Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I think this will be my next firearm to save up for...and maybe the last!

4 posters

Go down

I think this will be my next firearm to save up for...and maybe the last! Empty I think this will be my next firearm to save up for...and maybe the last!

Post by hawcer Thu Nov 18, 2010 6:38 pm

These are made by the same company that I purchased my 450 Bushmaster barrel from...MGI.
Check out the vid of the modular "Hydra" in action.

hawcer
hawcer
Mod

Back to top Go down

I think this will be my next firearm to save up for...and maybe the last! Empty Re: I think this will be my next firearm to save up for...and maybe the last!

Post by sdsviper Thu Nov 18, 2010 8:34 pm

WOW. Shocked
sdsviper
sdsviper

Back to top Go down

I think this will be my next firearm to save up for...and maybe the last! Empty Re: I think this will be my next firearm to save up for...and maybe the last!

Post by victor8881 Thu Nov 18, 2010 9:01 pm

sdsviper wrote:WOW. Shocked

Second that wow, with another WOW!

I like your profile picture.... that deer hand and you on one knee... priceless!

victor8881

Back to top Go down

Post by Mohunter Thu Nov 18, 2010 9:42 pm

Oh Hawcer.........You got it bad don't ya? Are you still married? Shocked

That's a serious home owner's SHTF system right there, and a survivalist's best friend!
I know about the "Addiction" cause I have it too, and no.....I'm no longer married. cheers
But, that still doesn't change the fact that I still can't afford all the toys I wish I had.......my list is still growing and I'm still not any closer to fulfilling any of the dream guns that are on it. Rolling Eyes
Mohunter
Mohunter
Store Front Owner
Store Front Owner

Back to top Go down

Post by hawcer Thu Nov 18, 2010 11:15 pm

Mo...I've had it bad...way before I met her...so she new what she was getting into...well sort of. Rolling Eyes

It is pricey at around $1200 for a base rifle in the choice of 5.56, 45acp,7.62x39 or the 450 thumper.

Any AR platform barrel and bolt assy will drop into place and the replaceable magwells run around $250 Each.

The initial $1200 is what I'd have a hard time coughing up...but I think I would get it in the 45acp version, because I have a 450 barrel and bolt, and a 223 barrel and bolt ...add the 223 magwell and I'm all set there...and I could add the 9mm and 7.62x39 at a later date.plus whatever else I would like just by changing the barrel and putting in the correct magwell and matching bolt.

I could clear up alot of space in the safe with this setup...but on the other hand, sometimes you may want a few extra firearms ...just in case.
hawcer
hawcer
Mod

Back to top Go down

Post by Mohunter Fri Nov 19, 2010 10:15 am

Oh most definitely! That's the main reason why I don't sell any of mine.
The old days of selling one to fund another are over.......the Obama administration cleared up that confusion for me. If you have already bought a gun, I'd suggest keeping it for life.........unless you can trade it for one of equal or greater value, but never downsize your collection.

I guess those barrels and mag wells will interchange with any AR rifle of a different caliber?
I'm surprized that they didn't make the parts especially to fit this particular rifle so you would have to buy theirs? Kinda like Thompson Center, they won't interchange with anything else besides another TC.
CVA does the same thing, as well as H&R on thier single shot rifles. Wouldn't it be nice if they would all interchange with each other?

If I get another rifle, I think it will be a TC encore in 25-06?
Then I can just get different barrels for it and the 25-06 is one that I've always wanted as well as a .308, and 300 Savage.
The 25-06 has fine ballistics much like the .270 but less recoil and it will definitely reach out and touch something. Cool
The .308 because it's a NATO round, as well as .223 so those both would be good calibers to own in case SHTF scenerio happens and the extra barrels would allow you to travel lighter than carring a whole complete rifle.

Although, with the set up you are looking at......you could probably carry everything you need for several different calibers in a duffle bag along with ammo for each one and travel even lighter.......all without even changing a scope? That's pretty smart.
Mohunter
Mohunter
Store Front Owner
Store Front Owner

Back to top Go down

Post by hawcer Fri Nov 19, 2010 10:42 am

The modular receiver is designed and made by MGI, so the magwells are only made by them. As far as barrels,bolts and magazines go...any manufacturer will do.

I would love to get a T/C for the ability to swap barrels. I purchases a Rossi a few years back because at the time the claimed they would have a barrel swap program...it never came to life ,so I sold it.
hawcer
hawcer
Mod

Back to top Go down

Post by sdsviper Fri Nov 19, 2010 12:09 pm

victor8881 wrote:
sdsviper wrote:WOW. Shocked

Second that wow, with another WOW!

I like your profile picture.... that deer hand and you on one knee... priceless!
Thanks I forgot to get a pic with my rifle. Must be getting OLD.
sdsviper
sdsviper

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down