Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

New to reloading Shot shells where do I start?

3 posters

Go down

New to reloading Shot shells where do I start? Empty New to reloading Shot shells where do I start?

Post by 2005ghostrider Sun Apr 03, 2011 5:30 pm

Hey guys I just bought a bunch of shot shell reloading stuff. The lady I bought it from was clearing out some of her deceased husband's stuff and the price was right so I couldn't pass it up. I should have everything I need for both 20 and 12ga. I have never reloaded shot shells before cause I don't really shoot that many but for what I paid for this stuff I figured why not. I got a Mec 600jr press with 12 and 20ga dies,three charge bars and a universal charge bar, about 600 various wads still in the original bags, 25lb of shot, 1lb of red dot powder unopened, about 500 various empty hulls, and 300 Winchester 209 primers. I also got a rcbs powder trickler, and a rcbs 505 scale that look like they have never been used and are for sale cause I already have them. Is their anything else I need. Where should I start? I have been reading everything I can find and watching video's on youtube. Sorry for the long post. I have a lot to learn about this. Thanks

2005ghostrider

Back to top Go down

New to reloading Shot shells where do I start? Empty Re: New to reloading Shot shells where do I start?

Post by Daywalker Sun Apr 03, 2011 5:41 pm

Can't help you much on the shotshell reloading, I am new to it as well and have not started just yet...

The other items, the 505 scale and powder trickler, you can post those up in the swap n shop. I am sure they will sell.
Daywalker
Daywalker
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

New to reloading Shot shells where do I start? Empty Re: New to reloading Shot shells where do I start?

Post by Reload3006 Sun Apr 03, 2011 8:11 pm

sounds to me like you have every thing you need. Check out the alliant web site. and get a recipe for the shell you want to make. Using Red Dot powder I would recoment Winchester AA or Remington STS both hulls will load the same I use a #32 mec bushing 1 1/8 oz shot Red Dot powder the wad you use will be your choice WW AA the white or Clear plastic one or the remington 1 1/8 oz power piston or you can get the clay buster generic for WW AA clear wad. and just go through the steps I have a couple videos on the utube section on here showing the process. its easy safe and fun enjoy
Reload3006
Reload3006

Back to top Go down

Post by 2005ghostrider Mon Apr 04, 2011 10:00 am

Thanks Reload3006 I have watched your videos already and the process looks easy enough but I have to sort through all the cases and wads I have and see what I got that will work with the load data.

2005ghostrider

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down