Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

glue stick bullets

+5
Blade
Pathfinder
Daywalker
scorge30
dartfreak75
9 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

glue stick bullets - Page 2 Empty Re: glue stick bullets

Post by Blade Mon May 23, 2011 4:43 pm

Wish i had some BB bullets lying around, would have loved to try some of those Twisted Evil
Blade
Blade

Back to top Go down

Post by XbonesX Mon May 23, 2011 4:56 pm

Blade wrote:Wish i had some BB bullets lying around, would have loved to try some of those Twisted Evil

just cut open a shotgun case and use the shot.
XbonesX
XbonesX
Mod

Back to top Go down

Post by scorge30 Mon May 23, 2011 5:45 pm

I am casting some of these glue stick bullets now. Should have some pics on the thread in a few hours.

Wife just got me another glue gun as I broke the previous 2. Like I have to twist her arm to send her to the craft store.

Regrettably the PX does not carry these glue sticks.
scorge30
scorge30

Back to top Go down

Post by BigAgitator Wed May 25, 2011 11:21 pm

Like I said, I got one stuck in the barrel. I assume that my 7.5" barrel will need lube on teh projectiles and/or a dash of powder. I'll just fill the cases and scrape across the rim to round it off, then compress the powder. Unique will do nicely as it is docile.
BigAgitator
BigAgitator

https://www.youtube.com/user/BigAgitator?feature=mhum

Back to top Go down

Post by scorge30 Wed May 25, 2011 11:47 pm

I have actually found that the sharper "smack" of the Bullseye works better for me in the T/C 14" .45 Win Mag barrel shooting .45 ACP cases.

I recently (yesterday) molded up some .44 cal glue stick bullets in my old 310 gr g/c wide meplat hammer mold.

Still have not got around to getting some pics made. Can't find the effing camera at the moment.

I did get some of the glue stick bullets stuck in the mold until my wife came to rescue with a q-tip and some EVOO. That solved the sticking problem now lets see if the bullets smoke too bad, but they sure smell better.

I have not been able to recover too many of these but they work wonders for pest control without making the old bitty next door too mad.

Since having kids my wife will not let me shoot in the house. Pre-kids I used to set my bullet trap at the end of the hallway and shoot a suppressed .22 into it. My wife used to get pissed when she would vacuum a .22 hull up.

So other than shooting the occasional pest on the sly with these glue stick bullets, I cannot really test these in a manner that I could retrieve most of the bullets.

They are quieter than my air rifles by far, and seem to do a far better job at teaching the cats to stay out of the garden. Though they do lack the reach and lethality of a good air rifle.

When I find that damn camera I will get some pics up. I have a few other projects in works too that I need to get pics of for threads as well.
scorge30
scorge30

Back to top Go down

Post by dartfreak75 Mon Jan 02, 2012 1:59 am

i know this is an old thread but iv been playing around with this again i loaded casted up a bunch today! i tried a couple thing one i put a couple different sized ball bearings in the tip of the mold they didnt turn out as well as id hoped i put a larger bearing in the middle they look cool and add a little weight im hoping it will help them hit a little harder and i put some #8 shot in the end of one im gonna load some up tomorrow im gonna make some sort of gas check and put 1 grain of powder behind them and see what they do il fill you in tomorrow night for now here are some pics!
glue stick bullets - Page 2 2iqc2ep
glue stick bullets - Page 2 Jsm7mg
glue stick bullets - Page 2 2q37ls9
dartfreak75
dartfreak75

Back to top Go down

Post by dartfreak75 Mon Jan 02, 2012 2:08 am

also letm me fill you in on a few tips iv learned #1 the big one dont use your favorite go to mold because the glue is a B!%$H to clean off #2 do not try to use the sprue just leave it open if u have to u can easily trim the base of the bullet with a knife after a while u will know when to stop and the based will be perfect! #3 spray a little (very little) Pam or some type of non stick spray on the molds about every 10 casts or so it keeps them from sticking and lubes the bullets real good !
dartfreak75
dartfreak75

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2