Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Hornady Lock-N-Load

4 posters

Go down

Hornady Lock-N-Load Empty Hornady Lock-N-Load

Post by george457d Mon Sep 03, 2012 6:43 am

May of 2012 , I picked-up a Hornady L-N-L ammo-plant ... I had minor trouble with the rotor on the powder drop ,and the customer service was great with a turn-around time of less than a week. The powder measure comes with a large and small rotor (rifle/pistol) The case-feeder is a god send ,and speeds up reloading ... However ,the bullet-feeder is finicky ,and needs to be dialed in just right to drop (I'm still work'n on that)... Changing calibers is easy , an Allen-wrench for the shell-plate and a twist on the dies ,thanks to the L-N-L bushing's ... Looking over this ammo-plant the only things that are not metal would be the bullet and case feeders ,and them are polymer ,also the clear powder hopper ... As stout as this ammo-plant is ,I feel confident in placing it in my will and giving it to an unborn Grand-child ... If you have ever gotten into a fight over "What makes a better farm-truck" ,then you'll understand the fight between Hornady and Dillon ... Also the rebates are nice 100 bullets with each thing-a-ma-jig and what-cha-call-it , so the new dimension dies come out to about $20 or so ...
Bug
All said and done at the end of the day ,I enjoy my choice
george457d
george457d

Back to top Go down

Hornady Lock-N-Load Empty Re: Hornady Lock-N-Load

Post by Reload3006 Mon Sep 03, 2012 8:25 am

Yep ford chevy I think they are both great machines. I went the blue route but both have their plusses and both have their minuses. Hornady makes some good gear I have a lot of their dies and Personally they are my favorite.
Reload3006
Reload3006

Back to top Go down

Post by dcstaber Mon Sep 03, 2012 7:01 pm

Good to know, I ordered one last week, Its supposed to be here tomorrow Smile
dcstaber
dcstaber

http://www.go2engineer.com

Back to top Go down

Post by XbonesX Tue Sep 04, 2012 12:46 pm

I had a Dillon before but switched after having too many problems. At the time I purchased my LNL the ammo plant wasn't available, they didnt even have the bullet feeder yet, but I do have the case feeder. While the case feeder can be finicky, I've heard nothing but bad things about the bullet feeder. As such, I made this to help speed up my loading process.
http://www.atgreloading.com/t908-homemade-lnl-upgrade-cleaning-rod-case

XbonesX
XbonesX
Mod

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down