Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Need some input on my AR

5 posters

Go down

Need some input on my AR Empty Need some input on my AR

Post by Hughie Fri Apr 01, 2011 3:48 pm

Ok I want to keep my iron sites on the ar its flattop upper should i get a riser and go to a see thru type mounts or get a carry handle with a back site and mount the optic on the handle or just forget the iron sites and put a scope on it??? really like to keep the iron site on but dont need ever thing sitting up so high???
Hughie
Hughie

Back to top Go down

Need some input on my AR Empty Re: Need some input on my AR

Post by hawcer Fri Apr 01, 2011 5:24 pm

Get a scope mount like the Burris P.E.P.R or the Rockriver.

It should put the center of the crosshairs at about 1.5" above the rail...which might clear the front sight. The worst that could happen is the front site could cause a blur on the bottom half of the scopes view.

You could also swap out the front sight tower gas block for a picatinny type and mount a flip up sight on it.

I have a scope mounted on the handle on my A-2 upper....it's not that bad to shoot.....as long as it's not a huge scope, It looks ok....I'll take a pic so you can see how it looks.

Need some input on my AR Dsc04619
hawcer
hawcer
Mod

Back to top Go down

Post by Hughie Fri Apr 01, 2011 11:31 pm

ok that looks like what i want SWEET thank hawcer... I think thats a nice looking ar there Very Happy have to keep my scope shorten want to keep my iron site cause brush can get a little thick here if a yote comes in that close I can use my iron sits on them. thanks hawcer
Hughie
Hughie

Back to top Go down

Post by Daywalker Fri Apr 01, 2011 11:33 pm

If you get a carry handle Hughie, I have the scope attachment that mounts into the carry handle I will let you have.... Just let me know...
Daywalker
Daywalker
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by XbonesX Sun Apr 03, 2011 12:05 am

low profile gas block with flip up iron sights and a scope for good measure. Twisted Evil
XbonesX
XbonesX
Mod

Back to top Go down

Post by Hughie Sun Apr 03, 2011 8:58 am

that would look cool to bones thanks
Hughie
Hughie

Back to top Go down

Post by RemMan700 Sun Apr 03, 2011 10:08 pm

You need to have the 1.5" center of scope ring height to see over the front post. At this height you will not see the front sight at all. Now if you put a riser (and you will to get over your rear site) you will not have a good cheek weld. I really think you will be a lot happier with a set up similar to mine or with just a scope and no rear site. If you look at the pictures of how mine is set up you will see that I have a flip rear site but it is not a low profile. So I have to set my scope further forward which is about as far forward as you can go. Now if I had a low profile flip rear site like a Magpul BUIS (They are about $54) then my scope could go further back. If you get a scope that is a 1-4 or 2-7 power then you could still shoot very close and not need iron sights. I seriously doubt you could use iron sights with a magnified scope the way you want to. You would have to mount your scope way too far forward for the scope to be usable and if you were able to get it mounted further forward you would still have to look through your magnified scope to use your irons which defeats the purpose of iron sights.

Need some input on my AR 100_3953

As you see in this pic I can only move the scope mount forward maybe one slot before the front of my mount hits the handguards.

Need some input on my AR 100_3948

Need some input on my AR 100_3958
RemMan700
RemMan700
Mod

Back to top Go down

Post by Hughie Mon Apr 04, 2011 10:11 am

OK thanks RemMan very helpful indeed Very Happy I new if I put this post up my black gun friends could help Very Happy Very Happy
Hughie
Hughie

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum