Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Wife is happy, I am out of the house

+7
Sasquatch-1
eagle60
XbonesX
dartfreak75
RichBirdHunter
hawcer
Daywalker
11 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Wife is happy, I am out of the house Empty Wife is happy, I am out of the house

Post by Daywalker Wed May 02, 2012 1:20 pm

The wife and I left this morning after the kids left for school. We went riding around and was talking about our new firearms and her SDB getting fixed and updated. Kinda got that spark again for reloading. To back up, since our other guns were stolen, I have kinda been out of the reloading relm for a while and a bit depressed about the reloading supply shop did not work out because of the landlords. Now that spark kinda has started rekindling.

We were talking and she decided that our son needed to move into the room downstairs, the girls move to his room and then she has her own office for school work and to keep the kids off her computer. Next thing I know, we pull into this lot and started looking at storage buildings. We rent a storage unit and I was thinking we were finally going to get out from under that payment have something to show for our money. Boy was I wrong.

Guys, meet my new Reloading room.....

Wife is happy, I am out of the house 05022010

This is a 10X16 building. The flooring has a 50 year warranty and the metal has a 40 year warranty...

Now, this bench is not in this building, however, it was in a bigger one and this is how I am going to build my bench....

Wife is happy, I am out of the house 05022011

It is schedule to be delivered Monday. I will be spending the weekend this time properly packing my stuff away. Hopefully, while cleaning the basement, finally find alot of my missing parts to a few of my equipment.....

I'm a happy fella again. It is great being back at work hehehehe...
Daywalker
Daywalker
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Wife is happy, I am out of the house Empty Re: Wife is happy, I am out of the house

Post by hawcer Wed May 02, 2012 1:25 pm

Good deal!

Just add a small wood stove and a window A/C unit and you are good to go. Don't for get to get a small breaker panel to wire your juice too for the building. And be sure to prewire everything before insulating and putting up interior walls...if that's what you plan on doing.
hawcer
hawcer
Mod

Back to top Go down

Wife is happy, I am out of the house Empty Re: Wife is happy, I am out of the house

Post by RichBirdHunter Wed May 02, 2012 1:28 pm

Your the luckiest man alive!
RichBirdHunter
RichBirdHunter

Back to top Go down

Post by hawcer Wed May 02, 2012 1:38 pm

one other thing....

Be sure to upgrade the doors or hinges and locking mechanism...they are usually pretty cheap and easy to break into. Sometimes this is something they can do before they deliver it.
hawcer
hawcer
Mod

Back to top Go down

Post by Daywalker Wed May 02, 2012 1:55 pm

RichBirdHunter wrote:Your the luckiest man alive!

You are correct... I love my wife and always have. She can do some of the strangest thing tho. One day she can bless me out worst than my mom ever could an the next do something like this..
Daywalker
Daywalker
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Daywalker Wed May 02, 2012 2:02 pm

hawcer wrote:Good deal!

Just add a small wood stove and a window A/C unit and you are good to go. Don't for get to get a small breaker panel to wire your juice too for the building. And be sure to prewire everything before insulating and putting up interior walls...if that's what you plan on doing.

I am right there with you. Today I had bought some regular door knobs and a good set of locks. I also bought a decent alarm system to install which is wireless. I can have a speaker inside the house plus in the building to where if it gets broken into, we plus our neighbors will know. Oh, they also have to cross the yard and walk past our 2 dogs in the back yard to get to it. My dogs are lovable if they know you. If not, they will let everyone know some stranger is around.

I plan on installing insulation and dry wall as time permits. I am up in the air on heating choices. I have an xtra wood stove, or, the wife mentioned getting another pellet stove. Personally, I am thining something along the lines of portable heater that screws into a propane tank. Not sure how brave I am going be. No powders or primers will be stored in the building. They will stay down stairs lockd up seperatly in an area where the dehumidifier is for better climate control. I will carry what I need as I go down to reload.

I am up in the air on the ac unit. We will see lol...
Daywalker
Daywalker
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by hawcer Wed May 02, 2012 2:47 pm

You work at Wally world right? Pick up one of those small window units for under $100....better than sweating all over your reloading gear Wink
hawcer
hawcer
Mod

Back to top Go down

Post by dartfreak75 Wed May 02, 2012 3:50 pm

wow thats awsome i need somthing like that bad
dartfreak75
dartfreak75

Back to top Go down

Post by XbonesX Wed May 02, 2012 4:05 pm

Congrats!

I've been in the same boat as you. Since my Grandparents moved in with me after their house fire, my garage and reloading room have been their storage center. They just bought a new house and all of their stuff is gone!

I've spent the last 5 days reorganizing everything and getting my reloading equipment set back up.

I also built a new work bench to get everything off my reloading bench that doesnt belong there (ie power tools).
XbonesX
XbonesX
Mod

Back to top Go down

Post by eagle60 Wed May 02, 2012 7:00 pm

Congrats Tommy! Glad to hear you are getting you some needed space. I'll give you 3 weeks before you have it filled up and wanting another one just like --LOL!
eagle60
eagle60

Back to top Go down

Post by Sasquatch-1 Thu May 03, 2012 7:07 am

That is great. I use to have one of the Amish built sheds. It held up very well.

I think I would lean more towards the propane heater then the wood or pellet stove for the mere fact that when you are done you can turn it off and walk away. The wood and pellet would be better for casting and annealing operations.
Sasquatch-1
Sasquatch-1

Back to top Go down

Post by brow_tines Thu May 03, 2012 10:50 am

Congrats, I've been looking into something like that.
brow_tines
brow_tines

Back to top Go down

Post by EdgarEg Thu May 03, 2012 12:34 pm

Daywalker wrote:I love my wife and always have.
I am glad to hear that. When I read the title:

Wife is happy, I am out of the house
I was thinking the worst.
EdgarEg
EdgarEg

Back to top Go down

Post by scorge30 Sat May 19, 2012 12:38 am

I'm with Edgar when I read the title of the thread I thought DW & the missus was splitting.

I've seen lots of folks split, & I do not wish a divorce on any one.

I am glad that DW & the missus are just getting his reloading stuff moved to a out of the house shed.
scorge30
scorge30

Back to top Go down

Post by Sasquatch-1 Sat May 19, 2012 7:44 am

When do we get pictures of the new set up????? Press
Sasquatch-1
Sasquatch-1

Back to top Go down

Post by Daywalker Sat May 19, 2012 9:15 pm

Sorry I havn't updated anyone or have been around much. Trying my hardest to get into the next position at work. Our current Support Manager has applied for an assistant managers position at another store. I have been learning all I can for when this day got here. I put in for the support managers position just in case he gets his. Hopefully, if I pass everything, (that is, if his position comes open to where I can interview and test out) that I may get it. That will put me on a schedule of 4 nights on and off for 4 days.

Anyways, the building arrived, it is in place. I went out to Lowes a week or so ago, give or take, and bought the lumber and items I needed to build my L shape bench. Man, that was 90 bucks. But I did get a pretty thick oak top. The wife and I measured and measure and somehow still came up 1/4" gaps where the benches meet, but that is ok. I can work with that. I counter sunk the screws and then filled it in with wood filler. Today I sanded down the woodfiller to get it even with the bench top. I applied my first coat of stain and will let that set over night. Tomorrow I will seee if I need to apply anymore or not. Then I will put on a few coats of poly urathane to seal everything in as to protect the top from liquid and stuff. I have permantly mounted my Harbor Freight Tool stand that I had purchased a while back for my presses and mounted my Square Deal and the Hornady Lock n Load. The Hornady Lock n Load, this one is giving me fits. I have not gotten to use it yet, and somehow, when I first packed up for the house guest, some parts got lost or gone. I still for the life of me can not find where I put all the parts. I am missing the powder hopper, the primer pick up tubes, the primer feeder tubes, the shell plate, the rotors for the Powder hopper and so on. I guess they will turn up or I will be ordering some new parts.

I am trying to figure out how I am going to do my single stage presses, the MEC press and the RCBS Lubrisizer. I kinda don't won't to mount them all at once. I don't think that I can use a clamp to clamp them onto the bench top. I am kinda tapped out so ordering bench dock or something like that is out of the question. I will have ot make one of my own to switch out all the press's... But I will get pictures once I get everything rolling and some extra time....
Daywalker
Daywalker
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by eagle60 Sat May 19, 2012 9:43 pm

The Hornady Lock n Load, this one is giving me fits. I have not gotten to use it yet, and somehow, when I first packed up for the house guest, some parts got lost or gone. I still for the life of me can not find where I put all the parts. I am missing the powder hopper, the primer pick up tubes, the primer feeder tubes, the shell plate, the rotors for the Powder hopper and so on. I guess they will turn up or I will be ordering some new parts.

That is an easy one to fix - just look in the other box that you haven't unpacked yet Smile LOL!

Glad to hear that the reloading facility is coming together. Hope you can find the parts for the LNL!

Oh, good luck on getting on the next rung of the corporate ladder sunny
eagle60
eagle60

Back to top Go down

Post by Sasquatch-1 Sun May 20, 2012 7:23 am

Hope you get the promotion at work. It is always nice to get an influx of extra cash although it doesn't stay extra for long.

Hope you didn't put any boxes out for the trash when you were moving stuff around.
Sasquatch-1
Sasquatch-1

Back to top Go down

Post by Daywalker Tue Jun 05, 2012 4:08 pm

Well, I wish I had taken pictures from the get go, so you all will just have to wait for the finished product. Things are moving along nice. Today I was able to get down to the building and get my press mounted, the table with my dillon's and the LnL screwd to the floor. Got a few other items set up. Only have a couple more boxes to unpack and get some storage items to store like brass and things as not to clutter up. Man I tell ya, I have got to get more stuff. I used to think I had alot. Does not seem to be the case.

Oh good news, found a box I had not seen. Guess what I found inside?? Laughing
Daywalker
Daywalker
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by hawcer Tue Jun 05, 2012 4:30 pm

Yep, I do the same thing...forget about the pics until I'm almost done.

Hmmm, In the box that you had not seen......a bunch of Dillon gear that you skimped out on giving to the guys that now own them presses? Shocked
hawcer
hawcer
Mod

Back to top Go down

Post by eagle60 Tue Jun 05, 2012 4:33 pm

My guess would be;
"the powder hopper, the primer pick up tubes, the primer feeder tubes, the shell plate, the rotors for the Powder hopper and so on".. Hope you found em.
Glad to hear your reloading facility is coming along. I know that you are ready to get back in the groove Smile
eagle60
eagle60

Back to top Go down

Post by Daywalker Tue Jun 05, 2012 6:47 pm

Well eagle, yea your right!!! Woohoo!!! Still need to order a few things for the LnL like the die bushings. I only have one for the powder measure.
Daywalker
Daywalker
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Daywalker Tue Jun 05, 2012 7:05 pm

Pictures so far. Taken today.

This is again the building. This time, parked in my back yard.

Wife is happy, I am out of the house Dscn3510

This is the side of the building that is almost complete. I just need to get some bins for brass storage and maybe do some rearranging. The wife and I built that bench. It is nice and sturdy.
Wife is happy, I am out of the house Dscn3511

Your now looking at the other side. This is my Harbor Freight tool stand which will hold all my progressive presses. I am going to move the stand.
Wife is happy, I am out of the house Dscn3512

Here is the view from the window in which I will be looking out of while using my single stage. As soon as I took this picture, I removed the big handle on the RC and replaced it with the original handle.
Wife is happy, I am out of the house Dscn3513

This side will be for shotshell reloading once I get to the point where I am loading. Thanks to Reload for some componants that he sent me. Just have a few other items and then getting hulls, wads, shot, slugs, primers then I should be on my way...
Wife is happy, I am out of the house Dscn3514

Once I get a few more stuff done, Flags hung and some decor, I will have to get a final overall picture maybe even a walkthrough video.....
Daywalker
Daywalker
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by RichBirdHunter Tue Jun 05, 2012 7:34 pm

Looking good, that's a handle and a half on your R/C
RichBirdHunter
RichBirdHunter

Back to top Go down

Post by scorge30 Tue Jun 05, 2012 7:56 pm

Man I have handle envy! I wish I had a handle like that on my R/C!
scorge30
scorge30

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum