Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Wiederladentv- Lee Load All II

+5
CMAsailor
badjeep02
Daywalker
wiederladertv
fusil56300
9 posters

Go down

Wiederladentv- Lee Load All II  Empty Wiederladentv- Lee Load All II

Post by fusil56300 Fri Nov 12, 2010 7:11 am

Dont know if this will help anyone but I think its a cool youtube vid. Yehaw

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hnhq9sXLcE0

Wiederladentv is a forum member from Germany.

fusil56300
fusil56300
fusil56300

Back to top Go down

Wiederladentv- Lee Load All II  Empty Re: Wiederladentv- Lee Load All II

Post by wiederladertv Sat Nov 13, 2010 4:55 am

Upps, the blush of shame turns in my face.... Embarassed

Thanks so much!
wiederladertv
wiederladertv

http://www.wiederlader.tv

Back to top Go down

Post by Daywalker Sat Nov 13, 2010 10:52 am

I have been looking into getting the lee load on for both the 12 and 20 gauge shotguns. I failed German Class in high school, (just could not keep my attention away from the girl next door in the other classroom) however, watching you use the machine still speaks a universal language. Thanks for the vid on the press..
Daywalker
Daywalker
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by badjeep02 Thu Nov 18, 2010 9:38 am

I've been interested in reloading shot shells but I don't think I could do it for any cheaper than just buying them for 12ga. I would be much more interested if I had a Taurus Judge. The cost of 410 shells really sucks around here. I would have to get a MEC reloader though seeing that Lee doesn't offer one in 410.
badjeep02
badjeep02

Back to top Go down

Post by wiederladertv Fri Nov 19, 2010 4:08 am

Why you start thinking of MEC? The Lee Load ALL II will do this job too for the half of the price or less.
wiederladertv
wiederladertv

Back to top Go down

Post by Daywalker Fri Nov 19, 2010 8:45 am

He wants to load for .410, does not seem that Lee sells the Load All for the .410

Daywalker
Daywalker
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by wiederladertv Fri Nov 19, 2010 5:21 pm

Ohh sorry..my mistake. If though they will but there only versions for 12,16 and 20 gauge.
wiederladertv
wiederladertv

Back to top Go down

Post by CMAsailor Fri Nov 19, 2010 9:01 pm

I don't know much about reloading shotshells, and i've seen other people do it too so explain to me why some people use the roll crimp for slugs exclusively when you use the regular shot crimp for slug?
CMAsailor
CMAsailor

Back to top Go down

Post by Reload3006 Sat Nov 20, 2010 9:43 am

ive never loaded slugs. that being said i would use the same method because thats what i have as long as it holds the slug in should work just fine.
Reload3006
Reload3006

Back to top Go down

Post by Reload3006 Sat Nov 20, 2010 9:48 am

.410s are the toughest shotgun shell there is to load.. i do it but dont like it much. you really have to use a very slow powder.. little gun,h110,4227 there is only one wad for all so you have to use fiber wads to make up the differences in case capacity. and then you may or may not have a load thats worth a darn.
Reload3006
Reload3006

Back to top Go down

Post by Daywalker Sat Nov 20, 2010 10:14 am

With the amount of shooting I do with my .410 bore, I prob won't load for it myself. Now my son, who will be getting the .410 bore, he will prob shoot it more. I have about 100 boxes of .410 bore that I have saved up over the years. I am sure he won't go through all of them LOL.... I have not shot my 20 gauge but maybe 3 times since I bought it a couple years ago. It is a NEF Pardner. Now this 12 gauge, I have shot 25 through it so far and itching to get back to the range to put some more through it. Monday is going to be another range day. Going to pick up a cheap box of 100 to have some fun with...
Daywalker
Daywalker
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by wiederladertv Sat Nov 20, 2010 2:20 pm

Now I snyc my slug reloading video in english language.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4t8rn5_Rj1A

Hope you understand me. Enjoy
wiederladertv
wiederladertv

Back to top Go down

Post by CMAsailor Sat Nov 20, 2010 7:13 pm

wiederladertv wrote:Now I snyc my slug reloading video in english language.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4t8rn5_Rj1A

Hope you understand me. Enjoy

Great job! very clear instructions Very Happy
CMAsailor
CMAsailor

Back to top Go down

Post by Daywalker Sun Nov 21, 2010 1:48 am

Excellent job!! I understood everything and it has helped me with my decision. Come Monday, I am ordering me that press. I am getting more excited about this shotgun. I just wished I had the oppertunity a while ago to try it until now!! I have missed so much...
Daywalker
Daywalker
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by wiederladertv Sun Nov 21, 2010 5:21 am

Thanks! Doing next with all my videos....
wiederladertv
wiederladertv

Back to top Go down

Post by scorge30 Sat Nov 27, 2010 9:26 pm

I use a MEC Steelmaster for loading all my shot shells.

I load the same Lyman 525 gr slugs and use Herco or Winchester Super Field powder. My MEC does not seem to meter WSF so well, so I have to weigh the charges by hand.

I have a Hastings 20" fully rifled Magna Ported 12 ga slug barrel that the previous owner buggered up the the first four inches (it was 24").

Choosing a load on a WAG, and some range testing I was able to hit the good ol' paper plate at 100 yards with ease. I only had a few to try at 300 yards and was still adjusting when I ran out of rounds.

My 870 Super Mag chucked the shells but my buddy's Benelli was picky and would not chamber the rounds. My Mossturd 500 also had no issues but it did not care too much for the 3" loads but chucked the 2 3/4 Fiocchi without issue.

Recoil was fairly stout, and I am looking at some devices to cut felt recoil a lot when shooting these slugs.

I have some 2 oz slugs that I loaded for the 10 ga, and my old Ithaca Roadblocker hammered them with no worries. However recoil was punishing and we did not shoot all the rounds before we decided we were not that manly afterall.

My MEC is a decent press but costly compared to the Lee Load All 2s. I used to load a lot of non-tox waterfowl loads before I was injured and became ill.

You will never recoup the money between buying factory non-tox and loading your own, but I always enjoyed the process. While my loads may not compare to some of the new stuff like Black Cloud or Remington's new whiz bang fire-and-forget duck killers, I took pride in loading my own shells. I used a lot of ITX shot and Bismuth when I could.

I am trying to build my stamina up before I can slogging through the sloughs around here playing in the blackberries which are the kudzu of the Pacific Northwest.

I used to get a lot of my stuff from Ballistic Products. Some love 'em, some think they are the devil incarnate. I always found them helpful and loved some of their recipies for both tox and non-tox shot.
scorge30
scorge30

Back to top Go down

Post by Mohunter Sat Nov 27, 2010 10:18 pm

Great job on the video! I liked the plug for ATG so much at the end, I had to subscribe. Next you should do a video on casting your slugs, I would really be interested in that one.
Mohunter
Mohunter
Store Front Owner
Store Front Owner

Back to top Go down

Post by wiederladertv Fri Dec 17, 2010 12:37 pm

Ok, I will do so! Press
wiederladertv
wiederladertv

Back to top Go down

Post by chingachkook Thu Nov 03, 2011 2:19 am

wiederladertv wrote:Ok, I will do so! Press

Sir, I just watched your videos for buck shot and slug reloading and you did an excellent job, thank you for the information. There is one problem though, now you've got me anxious to reload some of them for myself. In the videos you say you are using Claybuster wads, but didn't say which ones and also Fiocchi hulls and which one of those as well or the charge weight of your propellant (Herco)?

Again thank you very much for your excellent videos.
chingachkook
chingachkook

Back to top Go down

Post by wiederladertv Thu Nov 03, 2011 2:36 am

Hy chingachkook,

please don't call me Sir...just say Markus or dude! lol!

For my 00 reload I use the Claybuster CB1114-12, any Fiocchi plastic hulls I can get in 12 gauge 2 3/4" high and primed with the FIO 616.
Further I use 26.3 grs of Herco. If you got some problems to fill in 9 pellets, cut away the side parts. If you use my reloading data you do so at your own risk.
wiederladertv
wiederladertv

Back to top Go down

Post by scorge30 Thu Nov 03, 2011 11:51 am

I've had good results using 32.5 gr of Winchester Super Field, a 1/2 inch thick Alcan (Feltron) fiber over powder wad, 9 pellets of 000, and a clear BPI plastic over shot card with a roll crimp.

I also use a super full extended ported choke designed for shooting large size shot. It has a longer and more gradual forcing cone than the stock choke tube.

I have not noticed much difference between using buffer between the pellets and not, so have been omiting buffering.

Using a piece of cardboard rather than the clear BPI over shot card makes the load cheaper, but it is easy to identify the load with the clear plastic window.

I also measure and weigh each powder charge, although my MEC Steelmaster does a decent job of metering WSF with its universal charge bar. I am leery of either short or overcharge and the 32.5 gr load is close to max for a 2 3/4 inch shell.

I am using a bunch of purple Fiocchi 2 3/4" shells that I picked up at the range a few years ago, and I seem to lose a bunch every time I use them because they go all over the place. I never can seem to find all the hulls.

I recently got some non-tox ITX 000 from BPI and am loading it up to see how it patterns. Expensive crap!!!

Regrettably my state follows everything that the People's Republic of Kalifornia does. We have a really good chance of outlawing lead ammo in the state.

The WDFW has already outlawed lead at any of the managed game units, which has caused some grumbling.
scorge30
scorge30

Back to top Go down

Post by chingachkook Thu Nov 03, 2011 11:52 am

Hey Markus!

Thank you very much for your quick reply and the information you have provided. I understand and agree that any and all information obtained from the Internet is used at my own risk.

Please keep on making those videos because you do an excellent job of covering some very good topics that aren't usually found elsewhere.

Have a great weekend!
chingachkook
chingachkook

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down