Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

20ga converson

2 posters

Go down

20ga converson Empty 20ga converson

Post by jppr26 Mon Mar 14, 2011 7:28 pm

i have a single shot 20ga break action that has a bad barrel, and i cant find a replacement anywhere, I even called the MFG and they said nope we don't sell barrels you would have to find one for parts somewhere. Well that didn't work out in the last year or so, so im looking into purchasing a .38 cal barrel blank, having it turned down, and fitted into the old 20ga. barrel and chambering it to .357maximim and having a single shot that will shoot the max, mag, and .38spl. I have found a .38 barrel 18" long for under $50 and a reamer if i had to buy one is $75 from midway any thoughts on this, would be very nice to here for you all.

jppr26

Back to top Go down

20ga converson Empty Re: 20ga converson

Post by Daywalker Mon Mar 14, 2011 7:33 pm

I will be the first to admit, I am ignorant about things like this. I myself interested in topics like this.

I have a NEF Pardner 20 gauge break action. I wanted to get a barrel to shoot rifle rounds through it. I was told that I could not do that as the reciever for the shotgun is not as strong as one for a rifle. I was also told the shotgun reciever would not work for a centerfire.

I do not know this to be true, was what I was told by a local gunsmith when I approached him about purchasing a 30-06 barrel and just swap between the 2.

There are great people here that can prob give you an answer and I will definatly be watching to see what comes about from it.

jppr26, I also want to welcome you to the forum!!!
Daywalker
Daywalker
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum