Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Load Data Software

5 posters

Go down

Load Data Software Empty Load Data Software

Post by eagle60 Sun Dec 04, 2011 7:58 pm

Has anyone tried the PointBlank load data software? While browsing another forum I ran across a link to www.huntingnut.com and downloaded the thing. From what I can tell about it so far, it will take a little time to set up your firearms and loads but when you get them in there you can enter your test result data onto a "target". It automatically computes thinks like std deviation, avg velocity and group size.
It's free to download and use but has a 10 second pop-up message if you don't send them a donation. If you want to get rid of the popup for a year it's only $10. Thirty bucks and it goes away forever according to them.
I have a spread sheet that I made to calculate and track such things but the Point Blank software seems to cover the info that I keep up with plus a few extra perks. It may prove to be a handy little tool...
eagle60
eagle60

Back to top Go down

Load Data Software Empty Re: Load Data Software

Post by fletch_medic Mon Dec 05, 2011 4:22 am

I have it on my computer. I have only put a few loads into it. I stopped using it when I took a break from reloading. It was nice because it has a target that you can measure inches on and add where your bullets hit so you don't have to keep a hard copy of the target in your book. If you are curious as to how a load worked, you just pull up the target and you can see where each of your shots hit. If you know the velocity and ballistic coefficients then you can also see a trajectory chart as well. And one last thing I remember about it is that it keeps a log of your weapons by type, manufacturer, caliber, and serial number. After typing all of this I remember why I stopped using it, it's too complicated for me.
fletch_medic
fletch_medic

Back to top Go down

Post by george457d Mon Dec 05, 2011 9:32 pm

with all this personal information ,I'd be worried that a manufacturer might void my several warranties
george457d
george457d

Back to top Go down

Post by eagle60 Tue Dec 06, 2011 12:08 am

I've spent a little time with it and I tend to agree with you Fletch. The abundance of information is good up to a point but if ya have to spend more time logging and compiling information than it takes to work up a load it doesn't seem to be worth it .

George, I can see your point. One doesn't necessarily need all of his eggs in one basket...

For now, I think I'm gonna stick with the spreadsheet and my load database. Thanks for the info guys!
eagle60
eagle60

Back to top Go down

Post by algunjunkie Thu Dec 08, 2011 12:10 am

that's all it does? Man then guys sure don't want the one that I use. Library, analyzer, ballistics, load data for loads and guns, pictures, conversions, spin drift and that isn't even close to half of it. You can even save pictures of your targets or guns to the file.

But I like to keep track of things and it works for me.
Just in case you are wondering this is what I use.

http://www.patagoniaballistics.com/feat_int.html

algunjunkie

http://algunjunkie.webs.com

Back to top Go down

Post by eagle60 Thu Dec 08, 2011 7:21 am

Man, talking about full feature software, that one does a lot. I can see the benefits of that much information for competition shooters and folks that shoot a lot and that want a complete picture. For a casual shooter like myself it's a little more than I would want to maintain. Thanks for posting the link to it, I had never heard of them before.
eagle60
eagle60

Back to top Go down

Post by Daywalker Thu Dec 08, 2011 8:32 am

I don't even have a college degree good enough to even come close to understanding all that LOL...
Daywalker
Daywalker
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by algunjunkie Thu Dec 08, 2011 10:16 am

To be perfectly honest, when I bought the program I didn't understand half of it. But it grows on you and if you are willing to do some homework it becomes much easier to understand. I originally bought version 2 but with upgrades for a year I now have version 3. For the price, you actually get two programs, desktop and mobile so you have your information with you in the field, another nice benefit. If you can afford it, I highly recommend it.

The man that wrote it is actually a shooter/loader himself, "Gus" is his nickname. I will not even begin to try to spell his full name. He developed it for his own use and it has morphed from there. They have outstanding customer service as well, on par with some of the best out there and they are extremely polite and patient.

It isn't for everyone but it is an option that is there.

algunjunkie

http://algunjunkie.webs.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down