Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Is there a temp. fix ?

+8
Mohunter
Hughie
dartfreak75
Reload3006
eagle60
fletch_medic
RichBirdHunter
brow_tines
12 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Solved Re: Is there a temp. fix ?

Post by eagle60 Sun Mar 06, 2011 1:03 pm

+1 on the lee dies. I have broke the decapping pin on my '06 die but the root cause of that was my fault. Some enterprising individual had crammed a BC or Goody's powder wrapper in the case and I just did not look when I ran it into the die, so SNAP it went !! No, I wasn't the individual - - I got this brass from a range and was too eager to get it all ready to load . I have only bought lee dies with the exception of the lyman die for the 7 x 57 that I got second hand for cheap. I do own a rcbs die, got it from some die trading to get the cal that I wanted and ended up with the rcbs Smile
eagle60
eagle60

Back to top Go down

Post by RichBirdHunter Sun Mar 06, 2011 1:05 pm

fletch_medic wrote:I think about everyone has had a bone-headed backwards primer moment. By show of hand.... cheers

cheers I called RCBS told them it was my fault, they agreed scratch and sent out a couple of new ones for FREEEEEEEEEEEEE
RichBirdHunter
RichBirdHunter

Back to top Go down

Post by RichBirdHunter Sun Mar 06, 2011 1:05 pm

fletch_medic wrote:I think about everyone has had a bone-headed backwards primer moment. By show of hand.... cheers
RichBirdHunter
RichBirdHunter

Back to top Go down

Post by scorge30 Sun Mar 06, 2011 1:54 pm

RichBirdHunter wrote:I called RCBS told them it was my fault, they agreed scratch and sent out a couple of new ones for FREEEEEEEEEEEEE

I have heard good things about RCBS customer service but have never had the cause to call. I figure if some snapped pins are my fault then I should just get my butt in the car and go get some or wait for an order from Midway to arrive with new pins.

I keep a running inventory on my loading bench and when I see that I am getting low on RCBS pins I toss an order in the next Midway shipment. I try to keep at least 5 in reserve so that I have enough spares if I break a pin in each RCBS die I have in use.

My father (who is a contract welder & semi retired farmer) tells me that another quick fix is J&B Weld and a small piece of either brazing rod, stiff TIG wire, or a piece of thin arc welding rod (with the flux snapped off) stuffed in the hole. Not pretty and unless you use the monel, or stainless wire, the TIG and brazing wire tends to bend.
scorge30
scorge30

Back to top Go down

Post by Reload3006 Sun Mar 06, 2011 3:08 pm

I cant say enough about RCBS customer service. I told them i needed a Keith seating plug they sent me on free.
Reload3006
Reload3006

Back to top Go down

Post by hawcer Sun Mar 06, 2011 3:12 pm

RCBS even sent me the new designed expander/decapping rod for my 308 resizing die when I broke my decapping pin and couldn't find replacements.
hawcer
hawcer
Mod

Back to top Go down

Post by scorge30 Sun Mar 06, 2011 4:27 pm

I have heard nothing but good things about RCBS customer service. I'll keep that in mind if I break more pins or loose the little collar again.
scorge30
scorge30

Back to top Go down

Post by XbonesX Sun Mar 06, 2011 4:45 pm

last time I tried to call RCBS there were 40 people on hold in front of me. LOL havent gotten around to calling them again.

I need 2 or 3 things replaced.
XbonesX
XbonesX
Mod

Back to top Go down

Post by hawcer Sun Mar 06, 2011 11:33 pm

XbonesX wrote:last time I tried to call RCBS there were 40 people on hold in front of me. LOL havent gotten around to calling them again.

I need 2 or 3 things replaced.

Send a note to their customer service through their web site with your problem...it takes a few days sometimes for a reponse, but they usually take care of you.
hawcer
hawcer
Mod

Back to top Go down

Post by scorge30 Mon Mar 07, 2011 12:27 am

Thanks Hawcer, was not aware that RCBS would take an e-mail. That is good to know.
scorge30
scorge30

Back to top Go down

Post by tcvpar Mon Mar 14, 2011 8:00 pm

dont you have a drill bit the size of the punch? # 2 TAKE A PANNELING NAIL PUT IT IN A DRILL and turn it to fit .. sorry for caps

tcvpar

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum