan700
Mod

Back to top Go down

Post by Daywalker Fri Feb 04, 2011 5:03 pm

I am sure the filings will fall back into the case and then you empty it.

Why even knock a product that has not been released and used by everyday Handloaders??

Daywalker
Daywalker
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Reload3006 Sat Feb 05, 2011 7:53 am

XbonesX wrote:

I'm glad someone else said it, I'm already known to be a Lee hater I didn't want to say anything.
honestly this case trimmer is the only thing that lee puts out that I am interested in.I know they sell low cost products. And I know that to be competitive and to keep the costs low they have to cut corners. But then I ask when you are comparing apples to apples what is really cheaper. a RCBS rock chucker supream is around $150 a hornady lock n load is around $140 The lyman Orange crusher is around $130 and the Lee Is around $100. I am all about saving money but when you are breaking your press more than once what is cheaper? I know lots of people who wouldn't even think of buying a buffalo tool because its cheap crap so they pay a few extra dollars for SK Craftsman Snapon etc. Why then are folks so cheap when it comes to their reloading gear and then whine because it doesn't last? Lyman Hornady and RCBs give you a lifetime warrenty Lee is only 2 years I wonder why. another thing that I totally hate about Lee is that their presses dont cam over in fact they are designed to prevent it. They intentionally designed their presses to not be consistent? then someone out there to remedy the design flaw comes out with a torque handle to Fix that problem and get 80 dollars for that so now that Lee press to do the same job as a Rock Crusher is now 180 dollars so what was cheaper? JMO
Reload3006
Reload3006

Back to top Go down

Post by fletch_medic Sat Feb 05, 2011 12:48 pm

Have you dealt with Lee when you had something break? I have. I called them and said what I had and that it broke. They didn't ask for proof of purchase or anything. The only thing she said was, "what is your address so we can ship you out a new one?" Yeah, $50 more for a press may not seem like much to some, but for me growing up in a poor family and now being in the military where I make.... wait for it..... $22,000 a year, $50 is a significant amount of money. I could get a press AND dies, or a press AND bullets, etc... I paid $135 for my turret press, a set of dies, a powder measure/dispenser, a scale, a primer pocket tool, and a chamfer tool. Yeah, the other presses are REALLY nice. I have personally used xbonesx's RCBS and I have to say, it was a lot "nicer" than my Lee. BUT, I didn't spend a lot of money, I produce my own ammunition that is a much higher quality than any I have ever shot before, and I was able to get into a great hobby that has allowed me to develop both on and off the range.

So yes, there are a few things that Lee could do better, or offer that they don't, but they do offer a decent setup, at a decent price. I would venture to say that those of us who use Lee products are only looking for that. Something that will make ammunition, and not make us poor or make us have to save up for a while in order to get everything. If I were Brian Enos or someone who is a professional shooter and makes a ton of money at it, then I would get the top of the line of everything. Just like if I were a mechanic, and my tools were my source of income, I would used Snap-on, but since I am just a shadetree mechanic, my tools from Harbor Freight will perform the tasks that I ask of them.
fletch_medic
fletch_medic

Back to top Go down

Post by Daywalker Sat Feb 05, 2011 3:22 pm

This thread was not started to be bashing brands. As a matter of fact, it is in the Rules and Regs that brand bashing is not allowed.

This thread was started to show those that are intrested in Lee products, what they can look forward to. If you are not interested in Lee products, move on to a different thread that suits your needs.

Just a friendly Reminder..... In case anyone is inclined to start Bashing Products..
Daywalker
Daywalker
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Mohunter Sat Feb 05, 2011 4:48 pm

Daywalker wrote:This thread was not started to be bashing brands. As a matter of fact, it is in the Rules and Regs that brand bashing is not allowed.

This thread was started to show those that are intrested in Lee products, what they can look forward to. If you are not interested in Lee products, move on to a different thread that suits your needs.

Just a friendly Reminder..... In case anyone is inclined to start Bashing Products..
I personally like Lee products and like Fletch already stated, their customer service is second to none for the couple times I have had to use it. They did exactly like Fletch stated, no proof of purchase, no reciept, nor even a mention of any info.........just give me your address and we will send you a new one.
Fletch- My income is way, way less than yours so I guess we are both in the same boat? But guess what? I'll put my handloads up against anybody else's any day of the week, anywhere, any caliber. Cool

I can see this thread getting shut down, and why is it that everytime Lee products are mentioned, the same individual(s) start trashing and bad mouthing the stuff that they know alot of us like and use. Rolling Eyes

Lastly.......$12 bucks for a Lee Powder measure versus $64 bucks for an RCBS Uniflow and my Lee works flawlessly........I'll take that price cut anyday! Wink
Mohunter
Mohunter
Store Front Owner
Store Front Owner

Back to top Go down

Post by Reload3006 Sat Feb 05, 2011 6:47 pm

First of all I wasn't bashing Lee products. I have a right not to like them and I dont. If they work good for you great. And by the way I bought my RCBS when i was an E3 in the navy in 1978 I know i wasn't making near what you are but all things being relative im sure it was close. Guess what that's way over 30 years and I am still using that same press not one problem with it ever.
That case trimmer looks to me like it could be the berries. I intend to try it out. I also have the lee powder dippers they are the only ones that offer them and they are a fantastic tool.
I dont like their presses because they don't cam over for me that is an issue because it prevents you from doing things the same way every time. Accurate reloading is consistency doing every thing the same way every time. Lee presses make you do things by feel and a persons feel is not consistent. Sorry That's not bashing Lee that's stating facts. I also think Lee dies are as good as anyone's I have several sets of Lee dies. My 7.62x54R dies are Lee i also have a set of 40s&W and .270 win dies from Lee all good tools. I in addition have a 6mm rem , .243 and 3006 lee loaders Still have them and if you really want to load on a budget those were the tools. I just dont like their presses for the reasons stated. I dont like everything RCBS puts out either. I have thought about getting an RCBS case prep center for years because of arthritis in my hands. but that is a hundred and fourteen dollars I just haven't been able to justify one for myself. thought i know it would make my case prep a lot easier. I dont know what Lee will be asking for the trim die but if it will trim chamfer and deburr all in one operation its got to be lots less than $114 i am definitely going to give it a chance.
And thank you for your service to our country I do appreciate it and I do honor it.
Reload3006
Reload3006

Back to top Go down

Post by badjeep02 Sat Feb 05, 2011 11:44 pm

My bad guys, sorry about that. silent
badjeep02
badjeep02

Back to top Go down

Post by tripples Sun Feb 06, 2011 12:21 am

reload3006, not to jack the thread. You will not be disapointed if you were to spend the 114.00 on the case prep center. I was leary when I bought mine and thought it wouldnt get alot of use. Believe me when I tell you it has preped thousands and thousands of peices of brass in .223, 3030, 308, 3006, 7mm mag, 8mm mauser, 444, 44 mag, 38 spl, 357 mag, 45ACP. With that all said I will tell you that the RCBS accesories for it are rather pricy. BUT the Newer Lyman tools with the Orange handles will fit If my memory serves me correct they are 8X32 TPI, it is all I will buy from now on. If it would have been out at the time I would have bought the kit with primer pocket cutters for large Rifle, large Pistol (there different), and small primer, VLD chamfer tools. Here is the kit: [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Here also is a nice addition to the prep center from Lyman: [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
I bought mine from Cabela's in the bargin cave and saved a little money on it but it was not much over reg. price and it was all there.
Tripples

tripples

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum