Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

tactical gear

4 posters

Go down

tactical gear Empty tactical gear

Post by tripples Wed Feb 22, 2012 3:56 am

After participating in a recent tactical 3 gun shoot I have been looking for some of the gear that I saw in use and am not able to find any like it. I am hoping that some of you can point me in the right direction.

I am looking for a clip for on the belt that is hinged and locks, to release it you squeeze each side. There is also a safety tab that folds down so it can't accidentally be released. This clip has mounting holes in it kinda like a black hawk holster.
I did ask the gentleman who made them and where I can buy them. He didn't remember who made them but did say he bought them on eBay. I am not able to find them.

Also I am looking to upgrade some other gear and am looking for ideas as to what others are using.
Right now I am using a soft ar mag pouch, and would like a hard pouch with at least a paddle attachment. Also a shot shell holder.

Oh yeah if you can post a link that would be great.

Thanks tripples

tripples

Back to top Go down

tactical gear Empty Re: tactical gear

Post by tripples Wed Feb 22, 2012 7:15 pm

Wow, I'm disappointed. I figured by now I would have them ordered.

tripples

Back to top Go down

Post by hawcer Wed Feb 22, 2012 8:17 pm

If I had some info to pass along I would. Actually, I was kinda wondering the same thing you asked... as I am looking into doing the 3-gun events.

In your searches on the web, try adding "3-gun" to anything you are looking at getting or needing. It might help narrow down your choices to stuff actually being used buy other 3-gun shooters.
hawcer
hawcer
Mod

Back to top Go down

Post by tripples Wed Feb 22, 2012 8:37 pm

Hawcer, I think I have searched every possible way. But just not finding exactly what I am looking for.

The 3 gun events are truly a lot of fun. It's one thing to know you are a good shot, then when you add the fact of speed, performing a reload, and moving, drop and grab a different gun and acquiring another target make it interesting. Not to mention honing your skills on clearing a jam. Also finding out how well your firearms perform under pressure.

The variation in age groups was surprising to me. There were several older gentleman shooting and having a great time.
It sure beats sitting on the couch thinking "i can do that no problem"

tripples

Back to top Go down

Post by Daywalker Thu Feb 23, 2012 8:40 am

Can you describe this clip a little more? Is it a holster clip or a clip for a holster?
Daywalker
Daywalker
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by RemMan700 Thu Feb 23, 2012 9:16 am

Check out Safariland products. They make a lot of stuff for 3gun. If you go to those links and look at the QLS,MLS, or ELS system that might be the clip you are talking about.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
RemMan700
RemMan700
Mod

Back to top Go down

Post by tripples Sat Feb 25, 2012 2:34 pm

The clip that the gentleman had looks similar to the safariland els, but was not 2 pieces. It had the pinch release like the safariland does but was hinged to go over the belt and lock that way you do not need to bolt them to the belt itself. When I looked at his belt I noticed the hook and loop (velcro) on the inside and he told me that was to hold the belt on the outside of his regular belt. However what he had also has the mounting holes like safariland does.
It's real hard to describe in detail exactly how it all fit together.

I may end up going with the safariland els, it just looks like it will take a little longer to set up and reconfigure at a match if changes are needed per the station.
Ie. One station I may need 2 pistol mags, 3 rifle mags, and 10 shotgun rounds, vs the next station I may need 3 pistol mags, 1 rifle mag, and no spare shot shells.

tripples

Back to top Go down

Post by tripples Sat Feb 25, 2012 7:50 pm

Just a quick update, I went to one of the local gun shops today and ran into one of the gentleman that was at the shoot I was at. He is not the one I was referring to, but did lead me in the right direction.

The clip I was talking about is like blade tech's tech lock. I actually thought they were metal where the blade tech's are plastic. I will try to post a pic or a link later when I am not on my phone.

The shop actually had a good selection of blade tech items in stock. I ended up picking up a few items and ordered some other items.

One mag pouch I really liked was a double pistol mag pouch on the outside of a ar mag that was at 90* The one they had in stock was for a glock and ar mags, with the hinged clip I was talking about. I ordered one like it but for the xd instead of the glock.

Tripples

tripples

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down