Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Lee pro 1000

2 posters

Go down

Lee pro 1000  Empty Lee pro 1000

Post by dartfreak75 Fri Feb 03, 2012 9:45 pm

Do any of you guys got any experience with these presses im thinging about getting one im wanting a progressive to speed up on my handgun loads iv seen good and bad reviews what do yall think!
dartfreak75
dartfreak75

Back to top Go down

Lee pro 1000  Empty Re: Lee pro 1000

Post by tripples Fri Feb 03, 2012 10:46 pm

Yes I do and my best advice to you would be, save a little more money and buy the Hornady lock and load AP instead. You will be much happier that you did.

There are some people that have good luck with the pro 1000 presses but I would rather spend more time loading than tinkering around with a press that is a pain. The priming system is less than desirable, the powder measure is not what I would call reliable.

If money is an object and you feel that its going to be long time till you can afford a better progressive press, be warned there are much better units available for not a whole lot more money.

My thought was when I bought my lee pro 1000 was for the price I could buy 1 in each caliber and not have to swap parts and all to go from 45acp to 9mm to 38/357 to .223 After my initial purchase and realizing how much of a pain the thing was I unbolted it from the bench and forgot about it in every way. One day I will convert it to do nothing but trim brass on.

I have since bought a Hornady LNL AP and am glad I did. For the extra.money you are getting a far better press.

Tripples

tripples

Back to top Go down

Post by dartfreak75 Fri Feb 03, 2012 11:35 pm

you want to sell it??
i will look around some more and see what i can find im thinking about just getting a turret press less money same princple it want be as fast but still save more than a single!
dartfreak75
dartfreak75

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down