Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Corbins bullet eng software

4 posters

Go down

Corbins bullet eng software Empty Corbins bullet eng software

Post by Reload3006 Wed Dec 29, 2010 5:50 pm

I bought the Bullets engineering software from Corbin MFG. I guess I'll give it a shot. Been playing around with it. I had written Dave Corbin a letter and he was prompt with an answer. I asked him about what jackets etc I would need to make a specific bullet. didn't really get a straight answer form him on the subject. but he suggested his software said it was only 10$ so I told him to go ahead and send it. 38$ later on my CC i got a 3 cd set well a 2 cd set and a dvd on how to make bullets. anyway It dosen't tell me what jackets to get for a given bullet but it does tell me how long the bullet should come out. So I guess judging from the software i should use an .800 j4 jacket to make a 62.5gr rebated boat tail soft point bullet that should shoot good in my 1:9 twist barrel. we shall see. over all if the price really was 10 bucks well worth it but i'm not sure at 38 and i do feel kinda deceived. Suspect
Reload3006
Reload3006

Back to top Go down

Corbins bullet eng software Empty Re: Corbins bullet eng software

Post by Daywalker Wed Dec 29, 2010 5:54 pm

Yea you lost me on the 10.00 and got a 38.00 charge... Kinda wierd.. Or did you add the other stuff yourself??

Daywalker
Daywalker
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Reload3006 Wed Dec 29, 2010 6:06 pm

nope told him if the software was only 10 bucks send it ... he did and added the other stuff on there as well I guess its sold as a package he just didnt mention the package.
Reload3006
Reload3006

Back to top Go down

Post by Daywalker Wed Dec 29, 2010 6:21 pm

Wow, I do believe I would be in talks with him...As a matter of fact, I know I would be on the phone or a letter sent to him!! That was an unautherized charge...

But that is just me I guess....
Daywalker
Daywalker
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by algunjunkie Wed Dec 29, 2010 9:16 pm

you said send the "software" so that is what he did.

every time I discuss an item with him, and then place an order with him for something else, I get everything that we discussed plus what I ordered

algunjunkie

http://algunjunkie.webs.com

Back to top Go down

Post by kcatto Wed Dec 29, 2010 10:35 pm

not to be rude or anything but that would kinda tick me off.... it is like bait and switch.... he tells you 10.00 but charges you 38.00...

you would not get a t-shirt at walmart marked for 10.00 and pay 38.00 at the register??? or would you???

I would at least question it??? does not have to be nasty but questioned at least...
kcatto
kcatto

Back to top Go down

Post by Reload3006 Wed Dec 29, 2010 10:44 pm

well actually he told me that his 1001 soft ware was ten bucks in an email and that i could find it on his online catalog. I looked and saw a software pack that was around 38.00 dont remember what it actually was. I emailed him back and told him that I couldn't find any software for 10$ on his web site and that if it was only ten dollars i wanted it. he said that he would put the order in himself. I dont see how he thought it was ok when I said ten and he sent the 38. I assume that he sent the order out and his staff filled it. I dont think he is dishonest maybe a little shady definitely a snake oil sales man. But when you want certain items he is the only game in town. As far as I know he is the only person offering jacket drawing dies for copper sheet. I just haven't gotten used to the Idea of his prices. Reckon I will make my own they really aren't that hard to do just a bunch of them.
Reload3006
Reload3006

Back to top Go down

Post by kcatto Wed Dec 29, 2010 11:20 pm

Reload3006 wrote:well actually he told me that his 1001 soft ware was ten bucks in an email and that i could find it on his online catalog. I looked and saw a software pack that was around 38.00 dont remember what it actually was. I emailed him back and told him that I couldn't find any software for 10$ on his web site and that if it was only ten dollars i wanted it. he said that he would put the order in himself. I dont see how he thought it was ok when I said ten and he sent the 38. I assume that he sent the order out and his staff filled it. I dont think he is dishonest maybe a little shady definitely a snake oil sales man. But when you want certain items he is the only game in town. As far as I know he is the only person offering jacket drawing dies for copper sheet. I just haven't gotten used to the Idea of his prices. Reckon I will make my own they really aren't that hard to do just a bunch of them.

now you are talking.... need to figure on a price I might be able to buy a few sets from you depending on sizes....
kcatto
kcatto

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum