Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

converted an old serger sewing machine

+4
Daywalker
kcatto
DanRickard
eagle60
8 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

converted an old serger sewing machine - Page 2 Empty Re: converted an old serger sewing machine

Post by eagle60 Sat Jan 15, 2011 11:08 pm

Whew! Good call DW. I'd hate to know that I helped cause the demise of one of the old old singers pale . Yeah, those things are worth some cash nowdays.
eagle60
eagle60

Back to top Go down

converted an old serger sewing machine - Page 2 Empty Re: converted an old serger sewing machine

Post by Daywalker Sat Jan 15, 2011 11:25 pm

I have one in my basement, it belonged to my grandmother on my dads side. Both have gone on now and my mom told me to take it as she did not want it. It is one of the old ones in the cabinet. All black with gold accent lettering and in still working order.

My wife has a newer singers to do her sewing. The way I see it, Singers must be pretty good, they did step up to the plate during the war back in the day and produced some 1911's... Those things are now worth around 5k if you can find one.

One of the local PD officer, a good friend of mine, he had arrested a gentalmen for threating to kill his ex wifes boyfriend. At the time, the guy had a 1911 on him made by Singer. After all was said and done, he ended up with the 1911 awarded to him by the department. They claimed it was training related..

I am so jealous...
Daywalker
Daywalker
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by kcatto Sat Jan 15, 2011 11:33 pm

I want a treadle machine soooooo bad...............
kcatto
kcatto

Back to top Go down

Post by Hughie Sun Jan 23, 2011 11:37 pm

Wow very good . I like it Very Happy makeing useful things saves money. smart thinking Very Happy
Hughie
Hughie

Back to top Go down

Post by Mohunter Sun Jan 23, 2011 11:50 pm

Guys who reload of some of the most resourceful people on the planet.
We are mad scientists, metalurgists, chemists, machinest, engineers, and magicians all rolled into one. Wink
Mohunter
Mohunter
Store Front Owner
Store Front Owner

Back to top Go down

Post by Daywalker Sun Jan 23, 2011 11:52 pm

with all the recycling, you would think we were a bunch of greenies too Laughing

Daywalker
Daywalker
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Mohunter Mon Jan 24, 2011 12:04 am

I recycle everything..........or maybe it's hoarding? Shocked
Mohunter
Mohunter
Store Front Owner
Store Front Owner

Back to top Go down

Post by dartfreak75 Mon Jan 24, 2011 12:12 am

yea im the same why im allways looking in goodwill and walmart clearence looking for something i can make something else out of it lol i found some turkey basters for 1.50 for pan lubing but i didnt get it cause im gonna go with the tumble lube but i have been saving butter tubs and medicine bottles for tumble lubing i got a big tylenal bottle to store cast bullets in!! yea im kinda a hoarder myself!
dartfreak75
dartfreak75

Back to top Go down

Post by Mohunter Mon Jan 24, 2011 12:15 am

I also have a thing for containers, especially coffee cans. Everytime I accumulate too many and toss them out.......the very next day I'm looking for one! Good thing we go through alot of coffee. tongue Spew Coffee
Mohunter
Mohunter
Store Front Owner
Store Front Owner

Back to top Go down

Post by dartfreak75 Mon Jan 24, 2011 12:23 am

yea me too you ever shop at sams club they got all kinds of stuff in large containers like ketchep and mustard and mayo i like the chocolete covered raisens and the big plastic jugs are exeilent brass containers!
dartfreak75
dartfreak75

Back to top Go down

Post by Daywalker Mon Jan 24, 2011 12:25 am

Big ole containers of those cheese balls heheheh I love Sam's
Daywalker
Daywalker
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by dartfreak75 Mon Jan 24, 2011 12:30 am

yea them cheese ball can work good too lol iv got brass and tumble media and all kinds of stuff stored up in giant ketchup bottles lol
dartfreak75
dartfreak75

Back to top Go down

Post by eagle60 Mon Jan 24, 2011 6:56 am

Hoarding, going green, scrounging - such a novel idea. The wife tells me I'm just a pack rat !!! But she don't mind it as bad when something I've collected over the years helps on one of her projects Twisted Evil
eagle60
eagle60

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2