Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Searching 4 Obsolete 6.5 reamer

2 posters

Go down

Searching 4 Obsolete 6.5 reamer Empty Searching 4 Obsolete 6.5 reamer

Post by Toscano Fri May 17, 2013 7:37 pm

I've got a little project in mind which I would like to start. The problem is finding an existing reamer. No, I'm not in a situatuation where I can afford to have a custom reamer produced. The cartridge is a 6.5 x 45 CZ. An obsolete (old timer) round which was developed as a wildcat. If anyone has any knowledge of or someone who would even rent it to me, I would truly appreciate it.
Toscano
Toscano

Back to top Go down

Searching 4 Obsolete 6.5 reamer Empty Re: Searching 4 Obsolete 6.5 reamer

Post by Rick459 Wed May 22, 2013 12:42 am

toscano,
i have a 6.5 carcano finishing reamer that was made for me by PTG it's demesion's are 6.5x42. you need to find out wht the shoulder angle is as you might be able to use the 6.5 carcano reamer if the shoulder angle is the same just run it a little deeper. HTH.
Rick
Rick459
Rick459

Back to top Go down

Post by Toscano Wed May 22, 2013 10:36 am

Rick,
Thanks for the info. The shoulder angle between the Carcano and the cartridge I had in mind are approximately similiar... the difference being 1.5 degrees. The Carcano being the lesser slope. In all probability, it should work. Let me know what you have in mind for its use. Thanks again.
Toscano
Toscano

Back to top Go down

Searching 4 Obsolete 6.5 reamer Empty The project is still on the board.

Post by Toscano Tue Sep 17, 2013 3:05 am

Toscano wrote:I've got a little project in mind which I would like to start.  The problem is finding an existing reamer.  No, I'm not in a situatuation where I can afford to have a custom reamer produced.  The cartridge is a 6.5 x 45 CZ.  An obsolete (old timer) round which was developed as a wildcat.   If anyone has any knowledge of or someone who would even rent it to me, I would truly appreciate it.
Thank you

Re: Searching 4 Obsolete 6.5 reamer

Post by Rick459 on Tue May 21, 2013 9:42 pm
+
toscano,
i have a 6.5 carcano finishing reamer that was made for me by PTG it's demesion's are 6.5x42. you need to find out wht the shoulder angle is as you might be able to use the 6.5 carcano reamer if the shoulder angle is the same just run it a little deeper. HTH.
Rick

Rick,
I lost track of this post when I went out of town...I ran across it by still searching for a reamer...If you still have that reamer I'd like to rent it or ??? Let me know what you might have in mind for my using it.
Toscano
Toscano

Back to top Go down

Post by Toscano Wed Jun 18, 2014 12:10 am

BTT
Toscano
Toscano

Back to top Go down

Post by Toscano Fri Jun 27, 2014 9:51 pm

BTT Rick, are you out there?