Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Can a body make a reloading stand out of this Harbor Freight Tools Grinder bench?

3 posters

Go down

Can a body make a reloading stand out of this Harbor Freight Tools Grinder bench? Empty Can a body make a reloading stand out of this Harbor Freight Tools Grinder bench?

Post by EdgarEg Sun Nov 25, 2012 11:42 am

Can a body make a reloading stand out of this Harbor Freight Tools Grinder bench?

http://www.harborfreight.com/universal-bench-grinder-stand-3184.html

I convinced myself I could so I bought a couple.
Can a body make a reloading stand out of this Harbor Freight Tools Grinder bench? Threeb10

I was thinking that I might be able to combine the parts or something to make it taller if need be.

So I got one of them put together. Now what? Should I bolt a big piece of thick plywood to the two holes in the top?
Can a body make a reloading stand out of this Harbor Freight Tools Grinder bench? Grinde10

I am hoping to make it a small sorta-portable bench for indoors.
EdgarEg
EdgarEg

Back to top Go down

Can a body make a reloading stand out of this Harbor Freight Tools Grinder bench? Empty Re: Can a body make a reloading stand out of this Harbor Freight Tools Grinder bench?

Post by tripples Sun Nov 25, 2012 12:32 pm

It could be used, but I personally like a pres to be mounted as solid as possible.

tripples

Back to top Go down

Can a body make a reloading stand out of this Harbor Freight Tools Grinder bench? Empty Re: Can a body make a reloading stand out of this Harbor Freight Tools Grinder bench?

Post by EdgarEg Sun Nov 25, 2012 12:36 pm

Yeah, this does have some negatives to it.

BTW, here is what made me think it was possible. This item on ebay:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/290704683165

Notice he calls it:
Portable Reloading Stand

And it looks just like the one I got from Harbor Freight.
EdgarEg
EdgarEg

Back to top Go down

Post by tripples Sun Nov 25, 2012 1:23 pm

Just looking at the eBay listing made me think of how I would use that stand. If it were me I would mount it to a piece of plywood that was long enough that I could stand or set a chair on so it was more solid. When there is a will there is a way.

tripples

Back to top Go down

Post by XbonesX Sun Nov 25, 2012 10:38 pm

I've been using two for over a year now, i got Joe using one now too. I mounted my rcbs and.forster on one and the lnl on the other. I did have to cut a piece for the lnl handle to complete its down stroke. Also cut a 2x4 to place under the press to give it some resistance otherwise the top flexes. I did a few other mods too. I'll get some picks up next week when i return from AZ quail hunting.
XbonesX
XbonesX
Mod

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down