Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Daywalkers Kills

+5
Mohunter
RemMan700
CMAsailor
DanRickard
Daywalker
9 posters

Go down

Daywalkers Kills Empty Daywalkers Kills

Post by Daywalker Wed Nov 03, 2010 5:12 pm

Ok, not really much of a kill. I was looking through my folders and found this pic of a groundhog that I shot and killed with my crossbow a couple months ago. Can not remember the date. This was approx 25-30 yard shot. Got him while he was standing and looking at me while I was standing on my living room couch with the window slid open aiming to shoot through a chain link fence. Was hoping not to hit the holes. Then I noticed If I stood straight up, I could just shoot over the fence LOL...

Daywalkers Kills 108g51h
Daywalker
Daywalker
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Daywalkers Kills Empty Re: Daywalkers Kills

Post by DanRickard Thu Nov 11, 2010 9:02 pm

lol.. not bad tommy..

sets see if this tops it.. Possem with a Sword!
DanRickard
DanRickard

Back to top Go down

Post by CMAsailor Fri Nov 12, 2010 2:29 pm

Suspect Really? i call bullshit on the sword. he shot it and then stuck it No
LMAO Laughing
CMAsailor
CMAsailor

Back to top Go down

Post by RemMan700 Fri Nov 12, 2010 2:38 pm

Dan didnt your mother tell you that it is not good to run with swords. geek
RemMan700
RemMan700
Mod

Back to top Go down

Post by DanRickard Fri Nov 12, 2010 2:40 pm

CMAsailor wrote: Suspect Really? i call bullshit on the sword. he shot it and then stuck it No
LMAO Laughing

nope.. i live in town.. we cannot use guns or firearms.

and its not the first time either. i've gotten 5 total this fall so far
DanRickard
DanRickard

Back to top Go down

Post by Mohunter Mon Nov 15, 2010 8:55 pm

I believe the sword. Possums don't run that fast and are basically stupid.
They don't have much fear of humans........until some lunatic is chasing them with a sword of course! Shocked affraid

We got our share around here also, and I'm glad to see somebody taking a whack at em. They destroy turkey nests and other ground nesting birds.
They do a good job of cleaning up gut piles and other dead animals, but they can get too over populated in a hurry.
About a 100 unborn turkeys thank you Dan. tongue

@Tommy- We have lots of ground hogs around here also, but I have never seen one quite as ugly as that one. It looks like a porcupine or a hedge hog.......where's it's hair?
Ours look big, fat, and furry like a beaver with a short tail instead of a big paddle shaped tail.
I've never killed one though, but they are kinda fun to watch. My uncle and my dad used to hunt them and my uncle even cooked and ate the smaller more tender ones. He said they were quite good.
Mohunter
Mohunter
Store Front Owner
Store Front Owner

Back to top Go down

Post by DanRickard Mon Nov 15, 2010 9:02 pm

Thanks mohunter. Those possems eat my chickens. So its legal for me to kill them when they are in the act of predation. Its also legal for me to kill them if they get into my trash. Which they do all the time. I chase them up under my minivan. They climb up into the engine compartment on top of the engine block. I just pop the hood and skewer them. Seems like they all do the same thing.

Possems reproduce every 4 weeks. Up to 4 per litter. They are almost as fast as rabbits. So its no wonder why there's always a tun around.
DanRickard
DanRickard

Back to top Go down

Post by Daywalker Mon Nov 15, 2010 9:09 pm

it has hair on it's back, this is a young skinny one. Ugly as hell. I had shot this in his right side and it angled. That is why it looks as if he is just laying on the arrow rather the arrow sticking through him. He was alive in that pic and i had to take a .22 revolver to finish him off. The only thing I figure is that the hair is sticking up like that because he was rolling around and dragging himself towards it's hole in the ditch before I could get there. Needless to say he did not make it home. It could have been a her I guess.

My neighbor infantryjohn49, he told me he has skinned them and ate them. Said that the are the stinkiest things to clean, yet taste good. I dunno, I will take everyone's word for it...
Daywalker
Daywalker
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by XbonesX Mon Nov 15, 2010 9:44 pm

I hear Raccoon is really good but never had it, but plan to eventually.

Mo, my Grandpa traps Raccoons and Possums and says when he tosses the carcasses out the Coyotes will eat up the Possums that night, the Raccoons stay several days. Next time you kill one use it as bait and zip another 'Yote. Twisted Evil
XbonesX
XbonesX
Mod

Back to top Go down

Post by Mohunter Mon Nov 15, 2010 9:56 pm

Actually, the one I killed with my recurve this year was eating a possum. I had no idea and I've been hunting for 30+ years. You just never know when it comes to nature.......it seems I learn something new every year.
Mohunter
Mohunter
Store Front Owner
Store Front Owner

Back to top Go down

Post by Reload3006 Mon Nov 22, 2010 2:43 pm

Last edited by Reload3006 on Mon Nov 22, 2010 3:17 pm; edited 1 time in total
Reload3006
Reload3006

Back to top Go down

Post by dartfreak75 Mon Nov 22, 2010 3:17 pm

thats nice daywalker groundhog with any kinda bow is tough! nice shooting!
dartfreak75
dartfreak75

Back to top Go down

Post by Reload3006 Tue Nov 23, 2010 8:42 pm

Coon is really pretty good eating. I dont cook it like some black friends at work do or told me to. <not being racist here> honestly. A friend told me to parboil them then put them in with sweet potatoes in the oven and not really sure how or with what spices. But I have BBQed em and they are not to bad. now Possums on the other hand are NASTY Tried to eat one when i was a kid wont make that mistake again. I would have to be close to death before I tried to eat another possum
Reload3006
Reload3006

Back to top Go down

Post by Mohunter Tue Nov 23, 2010 9:01 pm

You and me both! After seeing some of the nasty stuff possums eat, there ain't no way I would put one of those filthy buggers in my gut unless I was starving to death.
Coons barbequed are rather tasty, and I would eat that in a minute and have on several occasions.
I don't care for sweet potatoes, so the recipe you mentioned from some of your coworkers wouldn't be appetizing to my taste buds.

I have heard that it makes a good stew like you would with beef, but I haven't ever tried that.

When I start trapping this winter, if I catch a young coon or two I'll try a couple of different recipes and see what I come up with.
Mohunter
Mohunter
Store Front Owner
Store Front Owner

Back to top Go down

Post by dartfreak75 Tue Nov 23, 2010 11:55 pm

i was reading if you do eat coon dont eat them if the flesh is moroon colored! its a sign of an old coon and the meat is rather tough and leathery
dartfreak75
dartfreak75

Back to top Go down

Post by camerl2009 Mon Nov 29, 2010 8:12 pm

CMAsailor wrote: Suspect Really? i call bullshit on the sword. he shot it and then stuck it No
LMAO Laughing

why not i got one with a machete last year out back thay just lay there and play dead i cut it head in half from the jaw up lol
that was a nasty clead up brain all over
camerl2009
camerl2009

Back to top Go down

Post by camerl2009 Mon Nov 29, 2010 8:17 pm

My neighbor infantryjohn49, he told me he has skinned them and ate them. Said that the are the stinkiest things to clean, yet taste good. I dunno, I will take everyone's word for it...

i had skunk not too bad i think i will not shoot them with slugs any more Laughing
camerl2009
camerl2009

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum