Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Wyoming Antelope

+2
eagle60
Nicnac
6 posters

Go down

Wyoming Antelope  Empty Wyoming Antelope

Post by Nicnac Sat Oct 20, 2012 12:38 pm

Well, I finally am getting around to posting picture of my Wyo. Lopers hunt. Had a great time on a DIY public ground hunt. I shot 2 Does 1 at 300yrd and the other larger one at 340yrds. I am going to have to work on my long distance shooting skills with windage Wyoming Antelope  Wink. We had pretty good weather for the most part till sat. when it got windy and cooler and rainy. But we survived. The last picture being my older Doe, I removed her head before dragging her 800yrds out cause I didn't to knock off her horns. So I thru the head in her body cavity, I plan on having her done in a European mount. Pic's to follow. I had 2 doe tags and two other hunting partners had a buck tag each plus 2 doe tags. So 8 antelope all together.

Camp
Wyoming Antelope  WyoAntelope2012002
Wyoming Antelope  WyoAntelope2012008
Wyoming Antelope  WyoAntelope2012003
Wyoming Antelope  ChrissBuck
Wyoming Antelope  WyoAntelope2012019
Nicnac
Nicnac

Back to top Go down

Wyoming Antelope  Empty Re: Wyoming Antelope

Post by eagle60 Sat Oct 20, 2012 1:52 pm

Very Nice! Unless I hunt on the pipeline there is nowhere around here to get out past 200 yards. Good shootin, hope you have plenty of BBQ sauce Smile
eagle60
eagle60

Back to top Go down

Post by Nicnac Sat Oct 20, 2012 2:41 pm

eagle60 wrote:Very Nice! Unless I hunt on the pipeline there is nowhere around here to get out past 200 yards. Good shootin, hope you have plenty of BBQ sauce Smile

Thanks, Ha ya actually I picked up some Rasberry Chipolte BBQ sauce at walmart last week before we went hunting. We used some on the grill when we were in the field. It was tasty............ going to have to get some more. Very Happy
Nicnac
Nicnac

Back to top Go down

Post by EdgarEg Sat Oct 20, 2012 3:39 pm

So tell us what kind of rifle and ammo you used. We are all curious!
EdgarEg
EdgarEg

Back to top Go down

Post by Reload3006 Sat Oct 20, 2012 3:57 pm

Man thats one wicked round blew that poor antelopes head right off LOL
Troll
great shootn Congrats.
Reload3006
Reload3006

Back to top Go down

Post by Nicnac Sat Oct 20, 2012 10:04 pm

Ha yup sure did Reload... lol

I brought 2 guns with on the hunt, 1 was a Savage .243 with 90gr Nosler BT's and the other was My Browning .280 with 140gr Accubonds.

I did not use the .243 at all. I used the .280 for both kills mostly because of the wind and distance. not to say the 243 wont reach and touch um. Guess I just had more confidence with the .280 Cool (my aka- The Meat Gun)
Nicnac
Nicnac

Back to top Go down

Post by Daywalker Sun Oct 21, 2012 7:05 pm

Did you have a specialized person carrying your .243 for you like they do in the safari hunts? LOL...

I am jealous. We don't have anything like that around here to hunt. There is no way I would be able to get out west to do all the elk, antalope and other animals to hunt.... Maybe one day Wink
Daywalker
Daywalker
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by XbonesX Mon Oct 22, 2012 6:36 pm

Congrats! I'm hoping to get up to Wyo to get me a depredation permit for an Antelope. No luck tracking down the place again.

Antelope is one of my favorite game meats. In fact I just had some about 2 weeks ago. Cut it about 3/4" thick, slice of butter in a pan, slightly spicy season, sear it each side about 2 minutes. Mmmmmmm mmmm mmm.
XbonesX
XbonesX
Mod

Back to top Go down

Post by Nicnac Mon Oct 22, 2012 7:53 pm

Daywalker wrote:Did you have a specialized person carrying your .243 for you like they do in the safari hunts? LOL...

I am jealous. We don't have anything like that around here to hunt. There is no way I would be able to get out west to do all the elk, antalope and other animals to hunt.... Maybe one day Wink

Ha, nope no Specialized person carrying my spare/back-up. lol Some day Tommy, you just have to plan it and do it. The Antelope noe res. tags were only 34 bucks each. It was a somewhat inexpensive DIY hunt.
Nicnac
Nicnac

Back to top Go down

Post by Nicnac Mon Oct 22, 2012 7:56 pm

XbonesX wrote:Congrats! I'm hoping to get up to Wyo to get me a depredation permit for an Antelope. No luck tracking down the place again.

Antelope is one of my favorite game meats. In fact I just had some about 2 weeks ago. Cut it about 3/4" thick, slice of butter in a pan, slightly spicy season, sear it each side about 2 minutes. Mmmmmmm mmmm mmm.

Dude you have to jump on the leftovers in July after they draw, thats what we did.

Yup, cant wait to slap some on the grill. Hope the weather stays nice so i can still grill. Very Happy
Nicnac
Nicnac

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down