Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Methods of Lubing

+2
wiederladertv
Daywalker
6 posters

Go down

Methods of Lubing Empty Methods of Lubing

Post by Daywalker Sat Nov 20, 2010 1:59 pm

There are many different methods to lubing your boolits. One method, the quickest and most expensive is the use of a lubrisizer. These can arrange in price from 114 bucks to over 200 bucks. They allow you to size and lube the boolits with one pull of the handle. No dry time and you can either load them straight away or store them for use later... Some of the lubes requires a heater and some don't. If you are using these in the winter time, a heater could be useful...

Pan Lubing = Placing your cast boolits into a dish, pouring your lube into the pan just above the lube grooves. A little slower than the lubrisizer, yet not as expensive. Some lubes smokes alot while there are some that barelys smoke at all. Draw back to pan lubing (sometimes) the lube will not remain in the lube groove when removing them from the wax. Some solutions would be to add a little more parafin wax a little at a time. This may aid with keeping the lube in groove by making the lube a bit harder. Be careful, too hard of a lube will also cause Leading in your barrel. Another way of removing them while keeping the lube in tact, using a cutter method. Tubing, a piece of brass that is just about .001 or .002 over the diameter of the cast boolit. Place over the boolits, press down with a twist pull back up. The boolit will remain in the case. You can have the next boolit push it up and out or use a dowel rod to push it on through. Another way is to not let the lube to fully set up before removing the boolits. By doing this, the lube is still semi solid state. Then set the aside to fully cure.

Another good way to lube your cast boolits will be to tumble them in Liquid Alox. You can tumble every type of cast boolit you have. The tumble lube ones as well as the traditional lube grooves. Simply place the cast boolits in a container, drizzle a little bit of Liquid alox onto them, and start twirling the container untill all cast boolits are equally covered. You can then run them through your Lee sizer die. Afterwards, do another twirl with some more liquid alox and let dry over night. Some people have had luck using RCBS case lube to lube the boolits to run into the size die then covering in liquid alox. The boolits will have a bronze look to them and can be stickey. Once you load these into the case, you can take a paper towel and clean the nose back up to give you that lead look.

Liquid Alox have been proven to shoot very well without leading in all types of casts.

I hope this helps a bit to those of you having problems deciding which method you want to use to lube. And if you are having problems lubing, hopefully some of these ideas and tips will help...
Daywalker
Daywalker
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Methods of Lubing Empty Re: Methods of Lubing

Post by wiederladertv Sat Nov 20, 2010 2:23 pm

+1 on Liquid Alox

Works so great in all my handgun loads without leading.
wiederladertv
wiederladertv

http://www.wiederlader.tv

Back to top Go down

Post by CMAsailor Sat Nov 20, 2010 6:54 pm

where the heck can you find a lubrisizor for 114bucks?! Shocked LOL help a brother out

And then there's those of us with the smear it in the grooves with your finger crowd... mostly for dirtpowder projectiles and lubes... and the softer lubes like home made Lithibee, smears easy enough for small batches of 45colt when I'm not lubing enough boolits to warrant the heat-up/cool-down time of pan lubing.

Very well written Tommy, great post.
CMAsailor
CMAsailor

Back to top Go down

Post by algunjunkie Mon Nov 22, 2010 11:11 am

CMAsailor wrote:where the heck can you find a lubrisizor for 114bucks?! Shocked LOL help a brother out

Yeah I want to know too!!!!!!

algunjunkie

http://algunjunkie.webs.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Daywalker Mon Nov 22, 2010 11:20 am

Midwayusa sometimes puts them on sale without heater at that price. I have seen it on sale once for that price and did not have the money for it...
Daywalker
Daywalker
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by victor8881 Wed Nov 24, 2010 10:15 pm

I'm so glad I decided to read this post before I asked a question about the liquid alox method! Great post... Tommy, your the man!

victor8881

Back to top Go down

Post by billarrington Fri Nov 26, 2010 10:10 am

CMAsailor wrote:where the heck can you find a lubrisizor for 114bucks?! Shocked LOL help a brother out

And then there's those of us with the smear it in the grooves with your finger crowd... mostly for dirtpowder projectiles and lubes... and the softer lubes like home made Lithibee, smears easy enough for small batches of 45colt when I'm not lubing enough boolits to warrant the heat-up/cool-down time of pan lubing.

Very well written Tommy, great post.

he got his at a good price rofl.... Wink

billarrington

Back to top Go down

Post by Daywalker Fri Nov 26, 2010 10:48 am

LOL Bill,,, ssssshhhhhh hehehe....

Yea I did get mine at a steal.
Daywalker
Daywalker
Admin
Admin