Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Finally getting it all together.

3 posters

Go down

Finally getting it all together. Empty Finally getting it all together.

Post by Daywalker Mon Jul 09, 2012 10:05 am

Well. I decided on a new press. The MEC 600 JR Mark 5 press. I was going to get another dillon, but decided to hold off and concentrate on 12g than my .38/.357. I will just use the Lee dies ordered from midway and do that on single stage.

I have an older MEC 600 and was going to replace the parts that were missing. Reload3006 had sent me a few items a while back like better bottles and a couple of bars. I still needed a few other parts. While on the site, I got to looking at their newer press's and reading on some of the safety upgrades, I decided to get a new one. The older one I will keep around and may convert it to 20g or 410 bore for my boy. However, looking at the die conversion kits, might just as well order a new press all together hahaha....

At anyrate, it arrived today....

Finally getting it all together. 07092010

Now I am going to be looking at some of the recipes you all posted. Also going to order the Lyman 5th edition before I attempt any loading. Want to read as much of it I can....
Daywalker
Daywalker
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Finally getting it all together. Empty Re: Finally getting it all together.

Post by hawcer Mon Jul 09, 2012 10:12 am

Nice DW, I'll be stepping up to one of these once I get tired of my Lee 12gauge press.

BTW, I find the Remmy green hulls and the Winchester AA's the most user friendly to reload. Federal are the hardest to get right....so don't start with them if you can help it.
hawcer
hawcer
Mod

Back to top Go down

Post by Daywalker Mon Jul 09, 2012 10:14 am

At the moment, I don't have any hulls. I have been shooting Winchester AA I believe they are, they were the lowest cost bulk I can get for plinking. These were skeet loads at walmart I believe... However, they have disappeard from my house and not sure where they went. So, the biggest thing on my shopping list before I do wads, will be quite a bit of hulls......

Thanks for the advice!!!

Daywalker
Daywalker
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Reload3006 Mon Jul 09, 2012 10:54 am

Old AAs are good hulls. I dont think personally there is anything wrong with the new AAs either but there are a bunch of whiney butts that are crying because Winchester changed them and are now calling the HS I have heard all kinds of Crazy BS that the base of the hull can come out and get stuck in your bore and personally I call B.S. but I have seen hundreds of posts where A friend of a friend heard from a 3rd cousin that his friend got a base wad from those new HS hulls stuck in his bore and blew up his shotgun.

"Cough B.S."

But the Remington STS hulls are just like the old AA hulls only green probably the best now but I digress. Email trap and skeet clubs and inquire about buying once fired hulls.

with the Remington STS or Winchester AA (old) hull and a claybuster CB3118A Clear wad you will load 1 1/8 oz loads that are great for Dove Quail Rabbit Squirrel and Trap and Skeet .. I like Red Dot and WW primers but There is enough pressure room there for a lot. I hear that Clays is good never used it but I have no reason to doubt it. A 32 Bushing with Alliant red Dot powder will drop about 19grains of powder which is a good safe load that will preform very well and fill a lot of hunting and target shooting needs.
Reload3006
Reload3006

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down