Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Pistol range has built-in brass catcher

+6
Travis
fletch_medic
Sasquatch-1
dartfreak75
eagle60
EdgarEg
10 posters

Go down

Pistol range has built-in brass catcher Empty Pistol range has built-in brass catcher

Post by EdgarEg Sat Jan 14, 2012 10:21 pm

I went to Hot Wells gun range today. It is near Houston, in Cypress. I had not been there in years. But it was close for a buddy at work that I went with.
They have reworked the pistol range. It now has brass catchers built in! When you shoot the brass flies to the right (of course), bounces off a screen and into a trap. There is an opening at the bottom of the trap that is blocked by a simple plank. You move the plank and your brass falls into your hand or bag!
Pistol range has built-in brass catcher 01_bra10
Pistol range has built-in brass catcher 02_bra10
Pistol range has built-in brass catcher 03_ano10
Pistol range has built-in brass catcher 04_dow10
Pistol range has built-in brass catcher 05_dow10
I thought it was great. No, it did not catch all the brass. But with very little effort it caught a lot. I did not do any brass chasing. And since my buddy does not reload I got his brass too so I came home with more brass than I started with.

I looked at their web site here and they do not even mention this great feature:
http://www.hotwellsshootingrange.com/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=120&Itemid=255

I had never seen a gun range that had such a thing. Is this a common thing for pistol ranges?
EdgarEg
EdgarEg

Back to top Go down

Pistol range has built-in brass catcher Empty Re: Pistol range has built-in brass catcher

Post by eagle60 Sat Jan 14, 2012 11:09 pm

Now that is a nice feature! I haven't seen that done before either. If I ever get around to building a shed to do my shooting from I think I will incorporate that idea Smile
eagle60
eagle60

Back to top Go down

Pistol range has built-in brass catcher Empty Re: Pistol range has built-in brass catcher

Post by dartfreak75 Sun Jan 15, 2012 9:13 am

that is awsome iv been planing on building something like that but my idea was like a soccer net and the brass falls in the bottom but that is even better!
dartfreak75
dartfreak75

Back to top Go down

Post by Sasquatch-1 Sun Jan 15, 2012 10:29 am

Wish my range had something like that when I take out my DE.
Sasquatch-1
Sasquatch-1

Back to top Go down

Post by EdgarEg Sun Jan 15, 2012 1:47 pm

Another thing. The floor of the brass trap is very steep to make sure that no brass fails to roll out the bottom front hole. It is at least a 45 degree angle.
EdgarEg
EdgarEg

Back to top Go down

Post by fletch_medic Sun Jan 15, 2012 5:55 pm

I wonder if the netting was angled slightly away if it would catch more brass than just having it completly vertical?
fletch_medic
fletch_medic

Back to top Go down

Post by Travis Sun Jan 15, 2012 6:08 pm

fletch_medic wrote:I wonder if the netting was angled slightly away if it would catch more brass than just having it completly vertical?

i was thanking that or just have it loose so it has less bounce
Travis
Travis

Back to top Go down

Post by Nicnac Sun Jan 15, 2012 6:14 pm

Rather slick set-up... Cool

Nicnac
Nicnac

Back to top Go down

Post by RemMan700 Wed Jan 18, 2012 10:03 am

I am going to have to check that range out when I get moved down there.
RemMan700
RemMan700
Mod

Back to top Go down

Post by infantryjohn49 Wed Jan 18, 2012 9:42 pm

Thats cool I wish we had something like that around here, depending on which range you are at a guy trys to make off with your brass
infantryjohn49
infantryjohn49

Back to top Go down

Post by EdgarEg Tue May 01, 2012 8:43 pm

RemMan700 wrote:I am going to have to check that range out when I get moved down there.
So have you tried Hot Wells yet?
EdgarEg
EdgarEg

Back to top Go down

Post by kcatto Thu May 17, 2012 6:00 pm

Very cool idea, actually that is one heck of a great idea....

I get so tired of picking up cases.... did i mention this is a great idea....
kcatto
kcatto

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down