Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

that stinks.... it was locked before I got in on it...

5 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

that stinks.... it was locked before I got in on it... - Page 2 Empty Re: that stinks.... it was locked before I got in on it...

Post by Daywalker Wed Dec 29, 2010 6:00 pm

so if that is the case, then in reality, we would want to cast .001 over size which would be .453 and I know there isn't a mould or anything that size. So would that make it a .454 mould and sizer?? I mean, if the bore is slugging at .452, then we would have to go .001 over size from what we have learned...
Daywalker
Daywalker
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

that stinks.... it was locked before I got in on it... - Page 2 Empty Re: that stinks.... it was locked before I got in on it...

Post by Mohunter Wed Dec 29, 2010 7:02 pm

Daywalker wrote:so if that is the case, then in reality, we would want to cast .001 over size which would be .453 and I know there isn't a mould or anything that size. So would that make it a .454 mould and sizer?? I mean, if the bore is slugging at .452, then we would have to go .001 over size from what we have learned...
Read this--> http://castboolits.gunloads.com/showthread.php?t=39732&highlight=diameter+bullet+454+Casull
Mohunter
Mohunter
Store Front Owner
Store Front Owner

Back to top Go down

Post by Daywalker Wed Dec 29, 2010 10:11 pm

Thanks for the read Mo... Still wondering about Kcatto slugging his barrel at .452. I guess maybe the cylinder throat is smaller and that is the need for the .452 instead of going .453 as one would usually do when slugged at .452...

Either way thats cool... Just means I can swage for it as well. Alls I need to do is open up the swage die to .452. What am I talking about opening one up, I can make one in .452 there that sounds better LOL...
Daywalker
Daywalker
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Reload3006 Wed Dec 29, 2010 10:23 pm

I would use my .452 mold and see what happens. If my bore leaded badly then I would know that i needed to bump it up to .453 and all you would need to do is make a bump die not hard to do. LOL or a better plan would be to sell me that mold for fifty bucks Very Happy lol! I really dont expect to be able to buy Mo's mold at almost any price. but ya never know
Reload3006
Reload3006

Back to top Go down

Post by kcatto Wed Dec 29, 2010 11:04 pm

Reload3006 wrote:I would use my .452 mold and see what happens. If my bore leaded badly then I would know that i needed to bump it up to .453 and all you would need to do is make a bump die not hard to do. LOL or a better plan would be to sell me that mold for fifty bucks Very Happy lol! I really dont expect to be able to buy Mo's mold at almost any price. but ya never know

wait i all ready called "dibbs" on uncle mo's mold...

I did not slug the barrel I just quickly measured the muzzle end with my vernier calipers.... then i found the information in the manuals.... so i did not measure the throat end of the revolver....

remember though .452 is what they recommend but that is also jacketed bullets...

I have shot .452 hardcast lead through the raging bull with no leading problems....

kcatto
kcatto

Back to top Go down

Post by Daywalker Wed Dec 29, 2010 11:09 pm

Ok then between castboolits and you and the research Mo has done,,,,,.452 it is.. Will be interesting to see what the Raging Judge is compared to the bull.. I will slug it when and if I decide to go full on and get it....
Daywalker
Daywalker
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Mohunter Thu Dec 30, 2010 12:55 am

I'm just going by what those guys in the cast boolit post in the link had already hashed out and the way I read it, the throat is where the real issue is. Several guys said that anything over .452 and they had problems feeding? I guess it would come down to what your actual experience was when you started casting for it?

Even if a guy had a .454 mold, it wouldn't be that hard to run them all through a .452 sizing die, or lap the die up to a .453??
Just thinking out loud.
Mohunter
Mohunter
Store Front Owner
Store Front Owner

Back to top Go down

Post by Reload3006 Thu Dec 30, 2010 8:46 am

if you already had a .452 lubrisizer ring die you could get a brake calendar hone and hone it up a couple thou with a drill motor. No prob.
Reload3006
Reload3006

Back to top Go down

Post by kcatto Sat Jan 01, 2011 4:37 am

just to clear this up..... my raging bull has a throat of .452.....

measured it today..... so does the carbine.....

Taurus does not recommend cast bullets without gas checks due to potential leading problems.... but that sounds like lawyer speak.... hehehe

i do not know but isn't the 460 SS&W also .452.... I will have to check...
kcatto
kcatto

Back to top Go down

that stinks.... it was locked before I got in on it... - Page 2 Empty Embedded the pictures as well...

Post by kcatto Sat Jan 01, 2011 4:45 am

first attempt at a picture....

this is my raging bull.... it is all mine.... it is bead blasted for a more satin finish....

hope this works...

before bead blasting:

that stinks.... it was locked before I got in on it... - Page 2 Raging10

Last edited by kcatto on Sun Jan 02, 2011 10:15 pm; edited 1 time in total
kcatto
kcatto

Back to top Go down

Post by Daywalker Sat Jan 01, 2011 5:55 am

I like em alot. I went ahead hope you don't mind, I hosted the pics through the site so that they showed up. I left your links to the pics as well....
Daywalker
Daywalker
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by kcatto Sat Jan 01, 2011 2:53 pm

did I not do it right tommy???? with photobucket thing???

I am going to get some better pictures of the bead blasting today....

keven
kcatto
kcatto

Back to top Go down

Post by Daywalker Sat Jan 01, 2011 10:24 pm

You did if you wanted people to click on the link to see the pic. If you want to embed so the pic automatically shows up, you need to copy the img code. Or, if you look above the reply box, or the box you type in when starting a new topic, you will see an icon that has 2 small squares in it. One is a green square with a white border and a smaller square overlapping. Press that and a box will come up. Browse your computer for the picture, change the size in the drop down menu to 640 I believe and click host it. Then copy the img which will be the middle option, click copy then click the 2 squares again to make the box go away and paste inside reply box or the new topic box. Boom your done.....

If you use one of the other 2 options, I am noticing that it creates pop ups and people including myself HATE POPUPS!!!! LOL......

Hope that makes sense....
Daywalker
Daywalker
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by kcatto Sat Jan 01, 2011 10:44 pm

kinda i will try again soon....
kcatto
kcatto

Back to top Go down

Post by kcatto Sun Jan 02, 2011 9:21 pm

here are a few more... these are my .454 casulls..... I really love the pair....

that stinks.... it was locked before I got in on it... - Page 2 DSCF2335

that stinks.... it was locked before I got in on it... - Page 2 DSCF2322

that stinks.... it was locked before I got in on it... - Page 2 DSCF2327

that stinks.... it was locked before I got in on it... - Page 2 DSCF2343

ok got this picture thing figured out...

thanks for being so patient eveyone....
kcatto
kcatto

Back to top Go down

Post by Daywalker Sun Jan 02, 2011 11:23 pm

Very nice!!!!!!
Daywalker
Daywalker
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum