Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Chrony?

+5
Daywalker
tripples
XbonesX
eagle60
RichBirdHunter
9 posters

Go down

Chrony?  Empty Chrony?

Post by RichBirdHunter Sun Jan 09, 2011 12:46 am

As some of you already know, I am having issues with my 338wm. I have never used a chrony whats good? What should I stay away from? I can also use it with my bow.
RichBirdHunter
RichBirdHunter

Back to top Go down

Chrony?  Empty Re: Chrony?

Post by eagle60 Sun Jan 09, 2011 1:02 am

Rich. I use a F1 Chrony. I went with a lower priced chrony as I didn't need all the accessories. I use it to work up loads and have not been disappointed. The only thing it doesn't like is the harsh reality of a boolit connecting with the sun screen support rods - kind of knocks it senseless for a while - don't ask me how I know Embarassed

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
eagle60
eagle60

Back to top Go down

Post by XbonesX Sun Jan 09, 2011 2:46 am

I have the Chrony Beta Master and like it
XbonesX
XbonesX
Mod

Back to top Go down

Post by tripples Sun Jan 09, 2011 3:57 am

I have a ProChrony and it serves the purpose, I would like to get a different Chrony as I have a Shooting Chrony printer but the ProChrony is not compatable with it. I have never had a problem with my ProChrony and dont think I ever had to replace the battery in it. But I keep the battery in the box and not in the unit itself. I think the directions take some time to learn (I have to go back and refresh if its been a long time) but basic operation is straight forward.

tripples

Back to top Go down

Post by Daywalker Sun Jan 09, 2011 4:13 am

Shooting Chrony Alpha Master Chronograph is what I have [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

I have shot my glue stick bullets over it, you can shoot arrows and bb guns over it as well as paintball guns. You can have this set out a good ways from your bench and it has a detached display that you can run back to your bench so that you can see whats going on and quickly write down eliminating the need to buy an extra expensive printer which requires a battery to operate and gives you yet another item to carry with you to the range.

It is a great chrony. I have to get extra sky screen wire since I shot mine, but it is still going strong..
Daywalker
Daywalker
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by XbonesX Sun Jan 09, 2011 5:28 am

Daywalker wrote:
I have to get extra sky screen wire since I shot mine, but it is still going strong..

you can use bamboo skewers like you would use for BBQing kabobs. I misplaced my rods once and that was what I used as an alternative.
XbonesX
XbonesX
Mod

Back to top Go down

Post by Reload3006 Sun Jan 09, 2011 10:46 am

+1 on eagles corny I have one that I got from sportsmans guide. dont remember what i paid for it but it has been invaluable for both archery and load development both rifle and shotgun and pistol.
Reload3006
Reload3006

Back to top Go down

Post by eagle60 Sun Jan 09, 2011 11:46 am

Ain't it strange how those rods act like magnets and attracts the projectiles straight to them ?!?! I actually found mine about 30 yds from the point of inpact. Straightened out good and still works. I like xbones bamboo skewer idea though. It would be cheaper than a cleaned up welding rod.
eagle60
eagle60

Back to top Go down

Post by Daywalker Sun Jan 09, 2011 11:55 am

Yea I have been meaning to get them over a year ago when I shot my rods. I using a crappy ole bushnell scope that I knew was tracking tot he right and forgot to about that when I started shooting at a target to the right...Bones had told me about the skewers before, I just have not gone to get them......

Rich, when you decide on which brand of chrony you are going to get (Chrony Alpha Master *cough cough lol) take this warning and pick you up some extra packs of skewers just in case. And do not unless you are there, let your friends borrow it. On shot to the display, it is all over. But, Chrony brand like i have, you can send in the one you shot up and for half the price of a new one, they will replace it...

*** Let me double check that price on replacement....
Daywalker
Daywalker
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by RichBirdHunter Sun Jan 09, 2011 1:37 pm

OK, I got a lead sled, I ordered the Beta Master Chronograph( From this point forward it will be known as the MASTER BETA CHRONY) I will get the twist info, but I think Reload3006 is right. I will keep you up today.

Last edited by RichBirdHunter on Sun Jan 09, 2011 1:57 pm; edited 1 time in total
RichBirdHunter
RichBirdHunter

Back to top Go down

Post by Daywalker Sun Jan 09, 2011 1:53 pm

Congrats.... that should keep you busy for a while....
Daywalker
Daywalker
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Mohunter Thu Jan 13, 2011 9:10 pm

I got the Pro Chrono Pal and it will read my arrows from my Bear Grizzly recurve at 150fps up to my 22-250 at 4,300fps with no problems anywhere in between. It says it will go up to 7,000fps, but I don't have the balls to push my 22-250 that hard. Shocked
I bought mine factory direct for $100 bucks and it works flawlessly in the correct light........but they all must have the correct light to get accurate measurements.
Mohunter
Mohunter
Store Front Owner
Store Front Owner

Back to top Go down

Post by eagle60 Thu Jan 13, 2011 9:46 pm

ROFLOL Mo. Even if you did have enough to strech out the 22-250 out that far, you probably wouldn't have 'em long after it finished coming unwound !!! What a Face
eagle60
eagle60

Back to top Go down

Post by Mohunter Fri Jan 14, 2011 8:16 am

Beleive it or not Eagle, I have read somewhere that the fastest anybody ever pushed a 22-250 was somewhere in the neighborhood of 5,400 feet per second.......WOW! That is flat Smokin' What a Face

I'm sure it wasn't an accuracy load? Suspect
Mohunter
Mohunter
Store Front Owner
Store Front Owner

Back to top Go down

Post by CMAsailor Fri Jan 14, 2011 8:04 pm

Mohunter wrote:Beleive it or not Eagle, I have read somewhere that the fastest anybody ever pushed a 22-250 was somewhere in the neighborhood of 5,400 feet per second.......WOW! That is flat Smokin' What a Face

... obviously beyond the SAMMI specs... How big was the action on that thing? did they re-bbl a howitzer?
CMAsailor
CMAsailor

Back to top Go down

Post by Mohunter Fri Jan 14, 2011 8:13 pm

I don't remember what the specs on the rifle and load were, but I'll try looking it up. It's been a long time ago.

It was a 22-250 though, standard case and everything.
Mohunter
Mohunter
Store Front Owner
Store Front Owner

Back to top Go down

Post by eagle60 Fri Jan 14, 2011 8:55 pm

Mohunter wrote:Beleive it or not Eagle, I have read somewhere that the fastest anybody ever pushed a 22-250 was somewhere in the neighborhood of 5,400 feet per second.......WOW! That is flat Smokin' What a Face

Great Balls of Fire !! 5.4K fps seems like it would strip that boolit down to nothing before it got out the barrel good Smile I would test it - maybe - in a universal receiver that was built like a tank... Shocked
eagle60
eagle60

Back to top Go down

Post by Reload3006 Sun Jan 16, 2011 10:53 am

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Reload3006
Reload3006

Back to top Go down

Post by Rbhusson Wed Mar 30, 2011 4:53 pm

Sportsmans guide F1 Chrony is the way to go. If you dont have a coupon then look one up on line. look for the $10 off no limit one (it will take sime time but they are out there, just google it). It will save you a shipping cost and maybe alittle off the item.

Rbhusson
Store Front Owner
Store Front Owner

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down