Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Ebay

+7
RichBirdHunter
dartfreak75
billarrington
Daywalker
XbonesX
hawcer
Reload3006
11 posters

Go down

Ebay Empty Ebay

Post by Reload3006 Fri Feb 11, 2011 11:08 am

I dont get people i was looking at some rolls of lead wire most were almost complete rolls some weren't You can go to www. RCECO.com and order 25 LB spools of lead wire for 78.00 pluss shipping. so i figuerd i would bid on some of this wire. who knows maybe get a good deal. for a 23lb spool of .187 wire that you would make .224 bullets with. went for 94.00 You got to be kidding me. I can get more for less just buying new. Shaking head.
Reload3006
Reload3006

Back to top Go down

Ebay Empty Re: Ebay

Post by hawcer Fri Feb 11, 2011 11:20 am

ebay is a bunch of crap anymore....you pay too much and then get ripped on shipping too. Not to mention all the dang add-ware.

The Chinese are also allowed to get away with murder as far as copyrights go.

is sure isn't what it was when I first signed on in the late 90's
hawcer
hawcer
Mod

Back to top Go down

Post by XbonesX Fri Feb 11, 2011 12:42 pm

I quit using Ebay about 10 years when I found out they were anti-gun.

Most of the time the prices get jacked up because it is foreigners that are willing to pay over retail to actually get it. For example a Lubrisizer is about $115, well MrMat said its about $300 USD down in Australia. And thats not currency exchange since its about 1 to 1 right now.
XbonesX
XbonesX
Mod

Back to top Go down

Post by Daywalker Fri Feb 11, 2011 5:42 pm

Ebay has gone away from when it was an actual savings. Back in the day, when you bid on something, you was getting a deal. Now you have this buy it now, make an offer and you can still bid but they start the bid out close to retail.

I still go there and every once in a while I luck up and do get a deal. My wife uses ebay all the time to get her school books for college. She does save a crap load of money going that route.

If I don't like what I see, I move on. But, I do find good deals. XbonesX and I got really good deals on our Ultrasonic cleaners that were picked up on ebay....

I have also sold stuff on ebay and gotten done by right.
Daywalker
Daywalker
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by billarrington Fri Feb 11, 2011 6:31 pm

its plum crazy.... im glad bones explained why stuff goes for more than u can buy it for !! thats had me confused for years... i just thought it was people getting excited and obidding on stuff......bill

billarrington

Back to top Go down

Post by dartfreak75 Sat Feb 12, 2011 9:24 am

yea i agree everyone has caught on to ebay theres hardly any good deals anymore used to be a big yardsale with cheap stuff that noone wants anymore now they take there cheap junk they dont want anymore and try selling it for more than it is new i hardly every buy from ebay anymore every now and again you might find a decent deal! but rarely
dartfreak75
dartfreak75

Back to top Go down

Post by RichBirdHunter Sat Feb 12, 2011 9:41 am

I give eBay the same chance as anybody else, sometimes they win sometimes they lose.
RichBirdHunter
RichBirdHunter

Back to top Go down

Post by CMAsailor Sat Feb 12, 2011 1:19 pm

XbonesX wrote:I quit using Ebay about 10 years when I found out they were anti-gun.

Me too
CMAsailor
CMAsailor

Back to top Go down

Post by dartfreak75 Sat Feb 12, 2011 6:20 pm

i didnt know that i was wondering why it was so hard to find gun parts and reloading stuff on there! lol
dartfreak75
dartfreak75

Back to top Go down

Post by RemMan700 Wed Feb 23, 2011 12:44 pm

I recently got $100 arrows for $73 shipped to my house.
RemMan700
RemMan700
Mod

Back to top Go down

Post by dartfreak75 Wed Feb 23, 2011 7:42 pm

thats a good deal
dartfreak75
dartfreak75

Back to top Go down

Post by brow_tines Thu Feb 24, 2011 10:25 am

One thing that happened to Ebay was when Google bought them out, that's when all the gun stuff was band.
brow_tines
brow_tines

Back to top Go down

Post by hawcer Thu Feb 24, 2011 10:44 am

brow_tines wrote:One thing that happened to Ebay was when Google bought them out, that's when all the gun stuff was band.

So....is this going to happen on youtube also?

Ebay used to be great, I have bought plenty of gun parts on there back in the day. You used to be able to buy everything except the serialized receiver or frame.
hawcer
hawcer
Mod

Back to top Go down

Post by RichBirdHunter Thu Feb 24, 2011 11:10 am

So what happens if you list gun stuff on eBay? Does Meg Wittmen come to your house and spank your pee pee with a ruler?
RichBirdHunter
RichBirdHunter

Back to top Go down

Post by RemMan700 Thu Feb 24, 2011 11:15 am

I think to list gun stuff you need to be inventive. Craigslist says you cannot sell firearms on their site but I have sold like 3-4 guns on there. You just have to be a little cryptic in the listing so non-gun people dont know what it is you are trying to sell. Yeah I had postings get flagged every once in a while. It did however keep my postings fresh and always at the top. Very Happy
RemMan700
RemMan700
Mod

Back to top Go down

Post by RemMan700 Thu Feb 24, 2011 11:20 am

RichBirdHunter wrote:So what happens if you list gun stuff on eBay? Does Meg Wittmen come to your house and spank your pee pee with a ruler?

LOL... She better bring the yard stick. LOLOLOL Twisted Evil
RemMan700
RemMan700
Mod

Back to top Go down

Post by Daywalker Thu Feb 24, 2011 11:36 am

As most of you know, you can still get stuff for your firearms. They have not banned stuff for reloading, casting or anything like that. You can get stocks and things. I have looked up many of times different stocks for my Enfield.

No you can not buy or sell firearms on there, however, there are forums out there, dedicated to reloading and firearms, that will not allow the sale of firearms in their Swap N Shop sections. Most of us here knows which I am talking about. They will let you link to an auction off site that you can go and bid on if you like. That is one thing that I won't disallow here on ATG, as long as you do it legal, and it is up to you all to do the right thing, You can advertise firearms for sale.

So, I know I am going to catch flack for this, but, not being able to buy firearms on ebay, and not being able to list firearms for sale on a forum, to me goes hand in hand is kinda the same thing, yet the forum does not catch flack about it... Just my 2 cents and no I am not taking up for Ebay. I have my days with them as everyone else does. But I am going to be careful calling someone out for being anti gun when they do let you sell things like reloading equipment and such, yet carries the same policy that a gun friendly forum about not allowing you to sell or buy firearms....

Thats all I am saying...
Daywalker
Daywalker
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by brow_tines Thu Feb 24, 2011 11:44 am

I wasnt talking about selling guns on ebay, I was talking about how a person use to be able to buy brass, bullets and alot more stuff on ebay that u cant now
brow_tines
brow_tines

Back to top Go down

Post by RichBirdHunter Thu Feb 24, 2011 11:48 am

[quote="brow_tines"]I wasnt talking about selling guns on ebay, I was talking about how a person use to be able to buy brass, bullets and alot more stuff on ebay that u cant now[/quot

So what happens if you list brass ?
RichBirdHunter
RichBirdHunter

Back to top Go down

Post by Daywalker Thu Feb 24, 2011 11:52 am

brow_tines wrote:I wasnt talking about selling guns on ebay, I was talking about how a person use to be able to buy brass, bullets and alot more stuff on ebay that u cant now

No, I know what you were saying. That was not directed towards you or anyone in paticular. That is just how I see things. Everyone has their own way of making themselves feel better about certain topics of discussions and I wanted to add my own view about it...
Daywalker
Daywalker
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Reload3006 Thu Feb 24, 2011 12:22 pm

I reckon i stirred up a hornets nest. Sorry. I was just frustrated abut how stupid maybe that is a bad word too people are when bidding on something. If its on ebay and its a good buy I say buy it. if it isnt dont. if they wont let you list something some one else will. It to me is just another source. I just want to caution everyone not to get caught up in the bidding wars and keep your wits about you so you dont rip your self off. Laughing
Reload3006
Reload3006

Back to top Go down

Post by Daywalker Thu Feb 24, 2011 12:29 pm

Na you did not stir anything up Reload, just a discussion, however, you did put back to perspective of the orignial intent of the post and seems we may have gotten off topic a bit, man it is so easy to do to get off topic... I guess sometimes it is healthy to do so? The topic of Ebay in itself covers thousands of things...

I do agree, it seems people starts bidding on something and then last second get outbidded and then it becomes a competition. That is how my wife, bless her heart for not realizing, spent almost 170.00 bucks on my Original Rock Chucker from Alaska. I was on the road and she thought she got a good deal and was doing me a favor. I would not have personally spent that much on that press. I could have bought a BSSP Press from Blackmon for 20.00 less!!

Can't hardly blame the seller if someone is willing to pay the bucks I guess....
Daywalker
Daywalker
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Daywalker Thu Feb 24, 2011 9:44 pm

Well I was messing around ebay a little while ago. There was an auction for a very good condition MEC 600 JR press 12 gauge. It had 1 min left one bidder at 55.00. For the heck of it, I waited right at the 20 second mark and entered a bid of 60.00. I figured the one bidder prob had it bid up high and that I would not get it. Had to try. Well I was not logged in. Go the password wrong 3 times. Finally got it with 3 seconds left.

Shocked the crap out of me. I won the auction for 56.00.... Now I need to swollow this lump in my throat and go tell the wife what I did. You all might see me back here and then again, maybe not LOL who wants the Admin account just in case??
Daywalker
Daywalker
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by RichBirdHunter Thu Feb 24, 2011 10:23 pm

Daywalker wrote:Well I was messing around ebay a little while ago. There was an auction for a very good condition MEC 600 JR press 12 gauge. It had 1 min left one bidder at 55.00. For the heck of it, I waited right at the 20 second mark and entered a bid of 60.00. I figured the one bidder prob had it bid up high and that I would not get it. Had to try. Well I was not logged in. Go the password wrong 3 times. Finally got it with 3 seconds left.

Shocked the crap out of me. I won the auction for 56.00.... Now I need to swollow this lump in my throat and go tell the wife what I did. You all might see me back here and then again, maybe not LOL who wants the Admin account just in case??

If she kills you I'll buy it off you, you know just to save your life
RichBirdHunter
RichBirdHunter

Back to top Go down

Post by eagle60 Thu Feb 24, 2011 10:57 pm

Sounds like you got a good deal on the MEC. But on the bright side - the weather is warming up some so maybe you won't freeze out there in that ole dog house Smile
eagle60
eagle60

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down