Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Looking for ejection port covers

3 posters

Go down

Looking for ejection port covers Empty Looking for ejection port covers

Post by Daywalker Thu Mar 31, 2011 12:49 am

Ok, I have found a few websites that are selling the ejection port covers for ar 15's. The prices are between 4.99-12 bucks.

What I am really looking for, and I might just be wishing here, is a place I can get ejection port covers for less than 4 bucks. Wholesale of sorts I guess..

The reason I am asking, I met a gentalman locally that has a laser/etching machine. He believes he can custom engrave the mild steel on the ejection port covers. I am going to remove both of mine for him to try it out on. I want to get quite a bit made up.

One ejection port cover, on the left side I am going to get him to engrave 6.5 and then on the right side of it Grendel. This while in the closed position. Then when the charging handle is pulled back, and the ejection port is open, on the left side the ATG logo and on the right the Dont Tread on me with the snake..

For my Stag, I want to have a little fun and on the outside while closed, left hand side, Hey right hand side Ya'll and then while open left hand side Watch and right hand side This....

I figure after he gives me a price, between him and myself, making a good deal for the forum, offer them to you all with whatever you want engraved on them.

So, if anyone has a secret squirrle site that a man can pick these up for a good price, you can pm me if you don't want it out LOL....

Thanks guys...
Daywalker
Daywalker
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Looking for ejection port covers Empty Re: Looking for ejection port covers

Post by hawcer Thu Mar 31, 2011 8:18 am

Funny you mention engraved ejection port covers....I just saw a 50 Beowulf upper on GB yesterday that had the cover engraved and instantly thought of you,lol.

All my sources are within the same price scale you have above....no cheaper source located yet.
hawcer
hawcer
Mod

Back to top Go down

Post by 2005ghostrider Thu Mar 31, 2011 8:43 am

I can get them from Brownells for $3.61 each plus shipping for just the cover no pin or spring. They are made by DPMS. They also sell some engraved ones too.

2005ghostrider

Back to top Go down

Post by Daywalker Thu Mar 31, 2011 12:50 pm

hawcer wrote:Funny you mention engraved ejection port covers....I just saw a 50 Beowulf upper on GB yesterday that had the cover engraved and instantly thought of you,lol.

All my sources are within the same price scale you have above....no cheaper source located yet.

LOL... Yea, I am a member of what used to be beowulf.com which is now called beyond556.com. There is a guy their that is doing custom engraving on port covers as well as the magazines. The gentalman I met here local, I am going to hand him a Grendel Mag to see if he can do those as well.

Just thinking when I get these done, try to pass along some savings to you all that might be interested in some personalized engravings as well....
Daywalker
Daywalker
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Daywalker Thu Mar 31, 2011 12:51 pm

2005ghostrider wrote:I can get them from Brownells for $3.61 each plus shipping for just the cover no pin or spring. They are made by DPMS. They also sell some engraved ones too.

Ah thanks... I totally forgot to look through my Brownells catalog and read the special code that I get with me C&R... Thanks for the reminder!!!!
Daywalker
Daywalker
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down