Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Magpul MOE SL

2 posters

Go down

Magpul MOE SL Empty Magpul MOE SL

Post by XbonesX Fri Nov 14, 2014 11:16 pm

A friend just bought some new Magpul MOE SL furniture for his AR. It is the first piece of Magpul gear I have ever been disappointed with. Started off with the new buttstock, I measured and made sure he ordered the correct Mil-Spec not Commercial. The fit is very tight to the point you almost can't adjust the length and it scuffs the buffer tube.

The new handguard was a pain to install, it alone took longer to install then all the older MOE furniture I had done on a previous build. The new SL doesn't allow for the front sling mount, so that had to be removed. Just another design for them to get you for another $20+ to buy their rails and/or sling mounts.

Then to top it all off, the grip is out of spec and won't fit on the lower. This part for sure will have to be exchanged.

I think the MOE SL line just started shipping about 3 months ago, so until they get their quality control fixed, I'd stay away from the SL furniture.
XbonesX
XbonesX
Mod

Back to top Go down

Magpul MOE SL Empty Re: Magpul MOE SL

Post by RichBirdHunter Wed Nov 19, 2014 7:57 am

Thanks for the tip
RichBirdHunter
RichBirdHunter

Back to top Go down