Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

How Does Everyone empty there powder thrower ?

+7
Daywalker
RemMan700
tripples
XbonesX
RichBirdHunter
hawcer
brow_tines
11 posters

Go down

How Does Everyone empty there powder thrower ? Empty How Does Everyone empty there powder thrower ?

Post by brow_tines Wed Apr 11, 2012 11:17 am

I was reloading last night and just started thinking, most everyone has there powder throwers bolted down to a table. So how does everyone empty your throwers when you get done?
brow_tines
brow_tines

Back to top Go down

How Does Everyone empty there powder thrower ? Empty Re: How Does Everyone empty there powder thrower ?

Post by hawcer Wed Apr 11, 2012 11:55 am

Mine is screwed to a stand base that is clamped on the table for easy removal.

If not easily removed...keep the powder level at a minimum when getting close to finishing up your charges, then cycle the throw lever to empty the rest of the powder back into the container.
hawcer
hawcer
Mod

Back to top Go down

How Does Everyone empty there powder thrower ? Empty Re: How Does Everyone empty there powder thrower ?

Post by RichBirdHunter Wed Apr 11, 2012 12:50 pm

I open the side drain spout on my RCBS, sometimes I even remember to close it
RichBirdHunter
RichBirdHunter

Back to top Go down

Post by XbonesX Wed Apr 11, 2012 1:05 pm

On my LNL with their quick detach system, whatever they call it, just twist and it comes off.

On my RCBS Uniflow I do not have it attached to my bench, generally just clamped.
XbonesX
XbonesX
Mod

Back to top Go down

Post by tripples Wed Apr 11, 2012 1:09 pm

I usually just un bolt mine and dump it back in the can with a large funnel, or if its low I set the can under the drop tube and cycle the lever a bunch of times till its empty.

The LNL powder measure has an adaptor that you can install and it will drain from there the metering assembly is.
Tripples

tripples

Back to top Go down

Post by RemMan700 Wed Apr 11, 2012 8:59 pm

The Lee just twists shut and you can remove it and then twist open to let it pour back into the can.
RemMan700
RemMan700
Mod

Back to top Go down

Post by Daywalker Wed Apr 11, 2012 9:06 pm

Plus one with RemMan, makes clean up a snap!!
Daywalker
Daywalker
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by EdgarEg Thu Apr 12, 2012 12:19 am

brow_tines wrote:most everyone has there powder throwers bolted down to a table.
I do not have any reloading equipment bolted down. I used C clamps. I do not like commitment.
EdgarEg
EdgarEg

Back to top Go down

Post by kcatto Thu Apr 12, 2012 2:28 am

i use a LEE and like pointed out above twist and dump.... mine is not bolted down either a big C-clamp for mine as well...
kcatto
kcatto

Back to top Go down

Post by eagle60 Thu Apr 12, 2012 5:44 pm

Ditto on the Lee. Twist, remove, dump.
eagle60
eagle60

Back to top Go down

Post by kcatto Fri Apr 13, 2012 1:07 am

EdgarEg wrote: I do not like commitment.

that is hilariousI do not bolt things down permanently either because just as i do a better option always comes up...
kcatto
kcatto

Back to top Go down

Post by scorge30 Sat May 19, 2012 12:44 am

I use the same Lee as other have mentioned.

I always wipe the inside of my powder measure with a dryer anti-static cloth to keep the powder from jumping around with static.
scorge30
scorge30

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down