Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

My new build is put on hold, rotten luck!

+4
EdgarEg
RichBirdHunter
eagle60
algunjunkie
8 posters

Go down

My new build is put on hold, rotten luck! Empty My new build is put on hold, rotten luck!

Post by algunjunkie Sat Dec 17, 2011 4:30 pm

Hey guys, the custom build that is going on right now here on the forum is put on hold.

My house was broken into and most of my guns were stolen, I have a pistol left. I am still going through things to see what all is left but as of right I don't know what is left.

On the good side, I have a ton of reloading gear for things that I don't own anymore. I guess that means that I wont have to spend as much money. So what do I do with all the rounds that I have made and have on hand?

algunjunkie

http://algunjunkie.webs.com

Back to top Go down

My new build is put on hold, rotten luck! Empty Re: My new build is put on hold, rotten luck!

Post by eagle60 Sat Dec 17, 2011 4:59 pm

Man, that sucks!! Think positive and hang on to all of them rounds to use when they catch that ID10T and you get your firearms back.
eagle60
eagle60

Back to top Go down

My new build is put on hold, rotten luck! Empty Re: My new build is put on hold, rotten luck!

Post by RichBirdHunter Sat Dec 17, 2011 5:20 pm

Sorry about that. It's been 2 years since I was robbed
RichBirdHunter
RichBirdHunter

Back to top Go down

Post by EdgarEg Sat Dec 17, 2011 5:26 pm

algunjunkie wrote:My house was broken into and most of my guns were stolen
My sincere condolences. But can I be a little cold (please forgive me) and ask if there is any advice about the situation that you could pass on to the rest of us? Anything you would have done differently or how to handle the police reports or insurance or anything that we might learn from?
EdgarEg
EdgarEg

Back to top Go down

Post by dartfreak75 Sat Dec 17, 2011 6:19 pm

man that sucks im sorry was anyone home or hurt? man that sucks dont here about that kinda stuff alot around here every now and again but not alot ! i hope they can find your guns and or replace them!
dartfreak75
dartfreak75

Back to top Go down

Post by XbonesX Sat Dec 17, 2011 11:38 pm

oh man that sucks! sorry to hear that Sad
XbonesX
XbonesX
Mod

Back to top Go down

Post by Daywalker Sun Dec 18, 2011 12:18 am

Sorry to read this. I myself have had a couple firearms stolen. It isn't a nice feeling. I could not imagine tho the feeling of invasion of privacy as my firearms was stolen from a shop and not my home...
Daywalker
Daywalker
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by sdsviper Sun Dec 18, 2011 2:03 pm

Sory to hear that. I had 14 guns stolen in 1996 8 made their way home in the first 2years 2 from the same pawn shop I got them from in the first place. several more in some drug raids an one on a personal invite from me and some close friends. Redneck Hope they catch the !@#$%^&*. and get your stuff back.
sdsviper
sdsviper

Back to top Go down

Post by algunjunkie Sun Dec 18, 2011 5:27 pm

EdgarEg wrote:
algunjunkie wrote:My house was broken into and most of my guns were stolen
My sincere condolences. But can I be a little cold (please forgive me) and ask if there is any advice about the situation that you could pass on to the rest of us? Anything you would have done differently or how to handle the police reports or insurance or anything that we might learn from?

Several things are going in my favor at the moment. So to answer your question, simple. Have all of your serial numbers, complete descriptions and if possible pictures of all of your valuables.

Get a digital camera and photograph everything of value and take a picture of the serial number, make and model. If you have guns, get a big heavy safe, keep them in it and keep it locked. Every gun that they got from me was what would not fit in the safe. They even took the ones that had repair tags on them.

When dealing with the police, keep it professional. no cussing, swearing, threat making. They have a job to do and they will do it, but not to the CSI standard. That is a TV show and does not happen that way in real life. You can't print everything. Do not touch anything till they arrive. If you find your door open and you suspect it was forced, do not enter unless your are confident. Call them and wait.

Be prepared to answer questions, even the ones that make you feel like you are being investigated, because you are. They have to establish a timeline and alibis for everyone including you (insurance fraud). Every little things matters, write it down. You will not find everything that was taken immediately, keep a list of things missing and keep law enforcement updated. You will hear rumors, write them down and keep law enforcement updated.

Patience is the key. Then next day I found out how the gained entry, how many people were involved what they were driving and where they live. But I am trained for that. I photographed what I found and called, the same deputy came by, I gave him the information and the pictures of the items taken, cause I have them and all of the serial numbers.

Insurance- this is a a whole new ball game. they are going to polite to you but remember they are in the business of making money. They are going to try to low ball, stall and piss you off so that you will just settle at an extremely low payout. One of my guns that was taken is worth $3800, think the insurance is going to want to pay full price it? Don't jump at their first offer unless you have done your homework and know that amount given will cover the loss up to the limit if your policy. Have a list of everything and current market value for replacement cost, find out how much it will cost to replace it with used items. After all it was used when it got gone.

algunjunkie

Back to top Go down

Post by XbonesX Mon Dec 19, 2011 12:52 pm

my Grandparents recently had a house fire and lost everything! Insurance companies are the worst to deal with. I strongly suggest you understand the difference between content and replacement coverage, as they are 2 different things. Also make sure your home owners policy has an additional rider to cover guns.

I keep an excel spreadsheet with all of my valuables, especially my guns. Additional things your insurance company will need that is kind of crazy, is where, what city, & when you purchased it, and original price.

XbonesX
XbonesX
Mod

Back to top Go down

Post by algunjunkie Tue Dec 20, 2011 12:19 am

Well here is a new twist on things. I spoke with my insurance adjuster and found out something that I did not know. Firearms are not covered under content or replacement. They cover up to a certain amount anything over that you need another ride or additional coverage to be added to your policy.

So read your homeowners policy to see if this applies to you. You know kinda of what xbonesx refered to.

algunjunkie

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum