Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

25 Per Cent off reloading items at Gander Mountain.

5 posters

Go down

25 Per Cent off reloading items at Gander Mountain. Empty 25 Per Cent off reloading items at Gander Mountain.

Post by EdgarEg Sun Nov 13, 2011 7:56 pm

25 Per Cent off reloading items at Gander Mountain.

There is a Gander Mountain near me. It is this one:
https://secure.gandermountain.com/modperl/storelocator.cgi?r=storeDetails&storeID=402

In the reloading section they have a sign up that says 25 per cent off. I have been in there 5 times since the sign went up. Each time I ask them whether the 25 per cent sale includes powder. Each time I get a different answer. Here are the 5 answers I have received.

1. The 25 per cent off clearance sale includes all smokeless powders.

2. The 25 per cent off clearance sale does not include smokeless powders.

3. The 25 per cent off clearance sale does not include smokeless powders. And the only reloading items that are 25 per cent off are those items whose price ends in 97 cents. Like if the price is $19.97 then you do get 25 per cent off. If the price is $19.99 then you do not get 25 per cent off.

4. The 25 per cent off clearance sale does include smokeless powders if the smokeless powder price ends in 97 cents. And some of the Accurate Arms powders were already 5 dollars off and you get the 5 dollars off and then 25 per cent off also.

5. The 25 per cent off clearance sale does include smokeless powders if the smokeless powder price ends in 97 cents. But with some Accurate Arms you just get the discount mentioned in note number 4 above.

So I bought some powder all the times they said it on sale and I did not buy when they told me it was not on sale.

Anybody else run into anything like this at Gander Mountain?

25 Per Cent off reloading items at Gander Mountain. Aa711

Last edited by EdgarEg on Mon Nov 14, 2011 3:21 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : typo)
EdgarEg
EdgarEg

Back to top Go down

25 Per Cent off reloading items at Gander Mountain. Empty Re: 25 Per Cent off reloading items at Gander Mountain.

Post by XbonesX Mon Nov 14, 2011 12:19 pm

If the signs says 25% off and they don't list any exclusions, I'd complain to a manage because its false advertising. Unless its in writing they can not arbitrarily decide what they do and do not want to discount.

Kentucky False Advertising Law
http://www.lrc.ky.gov/krs/517-00/030.PDF

517.030 False advertising.
(1) A person is guilty of false advertising when, in connection with the promotion of the sale of or to increase the consumption of property or services, he knowingly makes or causes to be made a false or misleading statement in any advertisement addressed to the public or to a substantial number of persons.
(2) False advertising is a Class A misdemeanor.
Effective: January 1, 1975
History: Created 1974 Ky. Acts ch. 406, sec. 147, effective January 1, 1975.
XbonesX
XbonesX
Mod

Back to top Go down

25 Per Cent off reloading items at Gander Mountain. Empty Re: 25 Per Cent off reloading items at Gander Mountain.

Post by infantryjohn49 Mon Nov 14, 2011 9:41 pm

Gander Mountain has a tendency to obscure the prices sometimes.
I bought an item in the discount bin and when it rang up it was full price.
I ended up waiting for a manager to show up. He did not and after the line behind me got long the girl rang it up with the discount.
infantryjohn49
infantryjohn49

Back to top Go down

Post by hawcer Tue Nov 15, 2011 9:17 am

kinda like finding stuff in the bargain basement that is priced higher than the same thing on sale out on the show room floor.

Yeah....like I'm going to pay more for something missing parts, scratched or damaged when I can get "new" for less.
hawcer
hawcer
Mod

Back to top Go down

Post by scorge30 Tue Nov 15, 2011 12:49 pm

I've had a similar problem at Cabela's finding stuff in the discount bin and when I took it to the counter to pay, it rang as full price.

When I nicely inquired why the price did not reflect the discount from the Bargain Basement, I was told that customers sometimes leave things in there that should not have been in the bargain bins.

OK this seems reasonable. I have learned at Cabela's to make sure the item has the Bargain Basement stickers on it, otherwise it might or might not ring discounted.
scorge30
scorge30

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down