Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

New Offerings soon from Lee!!!

+14
wallenba
RemMan700
hawcer
XbonesX
badjeep02
tripples
eagle60
Mohunter
dartfreak75
Reload3006
CMAsailor
fletch_medic
RichBirdHunter
Daywalker
18 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

New Offerings soon from Lee!!! - Page 2 Empty Re: New Offerings soon from Lee!!!

Post by Daywalker Sun Feb 06, 2011 1:02 am

I did not say anyone was bashing anything. I stated that before it got to it. Trying to cut it off at the curve.

I would personally send anyone here an email if I felt they were doing anything wrong and speak to them there.

I have owned a Lee Press for a little under 2 years. I have not had one single problem with it and it has loaded my rounds constantly. It loads just as equal to my RCBS RS3 press that I have. The exact same amount of runout and the exact same seating depth and the powder charge is done by a powder measure and a beam scale.

No one can tell me that my rounds are not consistant because I did not spend the money in their eyes on a press because they do not like the name the press is built under period.

Yes it is the individual's right to choose what brand they won't, no it is not their right to judge or talk down another individual for their choice. And before anyone jumps to more conclusions, I AM NOT SAYING ANYONE HAS DONE THAT EITHER!!!

Again, if no one has received an email from myself or a mod, then don't assume you are the person being typed about.
Daywalker
Daywalker
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

New Offerings soon from Lee!!! - Page 2 Empty Re: New Offerings soon from Lee!!!

Post by wallenba Thu Mar 31, 2011 12:24 am

Gotta have that bullet puller...NOW!
wallenba
wallenba

Back to top Go down

Post by Daywalker Thu Mar 31, 2011 12:32 am

I emailed Lee about the products. John Lee emailed me back and told me right now they are so far behind on filling orders from people, that it would not be fair for him to give me a due date. He said if he had to guess when they are available, it would be close to the end of the year.

Daywalker
Daywalker
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by scorge30 Sat Apr 09, 2011 12:57 am

badjeep02 wrote:I know what you mean, but there’s nothing righteous about powder-through expanding dies. They’re evil. EVIL! asthano

Umm, why?

I have used several powder-through expanding dies for my pistol loads with an old auto disk powder measure with no issues for a few years now with no issues.

I just caught this thread - I am catching up on some topics on the weekends when school is out. Kinda busy during the day and week.

In the Armory several of us that reloaded chipped in and bought the Dillon powered trimmer in 5.56 and 7.62 NATO. We hooked an old wet-dry shop vac to it. Other than being expensive, large (counting the shop vac) and noisy as hell (shop vac) it was a great tool that saw thousands of military cases.

Despite the noise and cost of the Dillon trimmer, if I was going to be dealing with thousands of mil surp brass again I would buy the Dillon tool again without thought. I would have to move it outside, because of the noise, my wife does not like the constant droning of the shop vac.

I have quite a few Lee products, as well as RCBS and Redding. Only complaint (other than noise) against the Dillon trimmer is that it is offered in very select calibers. I load a lot of wildcats particularly the Herrett variety and have to trim a lot of once-fired .30-30 cases.

I would love a powered case trimmer that would allow me to trim expanded to .358 .30-30 case to .357 Herrett OAL. If Dillon made one that trimmed .30-30 to the correct length for .357 Herrett I would buy one in a minute.

The bullet puller looked interesting to me, as I strip a lot of old rusty ex-commie 7.62x54 for the components. I toss the powder in the wife's garden, and toss the cases in the recycling bin, and shoot the bullets later.
scorge30
scorge30

Back to top Go down

Post by wallenba Sat Apr 09, 2011 1:22 pm

scorge30 wrote:
badjeep02 wrote:I know what you mean, but there’s nothing righteous about powder-through expanding dies. They’re evil. EVIL! asthano

The bullet puller looked interesting to me, as I strip a lot of old rusty ex-commie 7.62x54 for the components. I toss the powder in the wife's garden, and toss the cases in the recycling bin, and shoot the bullets later.

I do the same for some of my obscure cartridges. I don't like to beat myself up shooting 8x56r in my Steyr, or any of my milsurps. I shoot cast bullets in them at reduced loads, and sometimes it is actually cheaper to buy loaded ammo than the higher priced brass like Norma or Lapua which may be the only suppliers of some unloaded brass. So...I pull and dump in the yard like you, the 7.62x54r bullet can actually be resized in a Lee .308 die too. I would not recommend trying that with steel core bullets though. And the cases are already primed!
wallenba
wallenba

Back to top Go down

Post by scorge30 Sat Apr 09, 2011 1:52 pm

wallenba wrote:I do the same for some of my obscure cartridges. I don't like to beat myself up shooting 8x56r in my Steyr, or any of my milsurps. I shoot cast bullets in them at reduced loads, and sometimes it is actually cheaper to buy loaded ammo than the higher priced brass like Norma or Lapua which may be the only suppliers of some unloaded brass. So...I pull and dump in the yard like you, the 7.62x54r bullet can actually be resized in a Lee .308 die too. I would not recommend trying that with steel core bullets though. And the cases are already primed!

I actually buy quite a few cheap 8mm bullets to shoot in my .308 rifles, but mostly when I tear apart the rusty steel cased 7.72x54R it is to reload the bullets in my brass 7.62x54R. However the cheap supply of 8mm bullets to use for plinkers in .308 has about dried up.

I still find large case sales of rusty ex-commie 7.62x54R for around 10 cents a piece at the gun shows around here. I grab them when I can to tear apart and a good quick bullet puller would be a nice thing to have. I use a RCBS collet-style puller and it works quite well but it is a tad slow and some of the steel cased ammo is pretty tough to tear apart.

I have several of the Lee sizing dies and am waiting for a pair of TiN coated bullet sizing dies from CH4D. Every now & then haunting GB or the local gun shows I find someone who is selling cheap 9.3mm bullets. Sometimes loaded ammo but mostly just the bullets.

I cram these 9.3 bullets through a Lee .359 sizing die for loading in my various .357 guns like my .357 Herrett and .357 Rem Max. I am hoping the TiN coated CH4D sizing dies will be much more easier to cram these bullets through even with a liberal coating of ATG swaging lube.

You can resize steel-core bullets but there tends to be more "spring back" in a very inaccurate and unpredictable way. We tried resizing some steel core 9.3x74R pulled bullets to .359 and they jumped all over the place. Even running through a .356 sizing die, they still jumped all over from .361 to .357.
scorge30
scorge30

Back to top Go down

Post by M./Karb. Tue Apr 24, 2012 6:18 pm

I am really liking that new case trimmer and bullet seating with automatic crimper.And I also think the new bullet puller is pretty slick.

M./Karb.

Back to top Go down

Post by EdgarEg Wed Jul 11, 2012 10:59 pm

It has been five months. Did any of them make it to market?
EdgarEg
EdgarEg

Back to top Go down

Post by Daywalker Thu Jul 12, 2012 8:07 am

Actually, it,s been over a year. I have not seen anything yet. I believe I will email them again and get an update...
Daywalker
Daywalker
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by nicholst55 Sun Aug 05, 2012 10:19 pm

Holy thread resurrection, Batman! So, where's all this new stuff at? I haven't seen or heard of any of it being offered. Is Lee selling tools made from vaporware now?
nicholst55
nicholst55

Back to top Go down

Post by Daywalker Tue Aug 07, 2012 10:56 am

Big tease indeed. Gets a person all worked up and then leave em hanging....
Daywalker
Daywalker
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by EdgarEg Tue Nov 05, 2013 11:44 pm

Daywalker wrote:Actually, it,s been over a year. I have not seen anything yet. I believe I will email them again and get an update...
Anything?
EdgarEg
EdgarEg

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum