Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Savage Accutrigger

5 posters

Go down

Savage Accutrigger Empty Savage Accutrigger

Post by RemMan700 Sun Jul 31, 2011 11:42 pm

I have a question about the Savage Accutrigger that maybe someone on here who has one can answer for me. I heard that when you pull back the "blade" part of the accutrigger back to the trigger then release it without actually pulling the trigger you have to open the bolt again to reset the trigger. Is that right and if so wouldn't that be a pain?

I watched this video and the blade doesnt look like it trips anything off to where you would have to reset the trigger. Not sure if there is more then one version of the accutrigger that might work that way.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IXNKD9A-vXo&NR=1
RemMan700
RemMan700
Mod

Back to top Go down

Savage Accutrigger Empty Re: Savage Accutrigger

Post by Reload3006 Mon Aug 01, 2011 7:03 am

No that is not correct. what the blade in front of and on the trigger does is releases a safety so the sear can break. that is all it does. this allows them to set the trigger with a very light pull.
Reload3006
Reload3006

Back to top Go down

Post by hawcer Mon Aug 01, 2011 8:16 am

...If you pull the trigger with out also pulling on the center "blade" ...it will not release the firing pin ,but you will have to reset the trigger by operating the bolt. My brother had problems with this since he pulls from the edge of the trigger....
hawcer
hawcer
Mod

Back to top Go down

Post by RemMan700 Mon Aug 01, 2011 8:23 am

hawcer wrote:...If you pull the trigger with out also pulling on the center "blade" ...it will not release the firing pin ,but you will have to reset the trigger by operating the bolt. My brother had problems with this since he pulls from the edge of the trigger....

Right because he is tripping the trigger and the blade is catching it. What I am talking about is pulling the blade back in till it is flush with the trigger and then letting it back out without ever pulling the trigger.
RemMan700
RemMan700
Mod

Back to top Go down

Post by hawcer Mon Aug 01, 2011 8:41 am

That won't do anything unless you touch the trigger...you can press and release the "blade as many times as you want....
hawcer
hawcer
Mod

Back to top Go down

Post by RichBirdHunter Mon Aug 01, 2011 8:59 am

The only thing that has happend to me with my model 10 is tripping the firing pin if the blade is not pushed first. What I like about it is I can't have trigger jerk or panic shot. I have to slow down just a little bit.

With that being said, when I don't operate the trigger properly I must stop and work the bolt, but that has not happend in the field but I do it once in a while at the shooting bench. It happens most when I'm running different guns, ( guns with out an accutrigger)
RichBirdHunter
RichBirdHunter

Back to top Go down

Post by wallenba Sat Aug 06, 2011 6:41 pm

Hmmm....so that's what it is. My sister has a Savage Mark II, I'll have to check this out.
wallenba
wallenba

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum