Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Glow Ammo, I could not get it to glow. What did I do wrong?

3 posters

Go down

Glow Ammo, I could not get it to glow. What did I do wrong? Empty Glow Ammo, I could not get it to glow. What did I do wrong?

Post by EdgarEg Sun Mar 06, 2011 12:36 am

Glow Ammo, I could not get it to glow. What did I do wrong?

Summary: I tried Glow Ammo and I did not see it glow. What did I do wrong?

Details of what I did:

1. I ordered it from MidwayUSA. It cost about $50 for 255 dots.

2. I got the 45 Caliber.
Glow Ammo, I could not get it to glow. What did I do wrong? Br5KRMYQsXdNc9hiARZISZflrE04vXFJXXfyjtVHxcVTFGTxWvMt3pKfg0hk6KF_fhbXOl7yDO10-BVLGO9O-cpNIw=s512

3. Here are the recipes I used:
A. 49 rounds of .45 ACP using .7 cc Yellow Lee dipper (about 5.9 grains) of Unique over a 200 grain cast lead semiwadcutter.
B. 5 rounds .45 ACP, using 039 Lee red dipper (about 5.4 grains) of Unique over a 200 grain cast lead semiwadcutter.
C. 14 rounds of .45 ACP, using .5 cc yellow Lee dipper (about 4.2 grains) of Unique over a 200 grain cast lead semiwadcutter.
Could that be the problem, I needed more or a different powder?

4. It comes in 3 sheets, 85 dots on each sheet for a total of 255 dots. I stuck 85 dots to bullets but only loaded 68 (49+14+5) rounds.

5. Out of the 85 dots I put on bullets, two of the dots did not come off the paper cleanly. They had a wisp of paper still stuck to them so I had to scrap it off with my fingernail.
Glow Ammo, I could not get it to glow. What did I do wrong? IXOiboT-PHt2BM1N4paKNrZZphkAnaZwI7O_-NQ1MYNTFx3gnqdM879x5jye3_7O0RUjfDxFYQVwQHmYwQ-NI_6C8Q=s512

6. I just stuck the dot to the base of the bullet. I did not clean the base of bullet first. Maybe this was my problem, I needed to scour the bullet bases?

Glow Ammo, I could not get it to glow. What did I do wrong? RVsITrWdfmGSm1LzMJM7QHarWL2CAjBDZwNHU5XXTHJv3tGJFTpa5mw-gFwYFT3U4yMcC6bCMBLW_69sRdwudjTbrw=s512

7. I went to an outdoor gun range. They close at 7:00 PM. Sunset is about 6:42 PM today, March 5, 2011 in Houston. The last 10 minutes at the range is for getting targets downrange so the last shot I fired was at 6:49 PM. The range does have lights but you could tell it was after sunset. Maybe this was my problem - not dark enough?

8. At the range I tried it at 7 yards and 25 yards and 50 yards. Maybe this is the problem, I need to shoot a longer distance to allow you to see the glow?

9. While shooting I made a point of looking for the glow. I did not keep my eye on the sights. I lined up the sights, then lifted my head so that I could see the path the bullet would take.

10. The gun I used was a Taurus model 455 which is a 5 shot revolver.
Other details:

11. The diameter of the dots is about .430 inches.
Glow Ammo, I could not get it to glow. What did I do wrong? HnW5hHgJIFBWN9hiOSsKMOce4BZd_-YK-_liTwfe4fO8ORNuJQGeBJRNjjtMRZ-GP7rtgZCT9f6xGipy59qfaICfhQ=s512

12. The thickness is the dots is about .032 inches.
Glow Ammo, I could not get it to glow. What did I do wrong? K83pa2w5k3vG10xyez3ZueTdz4jm-VkgQW5VknT_UXEuxXDfnc_Ln-91JMoJAD_gW0UZ6AWowIYQpbvjwZK7hh4WHg=s512

13. I weighed a couple of the bullets before and after sticking on a dot. A dot weighs about 1.3 grains. That is, 201.5 grains with dot minus 200.2 grains without dot equals 1.3 grains as the weight of a dot.
Glow Ammo, I could not get it to glow. What did I do wrong? R1T2kP2LD_3og-3u9Omsmh1o5i1hS8gJ2SsQOstf7q161LEEdZelrWGS7ya6tnRav-jhy_WCiuCnkzQGLkRceh_Edw=s512

14. I timed myself sticking on the dots. I did 10 in a minute so that’s 6 seconds per dot.
Glow Ammo, I could not get it to glow. What did I do wrong? 6KNStErSXJBmxfBUufrCJ9i5MSqv-QdUPXBkmfaFqYb1UXMgn9_RK-Pwo7GvwGc1iry3Y_ACvUagqfkxfUesJXx91A=s512
EdgarEg
EdgarEg

Back to top Go down

Glow Ammo, I could not get it to glow. What did I do wrong? Empty Re: Glow Ammo, I could not get it to glow. What did I do wrong?

Post by fletch_medic Sun Mar 06, 2011 1:40 am

From the videos online that I have seen, they are always shot in very dark conditions. Even when it is very dark they are kind of on the light side, so maybe they are hard to see if there is even the slightest light.
fletch_medic
fletch_medic

Back to top Go down

Glow Ammo, I could not get it to glow. What did I do wrong? Empty Re: Glow Ammo, I could not get it to glow. What did I do wrong?

Post by badjeep02 Mon Mar 07, 2011 1:45 pm

Perhaps they are hard to see from your prospective considering the muzzle flash. That’s my guess anyway.
badjeep02
badjeep02

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down