Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Hello Everyone!

+3
Reload3006
RichBirdHunter
shootabullet
7 posters

Go down

Hello Everyone! Empty Hello Everyone!

Post by shootabullet Wed Dec 11, 2013 9:56 am

Gentlemen,
Here's the scoop. I've been reloading for awhile now, mostly 223 and I'm about to order my 40 & 45 cal. Dies. I reload on a lee pro 1000. It's not the sturdiest work horse but once you learn her feel she turns them out just fine. When I was at Cabela's picking up some powder last week I ran into a gentleman who sparked my interest in swaging. I did some reading on it previously however decided that ordering 1000 bullets from xtremebullets.com for 85 bucks wasn't too bad of a deal so I didn't inquire any further. However after speaking with the fellow I decided that I would like to develop the skill and look into this activity. (Here comes the questions) Upon researching the issue I came across Corbins MFG. but I was blown away by the prices. I mean holy smokes 800+ for the 223 kit which makes 22lr cases into 223. I could by 10,000 bullets for 800+ bucks. My question is 1. What are my other options? 2. Is there any place cheaper that provides the same quality dies in a kit similar to Corbins? 3. Where can I go to learn the process besides youtube? 4. Can you provide me with links and vendors for Swaging. I'm looking for the MidwayUSA of Swaging. Can you Help?

shootabullet

Back to top Go down

Hello Everyone! Empty Re: Hello Everyone!

Post by RichBirdHunter Wed Dec 11, 2013 10:19 am

Howdy and welcome, you will find some good help here.
RichBirdHunter
RichBirdHunter

Back to top Go down

Post by Reload3006 Wed Dec 11, 2013 11:19 am

welcome aboard!! Hi my name is Dan and I am a shooting reloading Swaging aholic.

You aren't going to find any swaging besides primer pockets at Midway USA. Swaging is not cheap so if your looking into swaging for cost savings save yourself a lot of time and tears and just buy bullets.

So if there is no cost advantage in it why do it? well how many times have you went to your local reloading shop recently and tried to buy some bullets and there was none to buy or none that you wanted to use. Swaging solves all that I can shoot any bullet I want any weight I want even if its a crasy off the wall weight that you wouldn't even think about buying.

The folks that are making swaging equipment are
Corbin MFG (Dave Corbin)
RCE LLC (Richard Corbin)
the above are brothers and in competition with each other both are excelent Swage DIe makers but expensive yes and back logged like crasy

Dr. Larry Blackmon makes excelent swage gear
H&G guns I have a set of 243 on order dont know much about him Will let you know.
Hawk DIes
BT Sniper
There are others but they are nitch and the prices are in the thousands

Deutch

My main setup is RCE ... I have stuff from Corbin RCE and Blackmon all are excelent die makers .... THe lowest cost is Blackmon
Reload3006
Reload3006

Back to top Go down

Post by XbonesX Wed Dec 11, 2013 5:20 pm

Welcome to the forum.

XbonesX
XbonesX
Mod

Back to top Go down

Post by eagle60 Wed Dec 11, 2013 6:20 pm

Welcome!
eagle60
eagle60

Back to top Go down

Post by RemMan700 Fri Dec 13, 2013 1:46 pm

Welcome to the forum.
RemMan700
RemMan700
Mod

Back to top Go down

Post by shootabullet Fri Dec 13, 2013 4:32 pm

Thank you everyone for such a warm welcome and for pointing me in the right direction. I appreciate all of your insight and guidance!

Regards,
James

shootabullet

Back to top Go down

Post by B W M Sat Jul 26, 2014 2:58 pm

Hello from SW IN it good to get new blood on here

B W M

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum